First grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I was checking the veg tent today and found pistols on one strain. All of the great white shark have pistols. It's odd as they are under 18/6 light cycle. These are from clones that were taken from mothers before flipping. They are about 3-4 weeks old. Not sure if they are in full flower mode or just throwing a few pistols. This strain seems to be heavier on the saliva side, is it possible that once it's fully mature it could flower under 18/6?

image.jpg

sorry my maine bud, but I wouldn't go there if I was you . . . clone plants will almost always throw pistils alot quicker and easier than seed plants do . . . yes, even before flipping . . . and sativa-heavy strains originiated near the equator and will need that full 12 hrs of darkness to flower out strong and reach full maturity . . . looking great !!

:48:

Mainebud said:
So I was checking the veg tent today and found pistols on one strain. All of the great white shark have pistols. It's odd as they are under 18/6 light cycle. These are from clones that were taken from mothers before flipping. They are about 3-4 weeks old. Not sure if they are in full flower mode or just throwing a few pistols. This strain seems to be heavier on the saliva side, is it possible that once it's fully mature it could flower under 18/6?

Actually, it is not odd, it is what we expect to see. Plants will almost always show preflowers while still in veg. I'm not sure what you mean by "fully mature"? Clones are the same biological age as the mother, so it is mature. I do not believe that it will continue to flower, unless it is an auto (and since they are clones, they are not autos). You are going to have to go to 12/12 light to flower.

Is there a reason that you are running your lights 18/6 instead of 24/7?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Actually, it is not odd, it is what we expect to see. Plants will almost always show preflowers while still in veg. I'm not sure what you mean by "fully mature"? Clones are the same biological age as the mother, so it is mature. I do not believe that it will continue to flower, unless it is an auto (and since they are clones, they are not autos). You are going to have to go to 12/12 light to flower.

Is there a reason that you are running your lights 18/6 instead of 24/7?

Thanks for the reply! As for what I meant by fully mature is that since they are clones they are fully mature in that they are not seedlings for the exact reason you mention.

As for 18/6 from the reading I've done there is no significant difference between 18/6 and 24 so why use the additional energy? Do you see more growth from 24? And if so is it enough to justify the additional power usage? I know it doesn't seem like much more but I have a lot of lights on now between veg and flower room. And soon ill be adding more lights as I get more patients so its a matter of conservation.

Thanks for any input on this!

This is a great co2 generator at a low cost! 150 complete and it uses very little propane.

image.jpg

Just a couple pics and a big thanks to everyone! Especially dr fever!

image.jpg

Maine your on top of it don;t have to thank me you did it all your self amazing dude your going to kill it what many do with 30 - 50 plants your going to hit with your 8 or so plants....
well done very impressed train them young super crop and fim work it around that pot veg them 4 - 5 weeks and your going to kill it every time now all you need to do maybe is work on some boosters carbs etc for plants to really beef up them buds always remember to clean up them sucker buds that will always come back under canopy
see every feeding get under and have a look keep cleaning them little things great job dude may be next grow bump up into plastic totes 30 - 40 gallon transplant 4th week and flip in 5th
most importantly is root zone mass / medium i transplant from 5 gallon pots to 34 gallon 2 weeks prior to flip and they explode
Bottom line growing this way you need 5 week veg but looks to me your close to pulling a pound + a side that my friend is insane hit me on pm we discuss a good way to dry and cure at the same time

Latest posts

Back