First time greenhouse grow - when?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BudMuncher

Reaction score
Hi all so at the moment here sunrises at 6.30am and sets just after 6pm so I don't want to be planting out just yet. But in the UK when would be ok for me to put some plants out in the greenhouse? I've just ordered some autoflowering beans so I can get them going whenever once they arrive but not sure on my 12/12 strains. At the moment just got them in the tent under 18/6 but do want to get some going outdoors soon as I can.

Thanks all :)

..If they are 'seedings', the short hours are rather insignificant, as they are not sexually mature, and won't flower as long as the dayight hours are on the increase.
BUT... if they are clones, or sexually mature plants, or near sexual maturity and under 18+ hours of artificial light 'now'. and you put them out under less than around 14 hrs of natural light, they "could" start flowering on you.

hey there RBH!!:ciao:

Hi Hick, was interested in the answer to this one myself ... bought a greenhouse as of late and am going to try a few under glass this year

(have no experience growing in natural daylight)

Thank you sir :)

Thanks guys :) Had a frost last night and this week still gonna be cold, will hope to get some outside in april I think.

By the way I used to be known as Thorn :ciao:

Have just been talking to an old Dutch friend who has been at it many many years (and is on same latitude as ourselves). Here are his exact words :

"It's not a good idea to surrender them to daylight just yet. Across here we have a rule that they shouldn't go outside before the 'IJsheiligen'. That's 15th May. Any earlier and you risk regression. If the plants start to regress, even partly, it will cost you even more time before they recover"

Might be worth holding on a little longer thorn ;)

Latest posts

Back