Flushing Helpp!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pcduck said:
Please send all samples to me, I will treat all samples the same and let ya know the results.
Hahahahahahaahahaha, yer killin me! :p You weed *****! hehe :D

cuy103 said:
Is the question of flushing regarding the taste and burn?

Are we debating whether or not flushing increases the effect it has on taste? Or if it has any effect at all?

I definitely understand Effen Gee's point about having too much NPK when
you overfeed or do not follow the feeding regiment correctly which might effect the burn. I believe there's a solid scientific way of testing burn effects.

What about taste? Can the way the bud burns inherently effect the taste?
If the bud smokes smooth, will it always taste better? If the bud smokes harsh, it always tastes worse? Will you still get that lemon flavor you wanted?

If the burn can inherently effect the taste, and if flushing effects the burn, then I would think that flushing effect the taste as well.

P.S. All of this is just my opinion. I'm kind of high right now and I'm feeling philosophical, which is why I'm asking so many questions. :D

PEACE

Exactly the type of questions that proper testing resolves. A machine is used by the cigarette companies to test the draw on the ciggys. Humans pull hard, soft, long, short, different each time. The machine doesn't. It does it over and over EXACTLY the same.

Have the machine pull the smoke and a human taste it. That way, burn and taste can be compared accurately.

Ciggy companies are set up to do the exact testing that we've been discussing. Makes me wonder if they've already done it with weed.

No stress.

...but, if you post your address I would be happy to send you a "Free" sample!

My point is specifically about the burn. The N and P can effect the taste, only slightly. Imporper curing or early harvest will efeect it more than anything else.

My concern is the burn and the overall tone of the smoke. Harsh, smooth, watery, chunky, full bodied, or light.

These are factors that I belive can effect taste on less flavorful strains.

...but with something like GDP (Grand Daddy Purple) or some strong Kush or Afghan Variety ( like Chemdog or SourD) it is less likely to be...picked up on.

My point is when Cindy 99 was used and improperly fed, and flushed (lack thereof) it burned poorly, cracked and had a significantly harder or harsher smoke than the cindy that was grown "properly".

I use kelp untill week 9 0r 10 and my pot does not taste like the ocean.

I cannot however speak for inorganic nutes and ferts. I do not use them.

Wouldnt not feeding for a couple weeks cut down on THC and Bud production? Just curious.It just seems to me that taking away from the feeding when the Buds are swelling the most in the last couple weeks,, makes no since. BUT,,,,I am not a Pro, and I dont have the experince that some of you do,so I dont know. But I would like to know what ya think.

Good question. P is a precursor for THC, so in theory yes.

But...

Peak harvest is peak harvest. That usually occurs weeks before the plant is NATURALLY ripe. Prime harvest is an early harvest based on the lifespan of the plant.

dang da thread like blew up over night, i aint gonna read everything, but i am gonna flush it, dont care if it does or doesnt do anything. ima use 6.5 ph water and give it 5 - 6 g over a 2-3 hour period...... H.O SHOULD THIS BE DONE WHILE THE LIGHTS ARE ON OR OFF?

newgreenthumb said:
be careful in flushing so as not to drown the root mass
how would i avoid that? cuz i am dumpin 6 gal of water. are u just sayin do it slowly n let it drain then do some more?

???? lights on or off? n imma do it NOW!! flush!2 weeks 4 days left..

smokeup420 said:
dang da thread like blew up over night, i aint gonna read everything, but i am gonna flush it, dont care if it does or doesnt do anything. ima use 6.5 ph water and give it 5 - 6 g over a 2-3 hour period...... H.O SHOULD THIS BE DONE WHILE THE LIGHTS ARE ON OR OFF?

Okay, let me get this right....you start a thread, you have dozens of people who take the time and energy to answer, but you are not going to even take the time to read the answers to the question you asked??????????????????????????????????????? Shame on you!

The answer to your subsequent questions could very well be in the posts that you are not going to take the time to read.

lol no, but i do hate it. i did end up reading everything half the stuff i didnt really understand but w.e... still didnt see nuthin about lights on or off. but w.e its done with now, she seems to be doing fine. so yea thanks everone!!! new pix up

Well, okay, since you did read everything...Flushing is one of those projects that cannot be done in the grow room, so it is a lights on thing. You are going to have to take your plant to the tub or shower or outside. You are going to dump that 6 gals of water in several minutes, not several hours.

definitely
i use a big sink ive got downstairs
i just put a milk crate upside down
in the sink and put the plant on it, keep
feeding it the water while letting it drain
through the holes down the drain :)

kinda a pain in the bunyons flushing 6 plants
once a week or week and a half..
i do that after i start feeding either veg or flower nutes
3-4 feeds, flush, 3-4 feeds flush

thanks guys n gals, but i didnt do it in several min, i did it in a hour n a half.
now would it hurt if i did it one more time the last week, still seems shegettin some nute burn

Latest posts

Back