To flush or not to flush? That is the question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you do?

• Flush and chop in a few days

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Don't flush/chop now

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Don't flush/chop in a few days

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
I only trim off the big stuff before I hang them and then trim tight before going into jars for curing.

Oh fk, here we go again. After 48 hrs of total darkness I cut down and remove all fan leaves and the larger sugar leaves. Then hang in total dark at about 60f and rh starting at 60% slowly dropping to 50% after about week until the small stems snap when bent. Then I do a dry trim with sharp scissors. If you do this right most sugar leaves break off when you simply touch them with your scissors.

Thank you guys! These plants will be going in a cannatrol so I'm not worried about drying and curing. Just worried about when to chop, what to do before chop(darkness? Drought stress to increase THC and terps?) Im going to do some googling to see what's best for the cannatrol as far as trim....

Sooo I have so many more questions....what happens if I just let them keep going? I'm assuming triches will start to degrade after they get too dark? What if I let them all get amber? That's that real couch lock high? Do people let their sativa's go a little longer so it's not as heady? Also really curious about the drought stress...did a lot of reading on it this morning and research shows it def increases metabolites.

I always hand trim but i don't grow a lot of plants at one time. Fk i haven't grown anything since last year. My Wife doesn't want me growing outside and i haven't had time to build my grow room yet.

I have a perpetual grow going for that reason. Have it timed so plants finish every two weeks. That way I don't get backed up on trimming. Trimming isn't bad if you have it timed do you only have to do a plant or two at a time.

I have two plants hanging currently. Harvested one on Monday and one yesterday. So, if things go according to schedule I will be on scissor duty next Monday and Wednesday. Controlled chaos.

Meet Nancy and Kim, They started a weed trimming business and their price varies on how close you want the buds trimmed, and choice of their outfits.
They will even trim in the nude for security purposes.
Smart Gals
1682603054448.png

Here was a side by side study done in a LAB.

https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/ready-for-flush.80068/post-1141273

CONCLUSION
In a first of its kind study, Rx Green Technologies evaluated the effects of flushing
period on yield, potency, terpenes, mineral content, and taste characteristics of Cannabis flower. Overall, the length of the flushing period did not impact yield, potency, terpenes, or taste characteristics of Cannabis flower. Taste test results indicated a trend toward improved flavor and smoke quality with the zero-day flush. While there were no significant differences in nutrient content, there was a trend toward increased iron and zinc in flower flushed for 14 days. The results of this trial indicate that there is no benefit to flushing Cannabis flower for improved taste or consumer experience.

Here was a side by side study done in a LAB.

https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/ready-for-flush.80068/post-1141273

CONCLUSION
In a first of its kind study, Rx Green Technologies evaluated the effects of flushing
period on yield, potency, terpenes, mineral content, and taste characteristics of Cannabis flower. Overall, the length of the flushing period did not impact yield, potency, terpenes, or taste characteristics of Cannabis flower. Taste test results indicated a trend toward improved flavor and smoke quality with the zero-day flush. While there were no significant differences in nutrient content, there was a trend toward increased iron and zinc in flower flushed for 14 days. The results of this trial indicate that there is no benefit to flushing Cannabis flower for improved taste or consumer experience.
This will be a point of contention until heII freezes over. Bottom line.... It is still a semi free country and if you are satisfied with the results good for you.

I will say this.....if you are in a state where marijuana is legal and there are more dispensaries than McDonalds and Starbucks combined along with a huge black market presence you might want to sharpen your skills.

This will be a point of contention until heII freezes over. Bottom line.... It is still a semi free country and if you are satisfied with the results good for you.
Got ya again. And if hell freezes over you cant flush,,wont be any melted water. 😂 😂 😂

Latest posts

Back