First Time Grow - Test Plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dank bud

Reaction score
Hey everyone, as you may know, I have been wanting to start growing for a while and i have finally got two sprouts, one of them i germinated by dropping it into a cup of boilED water for a day then i put it into a soak paper towel for 3 days until the root came out about half - about 3/4 inch, then i put the seed into a cup of organic potting soil, "all natural".. supposedly. The other sprout is about 2 inches in height and has its second pair growing bigger everyday. Hopefully one of these grows out to be female; well have to wait and see!

This is the most INSPIERING forum i have found on the web, and after read a pound load of outdoor/indoor diarys, and organized grow threads i have come to learn a lot more about growing cannabis, and i cannot wait until i get my BigTime grow goin!

Thanks for all of your advice and feel free to throw some test questions at me...... Stay Tuned!

PS--- I will have pics up of these plants just as soon as i get an sd card!!!

pce, DankBud

Do not boil the water you use to water your plants. When you boil water, you are evaporating off pure water and leaving the salts and contaminants in the remaining water. Boiling also removed the DO from your water. You should let water sit out for about 24 hours to get rid of the chlorine, though.

First let me :welcome: you to our Community...This is by far the best packed site of growing you will find..and the folks here are so helpfull...Im sure you will like it here..Do we know the strain of these? and did you boil the water and then put beans in hot water? or just builed water? with an outdoor grow i just use rain water and hose..indoor i use RO water...how is the plot you are planting these in? be sure plenty of drainage..i like to dig my hole 2 ft deep and 2ft wide..then fill with good mix...by the time the roots get down that deep they are plenty stong to bust threw.Here is some MOJO for the little ones..and cant wait to see some pics..what nutes if any are you planning to use? will check back in again Later..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

The Hemp Goddess said:
Do not boil the water you use to water your plants. When you boil water, you are evaporating off pure water and leaving the salts and contaminants in the remaining water. Boiling also removed the DO from your water. You should let water sit out for about 24 hours to get rid of the chlorine, though.
Really? i thought it would've like purifyed it in a way. Rain water should be good any way.

thanks.., nice toke btw!!

I don't think boiling water is a good thing to use. I'll give you a break down of how I've germinated in the past. My buddy almost talked me into switching my method, I am glad he didn't as I had very close to a 100% germination rate and all were very healthy.

Materials:

I have always used room temp purified water (a gallon bought from the store). If it was in a cooler make sure you let it sit in a room that's about 70 degrees for at least an hour.

Brauny paper towels with NO INK. Get the expensive kind that are strong and durable (they don't have to be Brauny but they need to be high quality). Make sure there isn't ink on the towels. DO NOT buy cheap paper towels as they were adhere to your sprouts very easy and you will put microscopic tears into your sprouts when you pull them away from the paper towel. Potentially causing stress.

1 gallon zip lock bags. You can use quart bags but I find that sometimes the mouth of the bag isn't big enough to get the sprouts flawlessly. You need to handle them as delicately as possible. The bigger the bag the more ease you have pulling your sprouts out.

Steps:

1. Wash your hands with anti bacterial soap. Rinse them thouroghly you do not want to transfer any germs or soap for that matter to your seeds. Not the biggest deal but it would be terrible for a plant to be sick to start it's life. This also helps to prevent mold.

2. Take a paper towel fold it in half and then in half again so into a quater. Soak it into water slightly ring it out and then unfold it so it is only folded into half.

3. Let the seeds sit in the water for about a min then put them onto the wet paper towel. I usually place about 10 - 15 seeds per paper towel depending on my strains. I always keep good track of my strains. I do rows of 5. Also make sure you spread them out nicely and stagger your rows. So if (|) represented a seed on your paper towel and (-) was the space between each seed, it would look like.
|----|----|----|----|
--|----|----|----|----|
|----|----|----|----|
This way your sprouts are less likely to grow into eachother and entangle.

3a. Make sure you put your seeds all on the same half of the paper towel, so you can then fold the towel in half (for the second time) so the seeds are covered on the top and bottom. So the paper towel would be folded back into quaters when you are done.

4. Then put the paper towel with the seeds in it into a plastic ziplock bag (i usually use 1 gallon sized bags). Spray the plastic bag the top and bottom with water as well.

5. Then put the bag into the dark. Make sure it is a warm place. But not too warm, I have put mine over my heater vent before and I didn't get nearly the results I got when I put them into a cardboard box.

6. Leave them alone for 24 - 36 hours then checked them at least once a day for the next 2 - 3 days. Spray the bag and paper towel again to make sure it is constantly damp. Check for mold (Your main enemy at this point). On the 3rd or 4th day depending on how big and strong they look I would then transplant them outside.

Germinating is a relatively simple and easy process. I just go into detail with my method because I have refined it over the past couple of years and have gotten really good results with it.

Sounds like you got some good techniques their. the first time i germinated i probably put half of the care into handling my seeds the first time. Right know im sowing 2 seeds, that im going to take on a 3 hour car ride wait one night then take my atv down these trails and im gonna plant them in the most water absorbant soil that i could find, and im not going to be back for 1 - 2 weeks, 2 days after planting, so hopfully they dont get too much stress.

But yea, :goodposting: Trueshoe, and stay tuned.

I would pre dig my holes and use a good soil mix for my plants also I find I have a better success rate if I water my plants when I plant them and again within 3 or 4 days. I usually try to water them at least once per week after that . The first week after transplanting is the most crucial for the plants:)

this might sound whack but, I planted the inside of a seed, the little shriveled inside part after it cracked from being pressed together but two objects in my back pack... i just thought why not plant these in a pot at my house, after i planted them i dint really think about it but a couple days later i got a sprout!!! i was shocked, so i let i grow ,transplanted it like 3 times vigorously and brought it to mybuddys house after a while, i havent checked on them for 2 weeks. anyway i did the same thing and this time i cant tell if its actually a weed sprout, a bush bean seed i planted or a red radish i planted in the same pot...btw these r just plants in using to gain knowledge to grow the bigtime grow..

pce

Welcome to MP I spent a long time growing bag seed before I bought good genetics. I'm glad i did cause I had some not so good harvest, would have been a waste of money.

Good luck
MCM

Motor City Madman said:
Welcome to MP I spent a long time growing bag seed before I bought good genetics. I'm glad i did cause I had some not so good harvest, would have been a waste of money.

Good luck
MCM
ya, for me this yearsgonna be bagseed. I couldn't scrap up enough money to buy off the internet, w/e. ill plant enough bagseeds, if I can get 10 im happy..

Latest posts

Back