Flushing ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDRunner

Reaction score
Hi All,

Currently finishing up my second WW grow. Traveling next 2 days, and will post pics when I get back. Just entered flowering week 8. Last grow was harvested this week, however, with the new lighting system and nutes for this grow it appears that I still have 1 - 2 weeks left. Trichs are 65% cloudy with about 15% amber. Soil grow, Advanced Nutrients (Sensi bloom and big bud powder). I have been flushing with just water for the last 12 days. I know that a good amount of weight is added to the buds during this period.

Question is - with several weeks remaining until harvest, should I continue to give just water, or do I need to add another shot of Nutes?

As always, thanks for the imput and comments.

ohh i m not sure ,,,, i would imo just stay with the water ,,,,,but hopefully someone else will chime in with there thoughts :hubba:

I would water another week, then harvest, but its your call, im no pro, but i will be harvesting when the trichs are about 50/50

this is a subject that swings both ways. i do flush & for 2 wks b4 harvest. flush w/ ro water & 1tbl/gal molasses. molasses is used to feed micro organisms in coco to break down organics so i believe this would be a benefit to help strip soil, therefore helping plant to consume all food that is stored in it. i use molasses from day one of veg. dont think this would benefit just for flush, but im sure it wont hurt. this is why leaves will start to change colors as if lacking nitrogen. im sure somebody will dispute the nedd to flush shortly.

The need to flush is debatable, but if you're going to do it, don't do it to the point of depriving your plants of nutrients, especially P and K, necessary for finishing up your flowers. A few grows ago I decided to flush prior to harvest, but I did it for way too long, and as a result the bud wasn't potent at all, practically worthless.

Alistair Young said:
The need to flush is debatable, but if you're going to do it, don't do it to the point of depriving your plants of nutrients, especially P and K, necessary for finishing up your flowers. A few grows ago I decided to flush prior to harvest, but I did it for way too long, and as a result the bud wasn't potent at all, practically worthless.
..and you are 'convinced' that flushing was the blame???...

In a soil gorw is there a difference between flushing and just watering for the last several weeks prior to harvest?

In addition, concerning the ripening of these WW's, I harvested the last grow when pistals all changed color along w/ trichs. that were about 60/40 cloudy - amber. This grow majority of pistals still have not changed but the amber trichs are multiplying daily. is it unusual for the pistals to not change?

Finally, back to the premise of my original question - if these plants are going to ripen another several weeks, with only watering for the last 2 weeks, do you think they may need another shot of nutes to finish strong?

Thanks alot UK Girl, Bonez, Doc, Alister, Hick and Andy. All of your kind assistance has enabled many of us "amatures" to be really successful and grow high quality bud.

LDRunner said:
In a soil gorw is there a difference between flushing and just watering for the last several weeks prior to harvest?

In addition, concerning the ripening of these WW's, I harvested the last grow when pistals all changed color along w/ trichs. that were about 60/40 cloudy - amber. This grow majority of pistals still have not changed but the amber trichs are multiplying daily. is it unusual for the pistals to not change?

Finally, back to the premise of my original question - if these plants are going to ripen another several weeks, with only watering for the last 2 weeks, do you think they may need another shot of nutes to finish strong?

Thanks alot UK Girl, Bonez, Doc, Alister, Hick and Andy. All of your kind assistance has enabled many of us "amatures" to be really successful and grow high quality bud.

From what ive researched, flush would entail using five times as much water as the gallon size of the pot, for example: im flowering in 5gallon pots, so i would flush with 25 gallons at one time. I should stress that this would not be considered overwatering. Overwatering would be watering too many times in one day, or watering every day. Flushing would go along a regular watering schedule. i water twice a week, so if i was to flush, instead of a regular 1 gallon watering, i would run 25 gallons of fresh non-nuted water through the soil. However, here is my take on flushing.

I will most likely not be flushing, as im growing in soil. When i water, i use enough water (1 gallon) that i get plenty of runoff and the soil is saturated.
Im essentially doing a mini-flush each time i feed or water, reducing the salt build up i may have. Once im close to harvest, i will just water along my normal schedule with plain, ph'd water. hope this helps. BTW its recommended to flush soil once a month, unless you're like me and water generously each time you water. Good luck with your grow.

i would just feed water for the last 3 weeks works fine..nutes need a month too disperse from the plant that is why i just give water for last 3 week + 1 week drying = nutes gone

works brilliant for me ,very tasty bud

Hick, yes I am convinced that not giving any nutrients for at least one month prior to harvest was the cause. I had never done it to that extent before and had never had that problem. I had 6 or 7 plants of different strains (bag seed), and they were all bad. I can't prove it, but I know it. I did what I did because I had miscalculated how long it would be until they were ripe and ready for harvest.

Latest posts

Back