Fox Farm soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking yes. I know Ocean Forest is so I would think Happy Frog is as well. Get some potting soil with nothing in it or a bale of ProMix.

It can be because its loaded with Nutrients.

I use FF strawberry soil. Only had a problem with ocean forest. I’ve used happy frog with no problems to seedlings but don’t put any nutes on them for 2-3 weeks. There are plenty already in the soil

I use happy frog for my entire grow.
From seedlings, all the way through flower. Keep in mind, I start all my seeds in peat pellets, and up pot into small peat pots, once they sprout. So, I am not sprouting the seeds directly in happy frog.

I’ve started seeds in happy frog and strawberry soil with no problems but I have heard folks saying FF ocean forest was hot to start them. I’ve uppotted in ocean forest and quit using it after I heard this but had no problems with my grow. Could be they were putting nutrients to them as well.

No... not the same beast at all.. Ocean Forrest is very hot and I only recommend it raw for established plants.. not saying they won't grow, but they won't thrive.

Happy Frog is a mild soil by comparison, but I don't care for it myself... they have such better products for around the same price.

Try Strawberry Fields, it's a mushroom composts based medium with lots of goodies in it but nothing hot.

another one I love is
BushDoctor soil by Foxfarm.jpg

this stuff is epic and I love the price of 2cu ft for $23. My first time using it but I can tell by the feel of this soil it's going to meet my needs quite well.. Stay tuned as I just started a batch using it.

never used it before but why take the chance , especially on some elite strandivars?

we like ProMix HP with mychrozzia , zero nutes , we add the food as the plant grows , start to finish

but yeah , we germinate in paper towels and put the seedlings in peat grow plugs with Clonex

No... not the same beast at all.. Ocean Forrest is very hot and I only recommend it raw for established plants.. not saying they won't grow, but they won't thrive.

Happy Frog is a mild soil by comparison, but I don't care for it myself... they have such better products for around the same price.

Try Strawberry Fields, it's a mushroom composts based medium with lots of goodies in it but nothing hot.

another one I love is
View attachment 325333

this stuff is epic and I love the price of 2cu ft for $23. My first time using it but I can tell by the feel of this soil it's going to meet my needs quite well.. Stay tuned as I just started a batch using it.
I have made something similar using Coots soil mix (I Made from scratch) and mixing in Coir and perlite, worked very well. I did have to start feeding it earlier than nuted soils ie: foxfarm brands.

never used it before but why take the chance , especially on some elite strandivars?

we like ProMix HP with mychrozzia , zero nutes , we add the food as the plant grows , start to finish

but yeah , we germinate in paper towels and put the seedlings in peat grow plugs with Clonex
Boom! I swore by ocean Forrest until I got burnt. Consistency is the problem. Last batch stunted and nute fried mine. Promix is basically peat moss. I'm sold.

Bubba

another one I love is
View attachment 325333

geometry dash subzero
Me too. I really like coir and pearls. Delicious!

Latest posts

Back