First timer, need a lil help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, they are revegging. There must be a light leak in the space or the dark period is being interrupted. And they do still look like they have a ways to go--probably another 4 or so weeks. Light leaks cause the plants to quit flowering and start growing just foliage again.

Is that why the leaves are the very top are growing odd like tht? I'll double check to make sure there isn't a leak. The odd looking leaves didn't start growing until I started to use the Bloom Nutrients.

How much nitrogen is in the bloom nutrients? If there is too much nitrogen, that can cause the reveg to occur as well.

Yes. That is what a plant looks like that is revegging. When you reveg a plant you normally harvest about 2/3 of the plant, put it back into 12/12 light and give it a good dose of grow nutes with nice amounts of N. It will at first grow those funny looking single blade leaves. Slowly over a couple of weeks it will start to get more leaves and look more like a proper cannabis plant is supposed to. I have never seen bloom nutes with N cause a plant to reveg if it is under 12/12 light. Large amounts of N during flowering can cause it to stop flowering, but I have never seen it accompanied by the single leaves that denote a reveg.

Yes. That is what a plant looks like that is revegging. When you reveg a plant you normally harvest about 2/3 of the plant, put it back into 12/12 light and give it a good dose of grow nutes with nice amounts of N. It will at first grow those funny looking single blade leaves. Slowly over a couple of weeks it will start to get more leaves and look more like a proper cannabis plant is supposed to. I have never seen bloom nutes with N cause a plant to reveg if it is under 12/12 light. Large amounts of N during flowering can cause it to stop flowering, but I have never seen it accompanied by the single leaves that denote a reveg.

You mean 24/0 ?

Like I told HP at the very bottom of the stems small new buds are still growing, the buds we have now and still growing and getting bigger and the hairs are still growing to (this is happening on both plants).

There is little doubt that this plant is revegging. It almost certainly has to be light leaks.

I can't swear to it as I am not there where I can really look at it on a daily basis but I believe that is a phenotype anomaly. I had a plant to do the same way one time. It was a heavy Indica and it had the weird leaf growth around the buds but it kept flowering and finished without issue.

In many years of growing, I have not seen this unless the plant was revegging. I was also thinking that the bud development was not really where it should be on a plant this old? I figured that revegging was the reason...

This didn't start happening until she added some bloom nutrients that aren't exactly for MJ as they have a considerable amount of nitrogen. She says the buds are still growing and she is seeing more trich growth. She swears there is no light leaks and she has them on a 12/12 lighting schedule. Unless she isn't understanding something, I'm not sure what could be causing it. I had her cut the "bloom" nutes to half to see if that makes any difference. :confused2:

There isn't any light leaks and I do have them on 12/12. I understand everything that you have tld me this far (HP) and if I dnt understand wat your telling me I ask more questions. The hairs are growing frm the weird leaves, those lil buds on the bottom are getting bigger, most of the white hairs are dying off and turning brown and the trich are growing. I'm doing and have done everything HP has tld me to do.

I'm not saying you aren't listening to me or doing something wrong BBgrl. I was just explaining the circumstances of your situation to others who might be considering causes and solutions. You say hair are growing from the weird leaves? Are these the white pistil hairs growing from smaller buds around the leaves or trichome hairs that are growing on the leaves themselves?

Some of the previous bud pics look like a couple of them are growing ffoxtails. I know foxtailing can sometimes be coming from environment conditions not being right. How are the temps and airflow in your tent?

They look ok to me. Now you need to keep them in a cool, dry, dark place to allow them to dry. If you put them in something like a closet, you will need to open the closet once a day and swing the door back and forth a couple times to exchange the air in the closet so that you get dryer air in the space, then close it back and leave it for another day before doing it again. Keep an eye on the buds when you do this as you want to be sure they are drying quickly enough to prevent molding and slow enough to get a proper drying.

I wouldn't use that pan that you have them in as it will trap air and slow the evaporation from the buds. You need to get an adjustable window screen from the hardware/home improvement store, and set them on that.

I would also trim them up more. You can save the leaf material you cut off to make edibles or tincture or something like that. The leaf material contains a lot of chlorophyll and just smokes harsh and nasty.

Latest posts

Back