First Grow Questions!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UTR420

Reaction score
Hey experts, i got a few questions for ya guys. Im gonna grow the seeds I got out of some good ****. Im using a energy efficient bulb, not sure of the watts. Itll b in a 6 ft tall, 2 foot wide and 1 1/2 ft deep closet w. doors. I'm using Miracle Gro potting soil and plan to have a fan on it. I have a bag of blood meal, 15-30-15 plant food fertilizer and 10-15-10 liquid plant food. Im a little familiar with the process but it's been awhile. After I germinate n plant, i keep the light 2 inches away 4 24hrs until i get the height i want? Im just wondering if ne1 can give me a guesstimate of how much water 2 use n when. What nutrient I have would b best and when. And if u have any ideas of lighting cycles that would be good. Thank You guys for any help. I know u all know your ****, so please give suggestions that will make this a success.

Alot of your questions can be answered by reading the forums, my first advice is to get rid of that mg soil, your ladies will love you fer it, GL and green thoughts be with ya!

I don't grow in soil, nerver have, but I do know this...NO MIRACLE GROW..good luck

Your lighting is very important. You need to know what the wattage, lumens and kelvin rating of your bulb. You are going to need more than 1. You are also going to need more than just a fan moving air around. You need to bring fresh air into your closet and exhaust old air out all the time that the light is on so your plants get an adequate supply of CO2.

You need to do some reading. I would suggest that you start at the Resource section and then read all the stickies that apply to the way you plan on growing.

Also be aware that the seeds you find in really good weed (weed that should be sensimillian) are often the result of a plant that hermied and the seeds are likely to hermie, too.

Hello and welcome. The best advise I can give is when one of the Sr. Members offer advise/tips take that to the bank! I am also a noob to growin only been doin it for a little over a year. But have had success only from what ive learn from there wisdom! Good luck and keep us updated.

HI 420,

Welcome to MP! :ciao:

I agree with the others and if you read through a lot of the past threads on this forum you'll find info about everything you want to know when it comes to growing weed. It sounds like your light will be your limiting factor. And you will probably need some ventilation in a tight grow space like that. If your MG soil has slow release fertilizer added to it it's not good for mj growing. Using soils with time release ferts do not give the needed control over how much and when the nutes are released into the soil. You would do better to go with a decent quality more plain potting soil without added synthetic fertilizers and then feed them from nutes that you apply with waterings. Or you could go with a rich organic soil. Marijuana likes organic soil that is amended with organic nutrients like bat guano, worm castings, bone meal, blood meal, rock phosphates, trace minerals, and dolomite lime for proper ph, etc... When soils like this are put together they typically need to be mixed up and allowed to sit for several weeks so that the organics can break down and be of use to the plant. Otherwise items like the blood meal you have will just sit in the soil and not become available to your plants until the end of the flowering cycle when it's too late. The stronger the organic soil mix the less you'll need to feed your plants nutes from the bottle. Both of your nutes are very similar ratios of NPK (nitrogen-phosphorous-potassium)... They are both best for using while in the first couple of weeks of 12/12 as a transition food since it has fairly even NPK with slightly elevated levels of phosphorous. If you soil has ferts in it I suggest you don't use any ferts from the bottle and when your plant is big enough to go into a larger pot get some soil that is better for mj cultivation. There are some great high quality soil brands available at indoor gardening/hydro stores like Foxfarm Ocean Forest but if you don't live near a store you can find better soil choices for mj than pre-fertilized MG soil imho. When it comes to watering you should water very slowly and do so until you see a slight amount of runoff coming from the bottom of your pots. I like to water my pots with a quart of half gal of water and then walk away and let it settle into the soil for 5 minutes. I then come back and repeat and I'll do that over about a half hour until I see runoff. The best rule of thumb with watering is to then wait until the top inch or two of the soil surface is thoroughly dry before watering it again. Over watering is defined as watering when your plant doesn't need it and shouldn't be confused with giving your plant all the water it needs when you do water.

Good Luck!:cool:

hey utr420 if you got a seed from a bud it will most likely it become a hermie if you really want to grow check out some places and get some good seeds.

hey guys, i just threw the first seed in the soil 2day, i was wondering how much water to give it to start and for the next 2 weeks or so? thnx 4 the help, i knew u'd give me pointers.

Latest posts

Back