First time grower.Slow rhino?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mics7277

Reaction score
I started this from seed she is a white rhino from ghs fem seed of course.Its been 28 days today and she is only 4 and half inches.If you go to ghs website they have a video of the white rhino and they are three times bigger then mine by the same time.But they dont say if its form clone or seed..Any ways i have seen others grow white rhino on this website and they are growing from clones and there plants shoot up in like 10 days.Is my size normal from seed?I am using a 400 watt switchable light about 12 inches from the top.She is at 967 ppm now and the temps are from 72 to 80 tops.Res temps stay at 70-72.I am using 3 part flora and floralicious grow with diamond nectar.PH stays at 5.8 to 6.1.I have her in huge walk in closet with ample air blowing in and out.So is this normal from seed?Is that the advantage of growing from clone?Alot quicker then seed?If you grow from seen can you yield more?If i grew a plant from seed to 4 feet and grew a plant from clone to 4 ft both from the same mother would they yield the same?

number 1.jpg

number 2.jpg

number 9.jpg

Reactions: zem
I can only answer your last question. Yes. they would yield the same.

Clone would get to size a little faster. The main reason for using clones is that they are sex. mature . Flowered as soon as they root.

Thank you :) all info is needed to grow.LIke i said this is my first grow.So all info no matter how big or small is gratefully appreciated thanks icex420

you cant know what a specific seed would yield before you flower it even if from the same mom, a clone has a known outcome but the seed from that same mom can give much different yield considering theyr both same size

sorry zem maybe you confused my question or maybe my sorry ask didnt ask right.Is it normal for my plant to be at about 4 and half inches at 28 days from seed?

bascially am i on the right path?My plant is very healthy and a beautiful green :) she is only 4 and half inches.Is this where she is suppose to be at in this stage of 28 days?

I forgot to mention as well, You are doing better so far than ive seen from many as a first time grow...

I grew 4 plants in a 1 gal jug throu flower. and plucked the leaves off the whole way for my first grow....

You will be fine. and as for what zem said, hes correct. i was just going by what i thought you meant. i figured u meant the same exact plant. Clone really... from seen or from clone. Do you follow me? kinda confusing. maybe if you could take a clone and turn it back to a seed.
ughhh

But yeah you will get different phenotypes from the seeds of the same mother. thats whats zem is saying.

naww i know i rambled some but i just really want to know if my plant is where she is suppose to be at 4 and half inches at 28 days.Thanks ice

Shes a little slow. but short and fat is good. Dont worry. Shel double size in flower.

I think its time for a 50% dilluted nute feed. and full feed after that.

your plant looks good, it is short but green and healthy and bushy not stretchd your light is sufficient my guess is that this strain doesnt stretch and all is going good the clone is more mature and will grow faster in the start, IMO things are normal, if its cold veg growth will slow down significantly hope this helps :)

If you want your plant to gain some height, raise the light about 2 inches for about 3 days. then lower it back down 1 inch from the two after the 3rd day.

Im sorry im so confusing. im confusing myself the way im explaining myself

well i did stress her out with underfeeding from the first two week.I was chasing her ph for a week or two also.but now she seems to be very stable with her ph and her color is gorgeous very green now.So should i leave nutes alone?I read on here when you stress them out it will cause them to grow slowly.Also white rhino is a short bushy plant by genetics.She is suppose to top out at 2 feet.Can i grow her to 4 feet if i veg her long enough?I mean can you pretty much grow any plant any size you want no matter what there genetics are?

no you arent confusing me ice im glad you said that.I actually thought about moving the light up to make her stretch.CAn we get some other feed back on this.I was actually thinking about doing that tomorrow ice thanks for bringing that back up :)

Well you usually arent supposed to feed untill its around its 15th day, or about the size your plant is. I dont see any nute burn though.

Did you read the banks reccomended schedule? Like 4 weeks veg 8 weeks flower or anything? Some banks say pull it day (soandso) after you plant it.

I think you could get her to be atleast 3 feet. 4 feet is possible im sure with the right sized bucket.

well ghs doesnt say crap about how long they veg which im going to email them about that.If i ran a company especially seeds and growing you would know everything about that plant from seed to clone.But they dont say crap just very vague.She has no nute burn and not even close to it.I am using gh's feeding schedule.I read alot on this website before i started her.And most people on here said you have to use half strenght.And i did and my plant was very lime green and shitty looking to be frank.I talked to a couple of people on here and i even called gh themselves.They told me to quit listening to people on the internet and use there mixing charts.I mean they are scientist right?Anyways i moved her ppms up and put her food up to speed where it was suppose to be.And since i did that i have noticed her color change and growth is crazy.But she is a fat short bush she wont strethch.From what i read from this website and ghs website she needs to be at least 12 to 18 inches to flip her punk ***.

mics7277 said:
well i did stress her out with underfeeding from the first two week.I was chasing her ph for a week or two also.but now she seems to be very stable with her ph and her color is gorgeous very green now.So should i leave nutes alone?I read on here when you stress them out it will cause them to grow slowly.Also white rhino is a short bushy plant by genetics.She is suppose to top out at 2 feet.Can i grow her to 4 feet if i veg her long enough?I mean can you pretty much grow any plant any size you want no matter what there genetics are?

In a nutshell, no.

If she tops out at 2', 2' it is.:hubba:

Indicas are short by nature and aren't going to get that 10-15' height of say Thai sativas no matter how long you veg them. Be like trying to grow a 6' pygmy, ain't going to happen ....genetics.

I would pinch that top growth and get her started on the side growth, but that is just me. I usually pinch the meristem after the 4th set of true leaves.

No matter what, she looks great and I wouldn't be overly concerned. Relax and let her grow.

DD

so what do you think i should do droopy?She is 28 days today and i just changed her nutes to about 1065 today.So i should i let her veg longer or after this cycle flip her?I know this strain is short by nature.So if a strain is short by genetics it would be a waste of time to veg her for long periods of time?She is on 28 days today.She i flip her now?Or wait and hope for a few more inches?

Latest posts

Back