To flush or not to flush? That is the question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you do?

• Flush and chop in a few days

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Don't flush/chop now

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Don't flush/chop in a few days

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

EbbnFlowr

Reaction score
So I'm coming to the end of my first grow, and my floraflex chart says to flush 2-7 days prior to harvest. Well I think I'm in that window now on a couple of the plants I've been working on over the last 61 days based on the below pics.... But I've watched a few YouTube's where bugbee says they don't flush...he also says they don't flush bc they don't over feed them, so they don't see any need to bc it doesn't help the plant at all....so he says don't flush. He's a NASA consultant. Idk....what say you?

Also would you chop this now?

It's a heavily sativa dominant strain (queens banner), so is it good to let sativa's sit a little bit longer so it's not crack?
2023_04_26_10_31_57_549.png
2023_04_26_10_29_14_571.png
2023_04_26_10_29_25_432.png
2023_04_26_10_29_22_084.png
2023_04_26_10_28_16_651.png
2023_04_26_10_31_57_549.png
20230426_103705.jpg
20230426_103715.jpg

- Blaze on🔥

I trust Dr bugbee. He's studied almost every aspect of growing cannabis indoors and outdoors. Just give them boosters and maybe silica the last week. At about 1:03 he talks about how trichomes are made of silica. Never knew that

I flush. 10 days before estimated harvest. But I do lots of things most on here don't think is necessary. If I grew outdoor or organic indoor I wouldn't flush. But, my main line of nutes is chemical and not organic. Doesn't matter who is right or wrong it is what you are comfortable with when you smoke the fruits of your labor.

If a plant is outside they get periods of rain where it naturally flushes some of the soil. You can't hurt your plant by flushing it. Some nutrients have salt in them and flushing can help cut back on that. So, it is everybody's choice to flush or not. I try to because it seems natural.

I flush. 10 days before estimated harvest. But I do lots of things most on here don't think is necessary. If I grew outdoor or organic indoor I wouldn't flush. But, my main line of nutes is chemical and not organic. Doesn't matter who is right or wrong it is what you are comfortable with when you smoke the fruits of your labor.
Hard Headed on bastard. You need a spanking. Let me call Roster😂😂😂
By the way you're not hurting anything by Flushing brother.

Last edited:
If a plant is outside they get periods of rain where it naturally flushes some of the soil. You can't hurt your plant by flushing it. Some nutrients have salt in them and flushing can help cut back on that. So, it is everybody's choice to flush or not. I try to because it seems natural.
Yeah if your feeding them to much it could help give them extra water. It takes several days for them to use the nutrients that the plant has stored.

Last edited:
I trust Dr bugbee. He's studied almost every aspect of growing cannabis indoors and outdoors. Just give them boosters and maybe silica the last week. At about 1:03 he talks about how trichomes are made of silica. Never knew that

Awesome find Lesso. Real knowledge from a Scientist that has studied all these things In a real Lab for years.

Yeah he's pretty much the god father of this shit right now. I was hoping you guys would say dont flush!

Last edited:
Yeah he's pretty much the god father of this shit right now. I was hoping you guys would say dont flush!
Waste of time. And that's a scientific fact. But that's like telling someone that carries a rabbit's foot that it won't bring them luck. They will still carry the rabbit's foot. The poor rabbit isn't so lucky though is he?😁

The guy does say that he likes Peat Moss Pute. Says its a great soilless medium.

Latest posts

Back