First time grower.Slow rhino?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Wait i would say atleast a week.

Actually. Dont raise the light, just give her some time. maybe no longer than 2 weeks.

veg her some more you gota 400w just for this plant make full use of it you'll thank yourself for it in the end :)

hey droopy she has mad shoots coming from every side which also makes me think she is just a short fat bush.So should finish this weeks of nutes then flip her?gh's feeding schedule shows a transition period of a week.Should i skip this and just flip her punk a@s ?

lol I was thinking move the light closer if temps allow and comfortable for the plant..indicas are squatty by nature the further away it is the more you lose.

i just harvested two rhinos...they are very stoney plants...the trichs are incredible...2 hitter, quitter...lol...

veg her taller man. go another week, then top her, then veg another week, then flip...

mine finished at 27, and 30 inches tall...

i agree with 2dog, i wouldnt move the light further from the plant. you say it's a 400 watt light. MH or HPS?

being a short plant is not that bad of a thing! the clones that i'm flowering right now are over 4ft tall and i'm running out of room quick!

keep the nutes where you got them and veg for 2 more weeks. see where we are at then. btw, you can flip the lights to 12/12 any time you want. if the plant is not sexually mature it will take longer for it to flower, but it will be ok.

also, again, i would suggest following GH's schedule! do not skip the transition period! your plants, even if they are small, look very good!

good luck, happy growing brother.

IRISH said:
i just harvested two rhinos...they are very stoney plants...the trichs are incredible...2 hitter, quitter...lol...

veg her taller man. go another week, then top her, then veg another week, then flip...

mine finished at 27, and 30 inches tall...

topping her is not a bad idea at all! although, it's hard to top your first plant lol. it just feels soooo wrong...haha

keep the top as a clone..make her some beautiful babies! she could live on forever..

thanks guys and thanks surrep :) but this may sound stupid how do i top irish i seen youre rhinos and im jealous :(thanks for allimput guys.Nice to get help like this.This is my first time grow and im having fun.I cant wait till that first toke of dro that i grew lol.Im from texas so i have only smoke dirty brick weed from mexico.I have had blueberry once and orange kush once and oh man need i say more lol.But anyways thanks for allthe info guys and yes my baby looks nice and green im so proud lol even if she is 4 sorry inches lol what do the say its not the size its what it can do? lol

it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean, baby. lol

the way you top it is, get a razor blade or soak some scissors in rubbing alcohol and find the top node. you can cut as many nodes as you want off (up to a point though, you dont want to cut her down lol). by nodes i mean the intersections, where there is new growth and a fan leaf. for your small bushy girl, i'd just cut one node right off the top! i know it sounds crazy, but its the same as pruning a bush. or cutting grass. you cut it, and it comes back almost stronger.

in fact, on my new clones, when they get to about 4 or 5 inches. i'm going to either cut them or bend them over. read into LST if you are interested in that. it's Low Stress Training. They say that cutting off the top is High Stress Training. Use the search, there are many good guides on doing this either here or with google.

anyways, ur welcome, happy staring at your short green bush. she's awesome.

thanks surrep.I will chop the top node tonight before lights out.

mics7277 said:
so what do you think i should do droopy?She is 28 days today and i just changed her nutes to about 1065 today.So i should i let her veg longer or after this cycle flip her?I know this strain is short by nature.So if a strain is short by genetics it would be a waste of time to veg her for long periods of time?She is on 28 days today.She i flip her now?Or wait and hope for a few more inches?

Well, 'most' plants don't hit sexual maturity till around 2 months +-, so I'd veg her for a few more weeks, take some clones for future use and then flip her.

It isn't a waste of time to veg up to a point, but at 28 days, you are nowhere near that point. 88 days might be near that point, but not 28.:holysheep:

On my particular indica, when I take clones, she really goes nuts with the growth. Doesn't get tall, but bushes out with plenty of axial limbs.

Relax, give her a chance, she's a special lady. I'd love a plant that stayed 2' or so. An indoor dream.

Lights can only penetrate 2 1/2' or so of canopy and anything much taller is a waste indoors, at least for me.

For sure don't flip her till you have some clones for the next grow.:hubba: :hubba:

DD

where do i chop here is a pic

number 10.jpg

i'd clip the stem right below the small leaves on top, but my suggestion was to wait 2 weeks then top it.

also, is your bulb MH or HPS? it looks like MH...is it air cooled? i would move the light closer. move it as close as you can, do the hand test. if your hand gets burnt after a minute or so, so will the plant. get the light as close as possible.

im have a switchable and im using a mh bulb of course.Its not air cooled.BOut to move light closer.

ok the lights are about 6 inches from the top and the heat has raised to 82 degress and im safe there?

Latest posts

Back