First Indoor Grow-Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBFan

Days of Wine and....Roses
Reaction score
Hi All- Got 3 ladies growing. Germinated in soil at the end of March, put on 24/7 April1 under 400w MH. Used MG soil, transplanted at 4 weeks, flushed, went organic with nutes. Started 12/12 1 week ago, still under 400w MH but added 2 70w HPS. Temperature is about 80 during "day" and 65 at "night". Humidity runs about 55% at night and drops to about 45% during day. Plants are about 18" tall. Grow space roughly 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 feet. Here are some pics (photography obviously not my strong suit). Am I on the right track? Any comments/suggestions? Thanks in advance.

U should try LST on her a lil. Considering how u just started flowerin, it should be ok. That way she wont outgrow your grow space O_O

um,generally speaking, no he shouldn't. jostling the plant while in flower is bad. and to tie her at this stage would mean pushing branches,jarring the pots and tugging (however gently) on her stems. just say no to LST after flowering,period.

anyways, they're looking great! just keep an eye on the temps/humidity as summer gets into full swing and you'll be golden:D

much love,
MamaG

wow, I REALLY hope my girls end up half as sexy as those little beauties.

They look great to me. Nice work so far. Definitely keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

So- Mama and Ethan-
1 week into flowering. Never done lst before, checked the stems this morning, I think I'd be afraid to bend them at this point. But now I've got 2 more questions. 1- I have been rotating the plants to maximize light exposure- rotating once a day- do you think that's a bad idea? They do get jostled around when I move them. Also question 2 is for killertea- What about lower fan leaves? My son came by yestreday and said I can prune those too, but I thought I read on the boards here to never trim fan leaves unless they're yellowing. Is it wise to prune fan leaves that look healthy? Any one else have any thoughts? Thanks. BB (stands for Blueberry BTW).

well i suppose if you are gentle and extremely careful to not bump them hard or anything it shouldn't be a problem to turn them. although if you have a properly enclosed/reflective space, you shouldn't need to turn them.

i tend to agree with most folks, in that you don't trim fan leaves unless they are dying. yellowing is usually caused by nitrogen deficiency, which can be corrected. IMHO trimming is best saved for those situations where all else has failed.

I've never done the underbrush trimming thing myself,so i can't really advise on that :) i can only say i, myself have never trimmed off healthy leaves or branches unless it was for cloning purposes.

take care,
MamaG

Looks good man.. Can we see a pic of your hole grow room?

They look great... Way to go! Suggestions? Well, if you have a fan blowing on them they get stronger... Fans are very important in this whole process... you should be able to move them anywhere you want with no problems... they should bounce right back if they are healthy and happy...
Fan leaves... my idea is to 'leave' them alone unless they need to be taken off for blocking light toward the end or if their causing mold underneath... which now makes me wonder why the humidity is so high... That 55 per cent humidity might make mold a problem as they get a little older, especially in bud... Temps...? changes of 15 degrees is a mold producer too... but I guess that depends on the strain and the circulation and the natural climate.
I live where mold is a problem, so I have to take precautions always, even in veg. Maybe you are in a dry climate??? Here I'd have mold everywhere at 55% humidity. I've been keeping some late hours spraying for mold and mites. It's a pain. Hope you don't have that problem.
Let us know how it goes... Good luck with your journal and of course, your girls!!!
:peace:

LOLOLOL...Just a note... I just noticed you have the BB for Blueberry... cool.
I just had a rude awakening today... I got rid of all my Blueberries... except maybe one... I found out they are doing so well in bud indoors... what a shock. They didn't look good in veg and I was worried they were taking up valuable space and I didn't save a mother!!!... so today I'm in search of my BlueBerries that are somewhere outdoors! LOL. Shoot, they may be hiding from the insult. But the indoor BBs are sure pretty. Take Care.
:holysheep: :peace:

Thanks all- My grow is actually in my wine cellar- hence the high humidy. I don't want to use a dehumidifier- may dry out some corks. Need to find a balance between my vices. I just threw a box together pretty quick- lights are hanging from the ceiling- so heights not an issue. I'll post up some more pics in a few days and include the box I built. Been designing a new improved one based on some tips I got off the set up forums and also from the problems I've had with this one. Gonna move the lights instead of the plants, don't want to take any chances. You guys are all great and thanks for all the feedback.

Ettesun- Thanks for the info- hope you find those babies. I'm pretty sure that's what I've got growing (I posted some pics under Indoor Growing forum). They might be a cross with something I was told was "White Star", something from my son's outdoor grow last year. The white star was mostly a sativa with a real pine tar scent/flavor to it. Won't know till they're cured. Again, thanks for the input. -Blueberry Fan.

Oops, that's the thread I'm on. Must be high!

They are 18 inches and you only have 2 1/2 feet and just started flowering... Well hopefully they dont stretch to much, mine doubled in size after flowering

Widowmaker- I've got unlimited ceiling (well 8' anyway) and strain is mostly indica. No top on box, lights hung from ceiling. Still, hoping they don't stretch over 3 feet. Can add to width if need be- did the width of yours also double? Thanks for the input.

They are looking pretty good to me. IMO I wouldn't trim the leaves..thought I read to put as little stress on them while flowering as possible.. Fans do deft help strengthen the plant.. LST shouldn't be an issue.. did it pretty late in my growth with no set-backs.. Good luck.. keep us posted.

Sorry i have been away from my house lol. LST isnt that bad for a youngin that hasnt shown preflowers...

Latest posts

Back