Flushing Helpp!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokeup420

Reaction score
hey guys i need your help, my babys suposed to be done in 4 weeks from today. Do I Need To Flush?Whaen should i do it? how do i do it? and how many times???? if some one could tell me how to do it it would be a big helpp

its a 2 gal bucket if that helps. n i did look threw other post, couldnt find nething

To some here flushing means no nutes, only water. To others it means running about 3 times the container of pH adjusted water through your pot. I use Fox Farm and they suggest giving no nutes for the last week for edibles and, ahem, ingestibles.;)

pencilheads right ,,,
but if you mean flushing as in flushing threw i would stop your nutes 2 weeks before hand ,,,and then if your using a 2 gal pot u will want to slowly pour upto 6gals of ph tested water threw slowly i find its easiest to do this in a bath,,,,,then just use plain ph water for the remainder of the grow ,,,,
:peace:

okk so this is what ill do(lemme know if its ight). on week 8 (2 weeks b4 complet)i will stop giving nute and continue watering normaly with ph adjusted water.(like iv been doing). then one week prior to harvest i will give 6gal. or p.h water, very slowly... is this correct? or is that to much water? and should i give it all 6 slowly at once or over a hour or two???

thanks for the help guys

yes do what your doing and give the water slowely over a couple of hrs give or take ,,,congrats on getting to harvest :peace:

What you are doing with the 6 or so gal's of wateris cleaning the soil and roots of any nutes left over. So your end product is pure for your tasting pleasure . Like UKgirl said the tub is the easiest place to do so. Just pt ut your plant under the faucet and turn the water on very slow , so the water doesn't over flow the pot just drain out the holes on the bottom of the pot. IMO that is and yes congrats on the harvest

Or, you could just skip the flushing and tell everyone you flushed the plants. I can promise you they won't know any difference.

Because there is none. Just a big ole myth that keeps getting propagated by true believers without real proof.

Good luck to you regardless of what you do!

If flushing your plants makes you warm and fuzzy, then flush away!

It won't hurt your plants either. It just deprives them of what they need to finish growing to their optimum. Kinda like "Hey lets not feed Grandma for the last 4 weeks of her life. It's gonna make her feel better!" Hahahahaahahaha :D

:yeahthat:

I think the only time a flush is necessary is when you are experiencing nutrient lock out. That's the time when you need to clean your roots and flush them out with plain ph adjusted water or a flushing solution.

Just my 2 cents :D

StoneyBud said:
Or, you could just skip the flushing and tell everyone you flushed the plants. I can promise you they won't know any difference.

Because there is none. Just a big ole myth that keeps getting propagated by true believers without real proof.

It won't hurt your plants either. It just deprives them of what they need to finish growing to their optimum. Kinda like "Hey lets not feed Grandma for the last 4 weeks of her life. It's gonna make her feel better!" Hahahahaahahaha :D
yea i hurd that somewhere befor and it makes sence, i prob just gonna smoke it my self, n yeai wanna di it to traist better.....hopefully lol thanks guys, n gals :) :) :)

StoneyBud said:

2 words..... absolutely hilarious.:hubba:

he made a good analogy out of it tho IMO. lol now even the dimwittedest of dimwits can/should be able to understand it lol
and me i could not tell you if it myth or truth but in a way both seem true to a point. meanin the flush prior to harvest for better taste, but ya prolly lose a lil yield or somethin by starvin it, who knows.
but i can honestly say i have smoked homegrown before and the dude who grew an smoke wit me said he forgot to flush it before harvest. i was bitchin bout how the darn joint would always go out between hits. he said it cuz too many nutes left in plant.
idk if true or not but it does seem like it does make sense to me.

zipflip said:
i was bitchin bout how the darn joint would always go out between hits. he said it cuz too many nutes left in plant.
idk if true or not but it does seem like it does make sense to me.
Hey, me too man. Everyone knows nutes are fireproof! Damn fireproof nutes get all bunched up in one spot in a J and the fire runs for the hills!

hehe, just kiddin man. No stress. The problem is that the only proof of flushing benefits is in stories told by individuals who wouldn't know a double blind test if it bit them in the butt.

It's kind of like the various fanatics in the religous world; they tell you you have to believe that THEY are telling you the truth. If someone tells you something with no evidence, no proof of it's correctness, and tells you that it is true because as a believer, THEY believe it's true, then you should believe that what they tell you is true.

In the scientific world, to avoid that type of problem, a testing procedure that proves beyond any doubt what-so-ever, is known as double blind testing. It's done with different people with different variations of order that eliminate any possibility of human predudice or favor.

As far as I know, double blind testing has never been performed in regards to flushing of marijuana prior to harvest.

It's not that I absolutely do not believe that it may help, it's the fact that I've studied botany and growing marijuana for most of my life (more than 45 years of growing), and nothing I've experienced shows that flushing is anything but a popular myth of the green crowd.

Until I read the results of a single blind testing of that process, I'll continue to believe that it's nothing but a myth to cover the unknown, much like the fanatics I mentioned above broadcast to propagate their own beliefs. It's a story without evidence. A claim without trial. A belief without proof of any kind. A popular fiction. A myth. A bedtime story that makes people sleep better.

That's cool with me.

I'll wait for someone to prove it without the smoke and mirrors.

so let me see if i gettin this strait then stoney..
ya seem to me to have acknowledged the nutes lodging up a joint. but wat u are tellin us then is that flushing does not eliminate that then, right.
i am in no way arguein your education etc, but iam thinkin "where do the nutes go when the plant uptakes them?
i'm guessin it burns them and inlamens terms it burns them off an they gone...no?
and if that be the case then i myself would assume that by not feeding for length of time that the plant would burn wat nutrients it has and not administering any more thus seems to me that it would eliminate it.
but hey i am definately all ears as to why you personally dont feel this is a fact an that its just a myth or watever. i mean im curious bout this and am totally hearin from someone who has the educated mind of the whole concept so speak. :)
thanks

zipflip said:
so let me see if i gettin this strait then stoney..
ya seem to me to have acknowledged the nutes lodging up a joint. but wat u are tellin us then is that flushing does not eliminate that then, right.
i am in no way arguein your education etc, but iam thinkin "where do the nutes go when the plant uptakes them?
It's difficult sometimes to tell when someone is pulling your leg in a text post on the net.

No, I wasn't serious about nutes being in a joint. Not at all.

No more than warning you that if farmers don't flush their crops, you'll be eating cow crap inside your next corn flakes because it flowed up through the corn plant into the ears of corn.

It simply doesn't work that way.

There is WAY too much information to share on this topic than to post it in a marijuana growing site.

The fastest and best way I can explain it to you would be to tell you to go to your local library and sign out a book on BEGINNERS Botany. Look for nutrient uptake or the equivalant topics in that book and start reading.

Within a few hours of reading, you'll start getting an idea of why I think the entire concept of flushing marijuana is silly.

Peace!

If your buds are not N deficient or have high levels of P, the yes, there will be issues with the taste/burn.

I have tried both ways, yes, flushing DOES make a difference. Only slightly....and if you are feeding your plants PROPERLY...then there may be no need anyways.

N = Veg

P & K = Boost @ week 5.

That's it.

But...

If you continue to OVERFEED you plants (most common problem I have seen) Past that specific time...then yes, flush.

Also...

If you use CHEAP NUTES or FOXFARM, they contain high levels of SALT, just like Miracle Grow. Flush.

I'm sorry stoney, but new evidence is new evidence. Flushing makes a difference and it is certainly grower specific.

I flush because I use many different stimulants towards the end +/- last two weeks to 21 days...depending on the strain.

I can tell you from many PERSONAL grows that Cinderella 99, which already tastes like nothing, if left un-flushed and overfed, like most, there is a staggering difference between that and previous harvest where flushing tech was used.

I used to think that it did not matter until recently. Then I found out fomr myself, which is really the best way.

that "personal experience" thing is stoney's point. you knew they were flushed. placebo effect wasn't controlled. next time, flush some and don't flush others, then give them to someone and lie about which was which. granted, idk from experience, but i think stoney's argument is pretty strong.

thanks stoney. i dont know botu the library but im sure if i got wit the term beginner's botany and go wit it in google serch i should find some informative reading as well. i just jotted it down on paper so i remember when them nite no action on mp really an i get bored lol.
but definately curious of lookin into this myself an get some infor so that i myself can look at the science of it and see wat i think. and even then i could also do the same thing as well. flush some and not flush some an give to friend an lie to him bout the flushin or not . an see then... but who knows. to me i reall dont think it matters a whole hek a lot really wether ya do or dont flush . just goin by wat some say and wat i have found so far only. tho not enought to argue my opinion but still i'd just like ta get an understandin lieku have stoney, of the whole deal.
thanks

Latest posts

Back