first semi big grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cubic ft. I only do once a minute. CAP fans hung by bungy, super stealth ducting, wrap fans in armaflex if you dont want to hear them, purrr.

Heres what we call "super stealth duct", srry

hxxp://americanhvacparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=duct-silver_flex_duct

really excited guys.. getting my new system tomorrow.. 1000w Mh/HPS conversion system, lens, Mh bulb, HPS bulb, conversion cable, and magnetic ballast thats pretty lightweight for about 400$ after tax.. :yay: :yay: :yay:

my babies will love me so much..well ima try and post pics tomorro if i can get this uploader to work

ok guys i kno i been lazy about gettin pics up.. but tonight when i get out of work i plan on doin so.. pics of the room and pics of the babies.. and surprise surprise i found an old dro seed from a pretty good strain im not to sure on.. i think a kush strain tho:shocked: .. and i jus planted that today too. so tonight pics will be up of everythin and happy growing to all:D

ok guys.. i finally did it.. i took pics and got them up:shocked:.. ok now try not to be to harsh on me.. i kno i still need a couple things for ventilation and such but the first pic is some of the fans.. i got 1 blowing on the ballast and also out the cracked door.. got an osilating fan goin helpin with the circulation of fresh air and got another small fan helping the sproutlings out.. now i kno yall are gonna say some light is escaping with the cracked door but i have to rite now or temps are gonna b dangerous for the babies.. but for now it will make do.. i figure im runnin almost 4900 lumens per sq ft anyways.. wut it gonna hurt to lose a lil bit

2nd and 3rd pic are jus pics of the system.. i got it about 30 inches or so away rite now.. that will have to do for now till i get more supplies..and they are growin fast anyways:cool:

4th pic was yesterday when i had 6 potted plants and 6 in pete moss still

and last pic is today all 12 of them.. :hubba:

and planted the lucky #13 today.. i totally forgot i had an old seed of some mystery kush layin around so i germed it today and we shall see wut happens:D

IMG_4676.JPG

IMG_4665.JPG

IMG_4663.JPG

IMG_4668.JPG

IMG_4677.JPG

thanks Amateur Grower.. ya, i def have been doin wut i can to pamper them for now since i dont have everythin for em.. but they are def growin fast and to keep the light bill down i run it 12 hours under the Mh and 12 under the beautiful florida sun:cool:.. i figure the best of both worlds until flowerin and them girls are only stayin inside and im having my way with them:hubba:

I thought you said you were getting an air cooled reflector? Or is it just the angle of the pic? I don't see the attatchments for running ducting?

Also I didn't meen to bail on ya, with your questions, I've not been on here a bunch lately. Like NouvelleCef said once a minute will work. All the books only require that the air be exchanged once every 3-5 minutes. This is just one of the areas I like to have overkill in...I like plenty of fresh air in my space.

Like Nouvelle Chef said you need to figure out the cubic area of your space, and then decide what CFM fan you need and how often you want to cycle out the air. I would go with at least cycleing it out 1 time per minute. If you went with that then you just go with whatever the cubic ft of your space is is the CFM size you need.

Legal, I think I see his tempered glass on top of the shelf with his bulb wrapper.

Fla, DO NOT throw that wrapper out. You may need it one day. That's the first mistake I ever made. And, no, not even close to the last--the last is yet to come.

legalize_freedom said:
I thought you said you were getting an air cooled reflector? Or is it just the angle of the pic? I don't see the attatchments for running ducting?

Also I didn't meen to bail on ya, with your questions, I've not been on here a bunch lately. Like NouvelleCef said once a minute will work. All the books only require that the air be exchanged once every 3-5 minutes. This is just one of the areas I like to have overkill in...I like plenty of fresh air in my space.

Like Nouvelle Chef said you need to figure out the cubic area of your space, and then decide what CFM fan you need and how often you want to cycle out the air. I would go with at least cycleing it out 1 time per minute. If you went with that then you just go with whatever the cubic ft of your space is is the CFM size you need.

i thought it was air cooled but when i went back some1 had gotten to it.. so this was the next best deal i got.. i actually jus saw ur reply on here jus now.. srry it took so long.. but ya, i jus posted a thread about wut size cfm i should get.. i been lookin around and found 1 i like but not sure how to kno if it is wut i need and if it will get the job done.. i have 180cu ft.. i was thinkin a 2-4 min exchange.. u think 1 every min is needed? and i have side panels in the hood that i can hook the ventilation thru.. thanks for your replies guys.. every little bit helps:D :D

and this is the 1 i was lookin at.. lemme kno wut u think
hxxp://www.graceshydro.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=2537

I think without the refelector being air cooled you need to cycle the air as much as possable. with that being saids if you were to cycle it 1 time per minute you would need a 180 cfm fan, 360cfm for 2x a min, 540cfm for 3x a min, and 720cfm for 4x a min...does this make sense? If not PM me and we can work out the details.

legalize_freedom said:
I think without the refelector being air cooled you need to cycle the air as much as possable. with that being saids if you were to cycle it 1 time per minute you would need a 180 cfm fan, 360cfm for 2x a min, 540cfm for 3x a min, and 720cfm for 4x a min...does this make sense? If not PM me and we can work out the details.

yes sir indeed.. i understand completely now.. ya.. jus waitin on some cash flow and i will b gettin the cfm atleast 540.. probably a little more jus cuz of wut you said about the carbon filter.. i agree with you that overkill in this department cant hurt u at all.. i jus need to hit the lotto already so i can jus get wut i need rite away.. lol.. thanks again..

HI,

Nice, nice... it's great to see your :baby:babies:baby: up and at it...:hubba: I think that is an air cooled hood you've got, bud... That little panel with 4 screws on the end where the mogul socket is more than likely comes right off and you more than likely have to buy a couple of 'optional' duct flanges that attach with those 4 screws.... Is there another panel like that on the other side of the hood? If so, I'm sure it was designed to use with or without ducting. Since you are down in the land of the muggy sweltering drippin hot sunshine state you'll need to really step up the ventilation and supplement with a/c when it starts heating up down there pretty soon. One option you may consider is buying a closet door at home depot that you could make a hole in for running your ventilation exhaust and another hole for an intake and when you move you just put back the original door. OR... make a hole in the ceiling of your closet to exhaust your heat and repair it or hire someone to repair it before you move.

Happy Growing!:cool:

dirtyolsouth said:
HI,

Nice, nice... it's great to see your :baby:babies:baby: up and at it...:hubba: I think that is an air cooled hood you've got, bud... That little panel with 4 screws on the end where the mogul socket is more than likely comes right off and you more than likely have to buy a couple of 'optional' duct flanges that attach with those 4 screws.... Is there another panel like that on the other side of the hood? If so, I'm sure it was designed to use with or without ducting. Since you are down in the land of the muggy sweltering drippin hot sunshine state you'll need to really step up the ventilation and supplement with a/c when it starts heating up down there pretty soon. One option you may consider is buying a closet door at home depot that you could make a hole in for running your ventilation exhaust and another hole for an intake and when you move you just put back the original door. OR... make a hole in the ceiling of your closet to exhaust your heat and repair it or hire someone to repair it before you move.

Happy Growing!:cool:

ya it has the panel on the both sides.. and i had planned on runnin the duct from 1 side and the fan thru the other i jus have low funds rite now:( but i should soon and plan on doin so.. i do like the door idea i didnt think about that.. i cant go thru the roof.. i would but certain restrictions where im living so no holes in anything thats why i like the door idea... i jus mite have to do that.. and im thinkin bout gettin this 747cfm vortex 8" and that should get my air exchange about 4 times a min and i want to get a carbon filter too.. but like i said as soon as money starts comin in...thanks for the help tho man.. any idea on how much a plain old door is?

HI bud,

That sounds great for ventilation. If you go with 8" ventilation, ideally you'd want an 8" cool tube or air cooled hood too but I know yer tight on funds... All in due time. With a 4" flange on your hood it's going to really limit the pulling power of even an 8" fan. It's going to take some serious air movement to keep things cool and that sounds great to me. You should have some time til the blast furnace kicks in with outdoor temps but if you can manage to get great ventilation going you'll be on your way to having great control over temps in your grow space. I dont know if youre familiar with fan motor speed controllers but they are very handy and made for controlling the speed of your ventilation fan. There is one controller that is pretty affordable ($22) called the Speedster with a dial for adjustment.

hXXp://www.horticulturesource.com/product_info.php?products_id=1665

I have one of those but recently I bought a new thermostatically controlled fan motor speed controller that is more pricey but to me it's well worth it. It's made by Grozone and the model is a TV-2.

hXXp://www.grozonecontrol.com/TV2_en.html

Anyhooo... keep on rockin.:rolleyes:

Peace!:cool:

dirtyolsouth said:
HI bud,

That sounds great for ventilation. If you go with 8" ventilation, ideally you'd want an 8" cool tube or air cooled hood too but I know yer tight on funds... All in due time. With a 4" flange on your hood it's going to really limit the pulling power of even an 8" fan. It's going to take some serious air movement to keep things cool and that sounds great to me. You should have some time til the blast furnace kicks in with outdoor temps but if you can manage to get great ventilation going you'll be on your way to having great control over temps in your grow space. I dont know if youre familiar with fan motor speed controllers but they are very handy and made for controlling the speed of your ventilation fan. There is one controller that is pretty affordable ($22) called the Speedster with a dial for adjustment.

hXXp://www.horticulturesource.com/product_info.php?products_id=1665

I have one of those but recently I bought a new thermostatically controlled fan motor speed controller that is more pricey but to me it's well worth it. It's made by Grozone and the model is a TV-2.

hXXp://www.grozonecontrol.com/TV2_en.html

Anyhooo... keep on rockin.:rolleyes:

Peace!:cool:

i mite be too stoned but did i read this correctly?? these increase the speed of your fan?? i looked at both of em and they both look like great investments if thats the case.. i looked at the user guide for the tv-2 and i saw it has an outlet u plug the fan into.. can u plug a multi outlet piece into it and run more than 1?? this is great and a pretty affordable buy.. i mite have to make thaat 1 of my next purchases cuz its cheap nd if it picks up the ventilation that would b great.. thanks DOS

Hey flaboy88, I don't know if this was mentioned or not but I have the same reflector. You can get a flange that will mount on the vent opening and connect your fan directly to it. I will do some digging and find the link, I think they were $12

godspeedsuckah said:
Hey flaboy88, I don't know if this was mentioned or not but I have the same reflector. You can get a flange that will mount on the vent opening and connect your fan directly to it. I will do some digging and find the link, I think they were $12

correct!! 12$ is rite.. i have actually been lookin all mornin at new expenses i need to get and that was def 1 of them.. thanks godspeedsuckah..

That controller will not increase the speed of your fan. It can only go as fast as it's designed to, but the controller will let you adjust the speed up or down to where ever you want it running, so that it doesn't need to be running full speed. If your temps go up you can adjust it up a little.

I think that the company selling the flanges seperate is a crock! How much did you just spend on that reflector???...lol...and they can't throw the flanges in there with it? I'd be pizzed! Sunlight Supply sends the unit complete. I guess anything to make a buck...but really, why not just add the price on and not have to spend 2 shipping fee's? Or was this an option you just chose to split up because of tight funds?

DOS...I wondered if those were probably for the venting...but just can't understand why they wouldn't have sent the flanges with the reflector, bot of my A/C hoods, came complete with glass, flanges, hangers...you know what I'm saying?

legalize_freedom said:
That controller will not increase the speed of your fan. It can only go as fast as it's designed to, but the controller will let you adjust the speed up or down to where ever you want it running, so that it doesn't need to be running full speed. If your temps go up you can adjust it up a little.

I think that the company selling the flanges seperate is a crock! How much did you just spend on that reflector???...lol...and they can't throw the flanges in there with it? I'd be pizzed! Sunlight Supply sends the unit complete. I guess anything to make a buck...but really, why not just add the price on and not have to spend 2 shipping fee's? Or was this an option you just chose to split up because of tight funds?

DOS...I wondered if those were probably for the venting...but just can't understand why they wouldn't have sent the flanges with the reflector, bot of my A/C hoods, came complete with glass, flanges, hangers...you know what I'm saying?

ya, it would b nice if they would have thrown the flanges in their.. but i got 1000w agrosun Mh and 1000w ultra sun HPS bulb.. the hood with atleast the hangers.. the lens and ballast 391$ after tax.. i felt it was a deal.. 2 yr warranty on ballast and 1yr on the HPS bulb... and i have a hydro store like 15 min away.. so no shipping fees.. jus go there to get it:D

Latest posts

Back