First grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mainebud

Reaction score
So my seeds sprouted in water and paper towels. I have 6 purple kush and 3 great white shark. They are in root cubes now and will go into quart size containers with roots organic 707. the root cubes were soaked in a mild clonex solution with ph 5.5. My plan is to end up with a mom of each and I will flower the rest. The light is a t-5 with10,000 lumens. I will add a six bulb four foot t-5 as well when necessary. I plan to keep all veg in this tub. I will create a box with some foam insulation I have with foil facing on it. More pics once they break ground.

image.jpg

Thanks for stopping in BWD! I've been following your grow. Just creeping round the bushes listening closely! Nice work on your rooms!

Good Luck MaineBud! Hope you get a couple nice moms out of the bunch.

Nice set up.....Ill be watching......:icon_smile:

Mainebud said:
Thanks for stopping in BWD! I've been following your grow. Just creeping round the bushes listening closely! Nice work on your rooms!

Aint no need be creepin bush line pull stump official and be friend as ya make friend ;)

BWD

Good luck and green mojo. Where ya gonna flower them out at? In the tub will take some work. I gave up quickly on trying to make do with my tight attic space and bought a tent. Never looked back. :)

The seeds came from marijuana-seeds.nl

As for my flower room it's a 6x8 walk in cooler. The tub is just veg space. I want to do a six plant scrog. Six plants are the legal limit for flowering.

Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to your input!

green mojo!! Check out panda film instead of the foil... are you doing a soil grow with a container framed in the tub or a hydro setup?

General hydroponics lucas formula works great for hydro and is easy peazy once you learn the mixing.

GOOD LUCK!

:)

Thanks for stopping by trill. I am going to grow in soil for my moms. Going to use containers of some type. I can legally flower six plants at a time so I don't need a lot of clones. The reason for the foil backed foam is it is rigid and I already have it. So I plan to tape it together in the shape I need but be able to remove it as needed. Eventually I may buy a tent for veg. But for now doing with what I have. Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Ok so I think I drown my first batch of seeds! 10 purple kush and 3 great white shark, not one sprout. Tried paper towels, soaking and direct to soil. I mean really? This is a weed and I can't grow it? Lol. I remember one time as a teenager I threw some seeds in my backyard and some of them grew!

Anyways, onto batch number two. I planted a total of 12 seeds 3 of each, great white shark, white widow, ice, crystal. 8 seeds in coco and four in mg seed starter. Three days in medium and I have 6 sprouts!

So my conclusion is, for me, no more paper towels and no soaking. I bought a 16 tray germination kit made by burpee and it seems to work great! Coco pellets and self watering. The mg seed starter soil is doing great too but I think the germ kit is better for me as I think I over watered and gave too much love to the first round. Plus if 50% of my beans popped on day three why would I do anything else.

Definitely want to say thanks to everyone here for all the info and giving me options for this. You guys and girls are great!

I dont think the paper towel method had anything to do with yur problem. Besides ya said they had sprouted which is all ya want the paper towel part of it for anyway. Yur problem seems to have been after ya sprouted them.Not sure about using clonex on new sprouts,,never used it for anything other then clonning.

Thanks for the response weed! Yeah I don't know what happened on round one but really got me frustrated. I'm excited at the results with new method so lets grow!

Hello main its that time of year were you can go to any walmart and get your self jiffy domes with peat pellets , what i do is get toilet paper and get it real damp place seeds in it and then place it in the dome under flourescents for 48 hrs keeping humidity up and temps around 76 and paper real damp then i get them pellets all puffed up
i then rip the toilet paper with seed in it, make a good hole and place seedlings with little toilet paper about 1/2 " - 1 " in them pellets pinch top soil as to close it all up and back in dome misting daily dome after a few days things start to happen hope this helps you

:ciao: my friend

hope the 2nd round works for ya...I have some Black jack that only 1 popped ..and now need to drop the other 5 and hope...sux when ya pay good money for seeds...You sound like ya did how the peeps do...sometimes its genetics..mojo for the next round

:48:

Thanks dr and 4u! After 14 days and not a sprout, i was really getting discouraged. I'm impressed with both the germ kit and mg seed starter. Planted seeds directly in both and within 72 hours they are above ground. Can't imagine better results with any other method. The germ kit uses coco pellets similar to jiffy peat pellets without net. Self watering for up to 10 days. Time to get busy building flower chamber!

image.jpg

So took a Trip to htg today! Let me know what you think and what im missing.this is my veg tent.

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back