First scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mainebud

Reaction score
My seeds landed two days ago and are germinating. I want to thank everyone here for all the help and useful info. And I'm hoping for much guidance along the way! Ill start posting pics as I go. My plan is to germinate 10 seeds. The best two will be moms and the next best 6 will go to scrog room. The seeds are purple kush and great white shark. I currently have a small t5 setup for seedlings and will get a six bulb four footer when they need it.

I plan to use my tub for veg (i know what your thinking, no worries i have a shower too so i wont be stinking up the place! lol) and am building a flower room out of a 6'x8' walk in cooler. This is a great idea because the walls are fully insulated, it's modular, and it was free! It seems like an excellent option. Appears to be close to airtight when setup correctly so almost no wasted co2. I plan on using 2 1000w hps and 1 600w mh. I am still working out details for heating/cooling. I'm sure ill have a ton of questions when it's built as to venting and circulating fans and more.

One of my big questions is about controllers. I have been looking at them and don't want to make a costly mistake. Any suggestions on this item for flower room?

Thanks!

waste of money IMO..on controllers...I think TheHempGodess even said she was selling hers on Graigslist....that cooler sounds like a great idea..how is it fit for exhaust holes and what not?...is it easy to cut holes in?...and how about the seeds...you said you want to keep 2 for moms and the best 6 for scrog...are these femminized beans?..if Regular beans..that would be a great m/f ratio...Im pulling up milk crate to fallow along...cant wait to see pics of that flower house

take care and be safe

I use this controller

hBIUp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/cap-air3-temperature-humidity-and-co2-control-p-363.html

with this CO2 monitor.

hBIUp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/cap-ppm-co2-monitor-and-controller-p-3013.html

I use this for my closed ventilation system for the lights

hBIUp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/cap-tmpdne-adjustable-heatingcooling-thermostat-p-360.html

All are set it and forget it..Plug-n-play

Thanks for dropping in!
Yes on the fem seeds. And hoping to successfully end up with eight out of ten. If not that's ok ill germ a few more to fill scrog box.

As for cutting holes yeah it's a piece of cake. Those boxes are a dime a dozen as the saying goes. Many supply house throw them away. The panels are easy to cut as well so easy to configure how you need. Just the door is not easily modified.

I agree with Smoke :) The only controllers you will need are timers for the lights and for an automated watering system/hydro system(if you go that route). The last plant that I ran in organic drank so much water that I hooked it up to an automated watering/recirculating system that worked beautifully, and all I had to do was add a 5gal bucket of solution to it about every 5 days. Much grow mojo for your new grow :) If you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

Thanks duck! That is a much more cost effective way than the all in one unit I was looking at for $1100.

Hush and smoke, do you guys run co2? That's my concern is the co2 control. As for the hydro system I do want to move in that direction but I am going to get set up and running first then upgrade down the road to maybe ebb and grow system. Any thoughts on that?

I thought about the co2 but unless you have a large setup where you are looking to produce lbs of bud, setting it up and maintaining the closed atmosphere is more intense than necessary.

As far as the ebb and flo system; if I knew then what I know now, this is the system that I would go with, or something very similar as it gives the best of all worlds I think: hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/flongro-system-oceanus-controller-p-3826.html

Yeah, If I had a single large room to put it in, I would get it. :)

I dont run co2...ya need a sealed room...I grow in a Shed outback and the added cost didnt make sence too me....I also grow in Soil..Im building a Hydro setup now but wont be running till next year at least...I personaly would grow without co2 and get the room in check..than if you feel it will help than add co2..

what strain ?

take care and be safe

Latest posts

Back