first harvest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.determined

herb nerd
Reaction score
just chopped down my first plant ever .140 grams. woooo hooooo.alot of stem weight,im guessing 2.5 to 3 ounces dry.

Congrats for sure!

A good rule of thumb is to divide the wet weight by 10..that will be your final dried weight...(more or less)

like the others asked...

what strain?
:)

Good for you, man. Feels good, huh? If you're anything like me, you'll feel that every time you harvest no matter how long you do it.

~Snax

Congrats....harvest is always satisfying!!! Smokin the dried, cured product, even more so, watchin your friends smoke it and the reaction they get is priceless!

unknown strain, i received the seed from a guy.i was out camping and we had smoked all of what i brought the night before .the next day i met him and he handed me a handful of smoke and said he hated to see someone with out any medicine.so i planted it.looks good smells good and is loaded with tric's.ill post some pictures after work today.

cmd420 said:
A good rule of thumb is to divide the wet weight by 10..that will be your final dried weight...(more or less)

CMD420 Do you really end up with 1/10 of your wet weight?????????????

I grow with T5's and LEDs and I usaully end up with about 20-25% of the wet weight... :confused:

JustAnotherAntMarching said:

I grow with T5's and LEDs and I usaully end up with about 20-25% of the wet weight... :confused:

18-20% me but i dont water for about 4-7days b4 harvest:)

Great story but why throw him under the bus and put his name and personal business on the internet????

Thanks--I edited out the personal info from the posts.

THG thanks for removing... when i was reading it seemed kinda hard to believe someone would write that... especially about someone helping them out...?

I grow under 2000w HPS and I usually get about 1/6 or 1/7 of wet weight...

I f I divide by 10, I am never disappointed:)

lordhighlama said:
and that right there jaam is why we trust no one. :(

:yeahthat:

But i see a lot of this...New growers excited and wanting to share..but just dont hink there post out enough...Im sre the poster dd not intend to "throw help under the bus" and as for names....crap I live In Seattle and there are 6 of me:rofl: well name anyway...and thats just little ole Seattle;) ...just my thaughts....

Merry Christmas Everyone:ciao:

Just a thought, but why rake the poor guy over the coals instead of simply and politely explaining what he did and why it wasn't cool, especially since none of you seem to think it was done deliberately?

And if you really trust no one why the crap are you posting here? If someone wanted to find you bad enough there is enough inadvertent information included over a period of time to find you!

It must get pretty lonely not trusting anyone -- usually that kind of isolation leads ot paranoia and eventually to not even trusting your self.

Also, do you really think that LEOs have so much time that they can mine all of these forums on the off chance that they will find a single grower in their town to harass? They are way too busy for that and they have too many local victims to play that game. Crap very few cities even routinely troll (as in fishing) for pedophiles much less personal growers. You actually have lot more to worry about from family and friends than some LEO recognising you from the web.

Good smoking

Don do as you like but I've learned that everyone has a price. If that price is found they will sell you out faster than... well just fast. :)

I don't think I raked the op over the coals just made a comment that these are some of the reasons why we should tell no one about our hobby. Some people just can't keep there mouth's shut and without knowing are putting others in danger.

And that is why I find it much easier to TRUST NO ONE when it comes to things that can get me in trouble.

DonJones said:
Just a thought, but why rake the poor guy over the coals instead of simply and politely explaining what he did and why it wasn't cool, especially since none of you seem to think it was done deliberately?

And if you really trust no one why the crap are you posting here? If someone wanted to find you bad enough there is enough inadvertent information included over a period of time to find you!

It must get pretty lonely not trusting anyone -- usually that kind of isolation leads ot paranoia and eventually to not even trusting your self.

Also, do you really think that LEOs have so much time that they can mine all of these forums on the off chance that they will find a single grower in their town to harass? They are way too busy for that and they have too many local victims to play that game. Crap very few cities even routinely troll (as in fishing) for pedophiles much less personal growers. You actually have lot more to worry about from family and friends than some LEO recognising you from the web.

Good smoking

don: IMO, this was not being 'raked over the coals' just the language of today. you are right, 'more to worry about from friends and family'. that is the point. if he'll repeat info about some one he just met one weekend, to the www, he will do it again, inadvertantly or not.
as for myself, the less known the better. no one to 'accidently' let it slip out.
the old adage, 'loose lips sink ships', comes to mind. your military, should understand, i would think.
as far as the rest of your post, isolation, lonely, paranoia, LEO, phhttt, chill.

fa$tca$h

i put the name out there because the permission was asked ,and hes a supporter of the legalization,and put his stuff on public television.thank you for your input im no rat. i served time on someone else behalf because i would say anything.so you say what you want and think what you think.and thank you don.

As you can tell, these are both subjects that I feel strongly about. My references to paranoia are NOT intended to be applied to any particular group or individual(s) but just to behavior in general. Nor was or is it my intention to offend or embarrass any one, just hopefully motivate activism. There is room for people from all spectrums of the political community in our struggle, just like there was in the Civil Rights movement. I DO SERIOUSLY BELIEVE THAT IT IS TIME FOR US AS MJ USERS AND/OR GROWERS TO UNITE, COME OUT OF THE CLOSET AND EXERCISE OUR CONSIDERABLE INFLUENCE TO CHANGE STUPID LAWS! If we let the public and the politicians see that we are mainstream people including politicians, professionals, law enforcement officials, and people from all respected walks of life not some fringe group we stand a much better chance of getting the changes that are way over due! Edited by DonJones.

This is what I was referring to as "raking him over the coals."

Great story but why throw him under the bus and put his name and personal business on the internet????

It seems odd that two of you took it personally with nothing to direct any attention to you. My point entirely is similar to yours, the person who you have to worry about is the person who knows you and gets in a bind so tries to buy himself a reduced sentence of even a walk by selling you out..

You do NOT have to worry about some fictitious LEO out there mining the Internet for hours just to POSSIBLY find someone in his home town who is a small time grower to hassle. 99% of all crimes are solved not through detective work but because of tips or someone giving you up. The LEOs have way too much to do to be playing the games many of us believe they are playing. The paranoia that many of us fall into, is exactly what the LEOs want us to feel so that they can keep us divided and ineffective.

If we all keep hiding like the criminal that the LEOs portray us as, then that is the only picture that the citizens will ever have of smokers and growers. Do you really have ANY IDEA who large and strong of as block we would be IF we came out and united? Do you have any idea how much financial clout we have if we just unite? Do you know that as far back as 1990 MJ was estimated to be the largest cash crop in the nation? How much influence do the corn farmers have? Do you think it is because they united or do they run around one at a time and hide their problems?

We have the best opportunity to get at least medical marijuana legalized by law, not executive order which can be reversed just as easily as it was given, that we have ever have before MJ was demonized in the early 1900s as a trade off to the do gooders to end Prohibition. We finally have favorable President and Congress, regardless of the rest of their politics. My GOD they just removed the prohibition against the citizens of DC from implementing the medical marijuana laws that were approved by the citizens way over 5 years ago -- actually I believe it was closer to 10 years ago.

Now you all are free to continue to do as you please, but if you continue to hide, then you have no one but yourselves to blame for the repressive laws we struggle with daily.

And if you don't know the entire circumstances, then quit calling mr. determined some one who will sell you out.

mr. determined, I know your gaff was unintentional,but a suggestion to everyone is when you disclose the name of a source with the source's permission (and sometimes their encouragement) PLEASE indicate that oyu have their permission.

Now can we all put this behind us and just get on with trying to get along and exercise our power to try to get the laws changed?

Good smoking

Latest posts

Back