Fridge for drying?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like mutt's idea, make a stealth grow box out of it. Thats a good size, 2x2x4.

you could use the freezer compartment to remote the ballast.

i can just see mutt, routing thru the garbage dump fer old fridges, muttering to himself, im saving the environment..............

won't the room you had your plants growing in be empty? or you got ladies ready to go right into flower? :confused:

can you use your flower room to dry for a week?

Astra...your fridge is laying on its side and i can't get these beers to stay put :p

L/L the island eh? do you know about viseeds? and the courtney/comox bust? i was a mod fer viseeds before dan van pot got busted. and i hate bcbd's/matthews guts

your fridge is laying on its side
...are you sure lady?..I thought so too, till someone stepped on my fingers..:eek:

astra007 said:
talk to mutt; he's the authority on all matters fridge.
Astra007 said:
i can just see mutt, routing thru the garbage dump fer old fridges, muttering to himself, im saving the environment..............
smart-ass :p

if we cant laugh at ourselves; then who do we dare laugh at? take care mutt and have a great weekend, no wait - bc long weekend not usa eh?

you can always pass the fridge crown off to stinky, oops i mean skunk. sorry

guys you can't set a fridge on its side if you expect to use it again. some how it looses the freon or its gases

I think it doesn't work... was gonna use it for a stealth grow box.

old fridge = not working. probably has no gas left to loose. still a good idea, eh mutt?

Your gonna punch holes in it for fans and duct work anyway. I've seen several Fridge grows online. Pretty neat actually.
Top section (freezer) for clones and veg. Bottom (fridge) for Flower.
Gonna need some tools though.

As far as the gasses thats in the spiral grill on the back of the fridge. its part of the condensor unit. You'll gut the pumps and all that crap. The "walls" of the fridge is just filled insulation (Old Days saw dust). May want to wear a dust mask when you first start cuttin into it. No tellin how old it is and what powder or chem they used. You'll need flow thru vent. like any other cab. but if you do it right. You could park that thing in your garage and everyone thinks its just an old fridge for the garage. ;) throw a lock on it.

Good Lord. This whole process looks unecessarily complicated.

IMHO if you have room for a fridge you have room to dry bud. I use a small closet in a pinch and just make sure I have small clip on fan in there. The main thing is that the humidity stays constant and you have about 5 days or so to dry out the bud.

Fridge is a POS as others have said because you are locking in the humidity. No good dude. You need to dry the bud. The alternatives like lying it on its side are silly, esp if you are trying to stay low radar.

who said low radar? yer reading too much into this little quip thread of ours. just talkin about uses fer old fridges. next we are to explore stoves. and dryers.

Objektiv said:
And TBG Why would you not use the fridge? What would be the downside?

p>A cold, stagnant atmosphere - exactly the opposite of the conditions you need for drying successfully.

actually, i thought it would be a good place to put noisy neighbours for a "mind yer own business or" place to rethink things out in.

Latest posts

Back