First Hydro grow, transitioning to bloom w/pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killuminati420

PNW Oil Tycoon
Reaction score
hey all, so ive been growing this plant for about a month DWC. im using 2x 2' T5s (becuz im broke as sh!t :( :fid:) also using 1x 46watt cfl and a 150watt cfl (ill be buying 2 more asap)
Nutes: General Hydroponics FloraGrow, FloraMicro, FloraBloom.
i switched the lights to 12/12 2 days ago and no sign of flower yet( but im not expecting to see any for another 2-3 days)
Today is the day i switch the water in the bucket with the flowering nute mix....this is the part i need help with, do i follow the chart on the bottles for transitioning?
anyway, heres some pics. the pics of the plant are 9 days apart :hubba:

p_00226.jpg

p_00227.jpg

p_00228.jpg

p_00234.jpg

p_00238.jpg

p_00239.jpg

really? i thought it being a bubbleponic system it would do it much quicker :giggle:

Plants lookin SWeet Kill!!:aok: I've got the exact same system like yours even to the t5 lights. Gotta be efficient so my dad doesn't see it in the electrical bill LOL. Anyways what I can tell you from experience is that when I followed the exact instructions on the bottle I ended up SCORTCHING my plant!! If you want to see pics, check out "plant looks seriously diseased" post. Oddly enough my problem started at the same stage your at now. What I've read and might of helped is that I should of done a res flush for a week after you did a week of 2/2/2. The reason I've read is because during the flowering process the plant doesn't consume N anymore,so by doing a flushing your getting rid of the N that has built up. Aswell a flush is also recommended roughly around 3 weeks. Especially because where using hydrotron and is a pourus material, it collects and apparently builds up of nutrients. So when flushing you should run straight ph'd water over the medium to get rid of the build up.

Aswell check out generalhydroponics website and check out how much ppm there is in your res. Apparently when follwing the directions your roughly getting about 1400 ppm. I've read thats too much and should be around 800 t0 1000ppm. I think this is what almost killed my plant. Its absolutly critical that you moniter your ph and your PPM. I'm still a bit confussed on how ppm reacts with the plant when its using and not using the nutz and wish someone could explain. it would help alot.

BTW HOPE ITS A FEM DUDE!! Sending some good vibe's your way!!!!:banana: :banana: :yay:

Good luck and let us know! I'll try to help out as much as possible from expirience as I'm still very nubish with all this!!

Peace!

thanks for the advice CS, i know NOTHING about ppm but i keep my PH around 6.0 because i wanted to make sure she was a she :hubba:
oh ya and i never did 2-2-2 because i didnt have all the nutes till i flowered so it went from general veg straight to flower .
as of 2 days ago 1 week into flower i saw some white hairs sticking out :woohoo::watchplant: since then its started to form more bud sites but only at the top of the plant. heres some pics, the only camera i have is my phone so there crappy but i got the best pic of white hairs i could lol.

first white hairs.JPG

july 30th 9 days into flower.JPG

side view july 30th.JPG

lol if i could i already wouldve lmao, i dont use a digital PH meter i have to read it with my eyes...cant get it to 5.8 because its the same color as 6.0, im trying to get a digital ph/ppm meter but broke atm

pcduck said:
Drop your ph to 5.8 should see an improvement with nute uptake. 6.0 is starting to get on the high side for ph in a DWC set up

you will experience phosphorous deficiencies if you dont get your ph down to at least 5.8.

I would ph to 5.6 and let it rise naturally to 5.8.

Dont make me have to say i told you so when this happens, your ppm as of now in bloom should be about 1400ppm @.7 conversion.

otherwise, they look great, but without meters for checking ph and tds/ppm/ec you are going to be having problems, no really, a flowering plant consumes so much more than a plant in veg, so when a deficiency onset starts, there isnt much you can do but try and keep it happy with more nutrients, but dont over do it.

its been in bud for 10 days, when should i expect more bud sites? so far theres only a couple at the very top

i think the plant looks great considering the amount of light and good by any means...a digital combo meter will make things much easier when you get one..

sorry it took a couple extra days things are pretty chaotic right now. but heres some pics. white hairs comin out everywhere, hopefuly 1 or 2 more weeks and it will form some buds :D . (smoked the first bowl of the day right before these pics lol, wierd angles.)

top of the plant august 14th 09.JPG

all lights on.JPG

nice angle.JPG

My Bong.JPG

wierd angle =p.JPG

hi, grow looking good.I am also using GHE nutrients and u will find that the flowering will be delayed due to the fact that there is too much nitrogen in the feed if u follow their feeding chart. I had to change the feeding regime a week earlier to allow flowering to start.Apart from that i am pleased with results from these nutrients.

yeah budding was delayed for a while, its starting to form small buds everywhere, will they grow quick? and should i change my nute mix up?

is the nitrogen going to make it grow slow through all of flowering, and will it effect the end result?

i like to use less of the green and more of the red than the chart calls for during flowering....just keep the ppm's at the required level.

Latest posts

Back