? for Lowryder Grow Experts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The New Girl

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I find myself as a newbie once again... I've been growing for a while, my family even longer, much longer, but I do feel sorta well versed, on some stuff. I started on hydro-still there because of dad's expertise. But I want to venture into a new arena, hence the Lowryder or L2, etc. I want simplicity, I've done drip, ebb and flow, aero, etc. I'm going to an easy method, no not DWC, but a simple pvc pipe system in a tray, just drilled with small holes to feed the net pots above that sit in a drilled cover. This way I don't have to worry about clogging as much with sprayers, etc. Now that you have the idea, if I were to have a 3 by 3 foot tray for a 600 HPS light- How many lowryders can I fit (flower)? I'm thinking of trying different strains so an average would be good. Is 36 female plants (6 by 6) OK or too much for flower? I'm thinking that if I run a cloner/seed starter tub for 2 weeks, then 3 weeks under flos in one 3 by 3 system (maybe tighter-8 by 8 - 64 plants so I can sex) and switch to the 600 HPS for flower for 5-7 weeks in another 3 by 3 system I could get a decent perpetual grow. Anybody doing this now that could give me some pointers? Are you guys happy with your Lowryder smoke - potentcy, taste, etc? Thanks in advance...at the risk of sounding rude I would like to hear from those doing it, not guessing. Thanks so much... :p

Hello The New Girl :)

The Auto AK47 is very potent.

Lowryder#2 is average potency.

An Auto will grow to a max of 20 inches and on average 12 inches wide at maturity, so work the math out ;)

20/4 lighting from seed.

Sex shows at 10-18 days.

Start feeding at week 3 at half strength flower feed.

Many different Auto's to choose from.

Be prepared for a lot of smell with a lot of Auto's.

I only grow them in soil, so others will have to help with your Hydro questions :)

:peace:

Thanks HIE,
Anybody else on 1st post? anyone grown outside with them? I have heard they get more light by doing 20/4 inside, could anyone shed some light on this (excuse the pun)? :p

I grow outside only.

I just threw the lighting thing in just incase your doing them inside.

The specs above are my experience of outside Auto growing.

I guess I shoulda said that up there ^^^ :doh: ;)

:peace:

Hi The New Girl,

I've grown Lr's many times and for 3 x 3 feet I'd do either 25 in that space or try 36 but be prepared to prune lower branches as things might get a bit tight.

It's difficult to accurately gauge as there are usually 'micro-pheno's' within the plant population which are approx 10 gram lollipops with little branching so when I grow Lr I plant larger numbers and see how the grow fills out and culling or pruning accordingly to make room if needs be.

It's an honest smoke,quite fruity smelling,not that strong,not bad for what it is although I'd rather grow a tray of regular non auto clones and get 5 times the yield of much better pot in the same time.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back