First outdoor attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420ftw

Reaction score
A little background first :)

one night after having a puff with my wife I took a seed out of some bud we were smoking and tossed in her garden (literally). well a few days later it sprouted, but we had to leave on vacation ( this was about june 29th) came back from vacation to see this.
weed1.JPG

so I let it go to this
weed2.JPG

I figured at this point since my neighbours windows views my flowerbed, I should probably move this plant. SO that's what I did.

I haven't done anything to this plant at all except it was watered with the miricale grow fertilizer that my wife uses to water her garden once in a while ( after reading the Newbie FYI post I see you shouldn't ever let it have any miricle grow fert's)

it's in a bigger pot behind my garage and it still seems to get decent light.

weed3.JPG

Now I don't know crap about growing a plant, this wasn't even in the plans. To me the plant looks healthy, and I am hoping it's going to go into bud right away, from some reading I have done...I am thinking it might be pre-flowering but the picture below might help people tell me if it's female. I think it might be.
weed4.JPG
weed5.JPG

Is there anything I should be doing with a plant in this stage? like I said I haven't done anything special to it at all.....maybe some neglect while I am away camping over the weekends, but I don't think neglect is what it needs.

I have no idea what kind of strain it is ( wish I did)...although the bud it came from was good.

any advice someone can give would be welcome.

Also, is there any way I can persuede this plant to start flowering?

yeah put in under hid for 12/12 to "persuede" it. else wait for the seasonal change which will trigger the bloom phase.

so if I don't have access to a HID, can I just move the plant from/to the garage to create the sense of 12/12?

If you in the northern hemisphere it should be starting to bud anytime. The closer to the Equator the later in the yr flowering starts with most strains.

420ftw said:
so if I don't have access to a HID, can I just move the plant from/to the garage to create the sense of 12/12?

I know one grower that has done that off and on, so yeah you can do it but its a pain in the tookas...you couldn't miss a day else it'll go loopy...

I am up in canada....can't get to much more northern :)

Would you agree from my pictures it's a female? is it alternating nodes?

have you visited "SINGLE SEED CENTRE".com ??you can buy 1,2 or whatever amount of KILLER seeds,start in early spring and see the full life cycle of a monster,super female mj plant.it is soo enjoyable and all the help you need here.good luck

I would say that unless you make some provisions to take it inside, it will not finish before your days get too short and/or you have a frost. I also see no signs of alternating nodes or sex yet. You are pretty much going to need 8-10 (or more) weeks after you see signs of sex for the plant to finish. We are now at the end of August--this means the plant will need until the latter part of Oct or the beginning of Nov to finish.

I have moved it indoors and she is starting to flower now :) about 2 weeks in.

these pictures are from about a week ago.

photo.JPG
photo1.JPG
photo2.JPG
photo3.JPG
photo4.JPG
photo5.JPG

I noticed my PH is about 7.6 but the only PH adjust chemical I have is from my kids fish tank so I have left it for now not knowing if the PH adjust for a fish tank will kill my plant.

I have stayed away from nutrients.....cause well I have no idea what I am doing, so I figured I would just leave it instead of kill it :)

Sweet -- you are a cutivator my friend :) I think it is amazing that you just tossed a seed in the garden and are producing a pretty little female plant. I wouldn't do a thing to her -- she is doing it all by herself. Good growing, dude :)

Peace

Thanks, what about the PH in my water, is 7.6 ok to use or should I try to lower it? if I do try to lower it......would using the PH adjust for the fish tank be a bad Idea?

is it ok to have it inside the portable greenhouse which is inside a sun room ( which does't get alot of sun anymore)

At first I kept the portable greenhouse zipped up, but I noticed ALOT of condesation building up inside, now I just leave it unzipped for air to get in.

I keep it in the portable green house as there are pets in the house, and I don't want pet hair in my dank.

DO I have to keep a fan on it? the stock on this plant is thick...very think.....it took very heavy heavy winds being in my back yard ( I thought she was gonna snap, but she just took it)

Also, the other day I cut a few of the fan leaves off , hope that wasn't a bad thing to do. I had to cut them off due to the moisture that was in the green house turned a few of the tips brown with some minor mold on em.

420ftw said:
Also, the other day I cut a few of the fan leaves off , hope that wasn't a bad thing to do. I had to cut them off due to the moisture that was in the green house turned a few of the tips brown with some minor mold on em.

I think you did good by cutting those bad ones out, I would have done the same. You have done well. If I were you I would put up a fan too keep the air moving.

:icon_smile:

Here go you some GREEN MOJO to keep your lady healthy.

MARY-JANE said:
I think you did good by cutting those bad ones out, I would have done the same. You have done well. If I were you I would put up a fan too keep the air moving.

:icon_smile:

Here go you some GREEN MOJO to keep your lady healthy.

will do...thanks

Latest posts

Back