First grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just starting to like you and you had to say that! Lol thanks

Sorry that was at iams, haven't figured out how to quote.

So I transplanted the girls into bigger pots. A bit nerve wracking to say the least. They were in coco so it basically crumbled. But I think I did a good job. I could have judged depth better on a few but didn't want to wrestle with them too much.

image.jpg

Surprisingly some of the smaller plants had more roots.

looks like a Lady Bug and she loves Spider Mites. Leave her alone.

Thanks for stopping by! The girls didn't even wilt from the transplant. I did the ones in mg starter mix today and I'm not impressed with the lack of roots. The first ones were in coco and had roots popping out everywhere.

They are really liking new home and growing like crazy. And the new light! T-5 4' 8 bulb. Plus starting nutes. Lets grow girls!

Yur goona love those T5s. Ya can puttem down almost on top yur girls and they will love it.

Weed hopper, yeah it's already showing a difference. These girls are really growing fast. They do put out some heat though. Bit of a struggle to keep it under 85. I heat with wood stove so heat in room fluctuates. Seem to be getting it under control. I also added a humidifier because the wood heat is so dry. Currently staying at 82 degrees and 52% humidity. Exhaust fan kicks on at 85 but pulls air from inside room so tough to cool it with 75 degree air.

Question about window ac. I am building my flower room in basement and want to mount a window unit in the wall. Wondering if that will suck out co2?

I would run your exhaust 24/7 to better maintain heat. No a window AC won't pull away CO2 to worry about. But there extremely inefficient when you run a exhaust fan to the outside. Will they work. Yeah. Will they cost you a good amount per month running non stop in summer or soon, yeah. But some ppl have to cool with something. It's a starting point, once you make the leap and have the funds for a sealed room with CO2 and a mini split, you won't look back.

nouvellechef said:
I would run your exhaust 24/7 to better maintain heat. No a window AC won't pull away CO2 to worry about. But there extremely inefficient when you run a exhaust fan to the outside. Will they work. Yeah. Will they cost you a good amount per month running non stop in summer or soon, yeah. But some ppl have to cool with something. It's a starting point, once you make the leap and have the funds for a sealed room with CO2 and a mini split, you won't look back.

I am planning on a sealed room with co2. What does a mini split cost? Room is 8'x16'x8'. This is in my basement so it stays pretty cool in summer but by July I plan to have a 12 plant scrog with 4-1000 hps and 3-600 mh. So I'm worried about the heat from the lights. Thanks for the input!

In a basement always helps. But some type of coolant is always nice. That's a big space. But with only 4k watts, you won't need much cooling power. Probably a grand or so will have a plug and play mini split at your doorstep. There easy to set up.

nouvellechef said:
In a basement always helps. But some type of coolant is always nice. That's a big space. But with only 4k watts, you won't need much cooling power. Probably a grand or so will have a plug and play mini split at your doorstep. There easy to set up.

Thanks for the tip!

Latest posts

Back