Friend wants help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonJones

Reaction score
My friend has me growing his plant for him until he can get a grow area set up again. He needs help figuring out his plant.

It has been grown in Black Gold original formula all of its life since it was transplanted from the clone cup. I has been feed Future Harvest Development liquid nutes at their hydro formula. It has also had Gravity applied twice.

It is 2 days from starting week 8 of flowering.

The problem is the buds look loose and we can see no trichs on any of the leaves and barely any on the hairs.

He was told the clone was a White Widow. The seed banks all list WW as 55 to 60 days in flower. He is puzzled why our Diesel growing right next to it is covered with trichs but his WW has basically none. Everything except the variety has been as close as possible to being done identically.

I'm wondering if it is even WW or some longer flowering strain.

Attached are 2 pictures of the top part of the plant. It is not as yellow as it looks. I notice it drinks a heck of a lot more water than our Diesel. I think it needs a shot of N though because it is real pale beside our Diesel.

Does any one have any idea what to tell him?

Does it even look like a White Widow? I've never seen one growing but it sure doesn't look like the pictures of WW to me.

Thanks for the help for a stranger who isn't even a member.

Great smoking.

Don....where's the pics???

There are so many different variations of WW these days it is hard to say what is what. If the clone was aquired at a compassion club, I would think that it should be a good one, but I don't know...we don't have the clubs avaliable yet. But why would anyone waste their time cloning a plant that did not produce trichs...or do the job it was meant to do. There are Indica dominate WW, and Sativa dominant WW so maybe you buddies is of the sat dom, with a longer flowering time. I would not give it (N) in flower...unless it looks like it will die before it is finished...at least I would not give it much (N). Hope to see the pics, so that we can try to offer you some help.

Is there anyway to ask the club that it came from about it's background? Do people sell clones to the club, or do they have mothers on site, that they cut from?

Here are the pictures finally. I apologize for the poor definition but my camera does not handle macros or closeups very well.

It has been flowered under a 400 watt HPS directly above it about 8" to 18" which is the same thing that was done with the Diesel that is coming along great. Does anyone know about how far into a 12 week or linger flowering cycle the trichs usually start showing?

great smoking.

HPIM1381.JPG

HPIM1382.JPG

It still looks young, I grew WW and it does the majority of its trich production later, but Ive never grown it and had no production like you describe.. Do you have a way of getting trich pic?

To tell you the truth at week 8 of flowering and no trichs, Im not sure if thats a plant I would keep around, maybe see if it Improves in a few weeks, but if it doesnt have a ton of trichs, its bad genes or somthing is wrong in the grow..

yeah I'm confused to.....it should have some trichs even if it were to go for 12 weeks.

I've never grown it myself...so I have no first hand experience, it's like a 10 wk plant though anyway isn't it?

Like Mindz says...it wouldn't be takeing up space in my grow, without trichs.

Don it has NO (0) zero trichs? Or are you just comparing it to the deisel?

WW week 9

As Mindz above says, I would have tossed that plant by now.

:peace:

2 2 WW week 9.JPG

I am so new at this but thought I would add that I have 2 ww's that I have almost killed in 4 almost 5 weeks of flower and they have trichs. So maybe it is a dud.

I'd go to wherever the clone was picked up at...because that is crap! It's not like it was grown from seed, and you just got a bad pheno. Someone took the time to clone this thing...wht would anyone clone a plant with no trichs, and send it to a compassion club? That makes no sense, and makes me wonder if maybe you have done something to it don, somewhere along the way??? Can you think of anything you have done different with it?

t has some trichs, just not nearly as many as I expected. Right now I've got the room and he is paying for the nutes so I guess I'll just let it go until it either works or not, or until I need the room.

If it was mine I'd probably just toss it too, but he is convinced it is a super strain, so I guess if he prefers it to the other stuff I have, I'll let him continue to believe what he wants to believe.

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty well sure now that it isn't WW. I don't know where he got it from or why he thinks it is so great.

Great smoking.

Latest posts

Back