FORE!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Paige is something else

indeed………her and Lexi Thompson just to name a few

i would like to see more mixed play between the PGA and LPGA

DF03F531-0704-41DA-A04A-4952FBC8148A.jpeg

194FD4ED-025B-4C1C-B9DC-03BC5591A42D.jpeg

yeah Man I hear ya , I only carry my Cobra driver , a 5 wood , 8 , 9 irons , two wedges and my putter

putter was given to me by the widow of the Superintendent of the Robert J. LaFortune course in Tulsa…..she was also the aunt of my wife at the time and knew how much I loved golf so she gave it to me

never looked for another , this one is very forgiving for this old man

yeah , I can still do 18 as long as it’s not like Pebble Beach or similar

we have a couple of pretty good 9 hole courses but they are each 60 miles away in opposite directions so it’s difficult for me to get some quality golf into my life

View attachment 290030

View attachment 290031
I used to play at a public course in Rochester NY. Me and my buddy would sneak on the course at the second hole in between 4-somes. I was in college and had no money. However, one day an old guy(probably the same age as I am now but when you are a kid, everyone over 30 looks old). He carried an adjustable angle club (he could adjust and lock with the dime he used to mark his ball on the green), a putter and one ball(no tee). I could hit the ball far(300 yds sometimes) but was wild. He commented everytime I drove that I sure could smash the ball. He beat the pants off my buddy and I. He parred every hole. Hit the ball 150 yds until he got into wedge range then dropped the wedge shot within 4 ft without fail. He would complain when he wasn’t dead center of the fairway. Nice gentleman. Nice memory. I can’t play anymore but it is truly a good sport and most people playing are just good people. Hit ‘‘em long and straight for me, big…

I just heard that since Tiger has all these injuries and doesn't think he can compete with the men he now identifies as a female and is joining the LPGA.....

@Big......looks like your wish is coming true.... Men competing against women.

men vs women , yeah bring it on

but there has to be rules for it to work

for example , the course length….no long ball corses

some Par 5’s for sure , but not over 550 yds

the Masters course at Augusta has been lengthened several times now

when the old course was shorter , it took a lot more skill other than brute power to compete there

give me a short course with narrow fairways , sand traps and water , and undulated greens and that is a recipe for good competitive golf , regardless of sexual orientation

when the old course was shorter , it took a lot more skill other than brute power to compete there

give me a short course with narrow fairways , sand traps and water , and undulated greens and that is a recipe for good competitive golf , regardless of sexual orientation
“Ladies tees” will need to be ‘re-imagined’ I imagine…

Yes, and no trousers allowed for the ladies - just so that we know who's who

Yes, and no trousers allowed for the ladies - just so that we know who's who
lol. trousers… not sure if you are kidding or just old like me. kids these days may have to google the term. either way, i got a good chuckle out of it. @bigsur51 has some pics of ‘lady golfers’ that are nothing like they looked back in the day. crocodile dundee would have had a field day ‘just checking’ in the 1970’s lpga…

The Masters are building up to what may be an unforgettable tournament .

So many possibilities for the Winner.

I hope Tiger wins again cause it would be great for the game of golf.

(Meanwhile the Kansas Jayhawks are National Champs)

It will be tough for Tiger for sure.
I'm wondering, would he enter if he was not ready in himself and did'nt think he could win it?

Last edited:
It will be tough for Tiger for sure.
I'm wondering, would he enter if he was not ready in himself and did'nt think he could win it?

no

he started warming up at Augusta last Monday…he has been there all week practicing , recovery therapy , more practice , played the Par 3 Contest on Wednesday

yeah , with all that time invested in preparation , Tiger thinks he can win

well today he is contending at -1 with 17 and 18 to play , currently tied for 8th

I would say that his play today has been outstanding

I think Tiger is going to be very happy with his play today

@Pute….yeah , Tiger will do 2-4 hours of physical therapy today and tomorrow morning just to activate his glutes

Latest posts

Back