force flowering outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bshack79

Reaction score
Hi guys.. I was wondering how anybody has forced their plants into flowering early outdoors? A buddy of mine brings his in the house in a dark room for over 12 but I cant do that. I would think drape something over them.. but what any ideas would be great....

Can you cover the plant with plastic in the early evening this should accomodate you ! Although you may need to do this for up to 3 weeks depending on a few characteristics ! oohh and welcome ! peace and take care ! Or you can also move it into a darker shade area as this may work as well i.e early morning and afternoon in nice sun but early like 4pm dark shade should help if you have it in bright sun currently ! Good luck !

Its funny you asked this, I was getting on here to post the same question. I remember reading that you can use a toliet paper roll to cover a branch but I'm not sure how good this works. I was think a trash bag aswell but I'm curious to see what some of the more experienced grower have used..

If you try the trash bag, don't walk away right after putting it on. If the sun is shining on the bag, the branch inside may get cooked. Feel the outside of the bag with the back of your hand. Too hot for you= too hot for her.

gorilla that toilet paper roll thing sounds like a kick *** idea if it works.. I never thought of doing that... sounds like it could work....I might try it on a small cola

so one of those BIG BLACK lawn trash bags would ge a good idea too??? what do you do .. just throw it on top of here in the afternoon and remove in mid morning???????

depends on the size....:rofl: yes Ladies I agree..

I am experimenting with a clone....12 inches in ground for a week..Now at 7 pm i place a green:D garbage can over her...and remove 7 am..Hope this helps:bolt::bong:

place stakes that are taller then you ladie.wood..bamboo..rebar,,.1/2 inch by 1/2 inch and make a Cage:giggle: 4 sides
drive Those in grond..and place bag over..I tried this method last summer ..i didnt do so well..but I hope that helps

i used the cardboard box from a water heater. :)
and it was white, reflected the heat, didnt get too warm in there.
if you felt it was too warm, a vent system wouldnt be too tough to figure out.
same idea as the trash can, make sure she can breathe.
good luck :)

bshack79 said:
gorilla that toilet paper roll thing sounds like a kick *** idea if it works.. I never thought of doing that... sounds like it could work....I might try it on a small cola

Yea give it a try lmk how it turns out. Sould work from what I've read.:confused:

4u2sm0ke said:
place stakes that are taller then you ladie.wood..bamboo..rebar,,.1/2 inch by 1/2 inch and make a Cage:giggle: 4 sides
drive Those in grond..and place bag over..I tried this method last summer ..i didnt do so well..but I hope that helps

Where you able to tell the sex at least this way??

i would just drag it to a tree, and every morning pull it out and at night pull it under. what i used to do but i had to trim the branches when the plant got just over 6 foot, ahh Rodey i will always remember her.. mind you 30ltr pail, plus i lived on a farm. Saweet

#5died said:
i would just drag it to a tree, and every morning pull it out and at night pull it under. what i used to do but i had to trim the branches when the plant got just over 6 foot, ahh Rodey i will always remember her.. mind you 30ltr pail, plus i lived on a farm. Saweet

How does dragging plant under tree force flower?

and how do ya drag a 10 foot plant in the ground?

:stoned:

GoRiLLa_NooB said:
Where you able to tell the sex at least this way??

Yes inm about a week after doing you will see sex..I use clones so sex is known But if ya wantta know sex..take a cliping from her place in a glass of water..place on counter and cover with a box for 12 hours and off for 12..change water every other day..you will know sex of plant in 10 days..this is way easier for sexing IMO:ciao: Hope this helps

Daddyo's idea is spot on. Trash bags don't breathe. You will suffocate and kill the poor baby. And, you really don't want the plant to get too hot.

So, other than bad news, I really have no good. Sorry. Force flowering outside is not an easy task... Try boosting it with more phosphorous. That may kick it into flowering a little bit sooner. That's what have done anyways. ;)

4u2sm0ke said:
Yes inm about a week after doing you will see sex..I use clones so sex is known But if ya wantta know sex..take a cliping from her place in a glass of water..place on counter and cover with a box for 12 hours and off for 12..change water every other day..you will know sex of plant in 10 days..this is way easier for sexing IMO:ciao: Hope this helps

So when you say put the clipping in water, that just consist of dropping the whole clipping in a glass of water and putting it into 12/12? Also after telling the sex can you still use the clipping as a clone cause I plan on cloning this plant if it is indeed a female.. Thanks for the suggestion as this sounds like it would be the best way for me to tell the sex..

There's not much science here, you just need to totally block the sunlight, early morning, or late afternoon so that you get 12+ hours of dark. You can trigger this photo response in a matter of days, 3-7 depending upon the strain. But the real question is the mechanics, the best way to do this. So, let me suggest...

If you are growing outdoors, I might assume that you have more than a few plants. Personally, I have not done this, but i suggest the easiest way is to simply prepare your garden area with a hoophouse structure in place. these things are pretty cheap, you can find some here: farmtek.com. Then, when it is time to do the photoperiod thing, you can purchase sunblock cloth, from the same source. just pull it over the hoophouse frame at the right time, then pull it back when you want the light back in.

Let me know if you need more info on doing this.

VF

bshack79 said:
Hi guys.. I was wondering how anybody has forced their plants into flowering early outdoors? A buddy of mine brings his in the house in a dark room for over 12 but I cant do that. I would think drape something over them.. but what any ideas would be great....

GoRiLLa_NooB said:
So when you say put the clipping in water, that just consist of dropping the whole clipping in a glass of water and putting it into 12/12? Also after telling the sex can you still use the clipping as a clone cause I plan on cloning this plant if it is indeed a female.. Thanks for the suggestion as this sounds like it would be the best way for me to tell the sex..

yes take a clipping with atleast two node about 6 inches long..place in a glass of water...you will know sex in 10 days or less..then place same clipping in 18/6 and leave for roots to grow..maybe 30 days in some cases..and then after roots place in your medium..Hope this helps..take care and be safe

Latest posts

Back