First indoor grow!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fellowsped

Reaction score
So I have been waiting and waiting and finally the time is right for me to do an indoor grow. I invested in a homebox, 400w hps with a digital ballast, two 4in. vortex fans, a carbon filter, air-cooled hood, and fox farm ocean forest soil. I'm running my inlet straight from the window into the tent and the outlet goes through my carbon filter then runs through the aircooled light and out the top of the tent.
Over the weekend i started germing my seeds. The first ones were from a couple of plants that i grew outside. The second ones were from a big bag of seeds that i picked out of seedy pot over the years. The last ones i most recently started were out of bags of Beasters throughout the years. They all seem to be starting well except for the seeds that i took from my harvest this fall. They don't seem to have a good germ rate at all. They are all good developed seeds and look no differant than any of the others they just don't seem to be starting well. Do i need to give them a while before i try to start them?
Anyways i'm working on some pictures so you all can check out my setup and hopefully soon some buds :D i'll try to make sure i keep this updated so you can watch it grow with me.

good luck with them babys. green mojo to them little seeds to pop.

Thanks for the replies.* Just had another one pop the ground thanks for the mojo Wiseguy Chef.

I don't care what people say around here. I've always found gold in the fatty bag seeds I've germ'd and gotten to take. Wishin' you much dank nuggage in your future, bud. Take care and remember to always keep it on the QT.

Yeah i've always had good luck finding some good plants in bag seed but i also have had some hermies and some shitty producing plants.* Soo this year i decided to breed a really nice male with some sticky, stinky, savory females to get a good seed stock.* I want to try growing it inside and maybe even doing some further breeding with it to try to stablize it and then grow it outdoors around here.* My ultimate goal is to get a stablized strain outside that will grow wild for several years and end up with my own "land-strain" that grows wild. Wouldn't that be awsome to just have some patches in areas that grow wild every year. Just leave several good healthy females every fall to drop seeds naturally and come out earlier in the year to cut out the undesireable males so that the genetics don't go to crap. I dunno maybe it's nothing more than a mere pipe dream and maybe i'm just really high but it sounds pretty sweet. ok stoner rant over

I now have 9 little babies poking out of the dirt and another few that are going to be there soon. They are loving the light, growing really quick. Temps are in the mid 70s down to maybe 68 or so. I love my homebox coolest thing i have ever bought!!!

One question my humidity is only at 30%ish most the time. How can i bring that up??? seems a little low for seedlings to me but i don't have any floros so i have to use my hps light.

well, if you DID invest in a couple o' floros you WILL vegg better..i would think a pan of water on the floor would raise the humidity some...i kept mine at 70-80% during veg in my soil grow...try a cheap air stone in a bowl of water.. that shoud bring it up even more...worst case, just mist daily(lightly)

ok i'll probably pick up an airstone tomorrow and give that a shot. Can't really spend much money right now as i am out of work.

yea they sure do grow likes weeds huh?? i am so proud of my babys 2. i will be posting a pics on my jornal on monday, the start of week 2 of veggie, all i gots to say is wow, my plants have dubbed, in size. 2 more weeks an flower stage starting!!!!! BUDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:holysheep:

why not get a humidifier.i got one at goodwill for 2 bucks.i also had to get a dehumidifer,but that hit me in the pocket a little harder.i too have had low RH latelt and have my humidifer on a timer to run 15 mins every hr.its keeping the RH at around 59.i was running in the 30's myself

That sounds like a good idea. The babies are starting to get their third set of leaves. They're growing soo fast i can't wait to start flowering and see what these can do.

I plan on it i'm trying to borrow a camera from a friend so i can let you all have a peek at "the kids".* I now have a dozen that have poked ground.* I'm really excited to see what the seeds that i bred this year will do inside.* That and i got some of the Beaster seeds to pop and one has already broken ground so i'm looking forward to some nice fatty indica nugs.* Anyways there's a bowl someone left untourched in my room so i need to do the responsible thing and "dispose" of it before it spills or something. Peace Out

word. yeah, get that cam bro. need to see them ladies. my updates come monday. one more week after monday an flowering stage starting!!!!

Hey just giving a quick update got 17 of them poked out of the ground. Some of the older ones have already got the fifth set of leaves and are looking great. Sorry still no camera. Going to veg for probably three more weeks before i start flowering going to get a camera before that though. Got the humidity up so it's not so low. Anyways i'm off to cruise the site happy smoking.

Latest posts

Back