Fox Farm soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boom! I swore by ocean Forrest until I got burnt. Consistency is the problem. Last batch stunted and nute fried mine. Promix is basically peat moss. I'm sold.

Bubba
I use Peat moss mixed with Kellogg's organic soil and perlite.

I have been using happy frog for years start to finish. It was a good soil but has gone to she -i-t. Use to get lush green plants to harvest, now I get fade in veg. Never had a problem with ph, go in 6.4 to 6.8 and all was good. I decided to check my runoff and found it at 4.0 to 4.1. Just tested a cup straight out of the bag, 7.6 in 5.2 out. I always add lime to my soil but it's doing no good. Not sure what I'm gonna do but I believe my days with happy frog are over.

I’ve been using happy frog the last few grows and have been really happy with it. Maybe you got a bad bag. I’m am knocking on wood but my grows using just the happy soil and perlite too have had not gnat issues. I hate the gnats…

I have been using happy frog for years start to finish. It was a good soil but has gone to she -i-t. Use to get lush green plants to harvest, now I get fade in veg. Never had a problem with ph, go in 6.4 to 6.8 and all was good. I decided to check my runoff and found it at 4.0 to 4.1. Just tested a cup straight out of the bag, 7.6 in 5.2 out. I always add lime to my soil but it's doing no good. Not sure what I'm gonna do but I believe my days with happy frog are over.
Same experience with their Ocean Forest. Perfect grows, then pooop. Promix or Sunshine #4.

Bubba

That go round cost me several of the last of my Goat and Monkey stash. Will not go back. Others warned me, but all was candy and nuts until the bad batch.

I suppose, like some, you could mix it with peat and perlite, but I find it less expensive to just leave the bad stuff out, and use what I have.

Bubba

50/50 Keloogs Organic soil and Peet Moss with added perlite.

R (2).jpg
vigoro-grow-media-100536862-64_1000.jpg
kellogg-garden-organics-garden-soil-6850-64_1000.jpg

That go round cost me several of the last of my Goat and Monkey stash. Will not go back. Others warned me, but all was candy and nuts until the bad batch.

I suppose, like some, you could mix it with peat and perlite, but I find it less expensive to just leave the bad stuff out, and use what I have.

Bubba
Hey Bubba... just blows you lost your last G&M seeds... maybe I can help. Matt (RIP) was a good friend and a sponsor.. I'm lucky enough to have received some of his last stock as they went thru his house finding all his remaining stash.. Like Matt, it should be shared when possible. Hit me up if I can assist.

Right now I'm using Miracle Grow 4cu ft for $9 because, well defunds R low... hahaa. I added a bag of chunky perlite and the plants love it and no infestation of fungus gnats from buying soil at the farm feed store... stored in area eggs get laid inside all their sols..

Whatever works right? Feeding is different though, I'm using my old method of water, water, feed. repeat.

used kellogg and the green bag at that. last few bags i got was mostly wood and what soil there was was to hot. always used it out the bag with perlite and lime. used to get a big bag of peat that had been amended and added more lime, but they sold out and the new owners sell fox farms. trying new things this time and looking at surgery so not sure what will happen with the 6 seedlings i have now.

Kellogg's is hot,,that's why I mix it 50/50 with Peet Moss and add perlite. My veggies love it.

Latest posts

Back