from 24/0 to 18/6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Afrikaaner

Reaction score
is it healthy to go from 24/0 to 18/6? i couldnt afford a timer for a while, and now a friend is getting his over thanksgiving when he goes home, but i was wondering if it would be too big of a change and cause either flowering or hermies after over a month in 24/0. or should i just start flowering at that point anyway? discuss amongst yourselves lol and thanks.

I use the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" practice.

Why not just wait for your next crop to go 18/6?

Stay with what you have now instead of taking the chance of ruining a crop. If you leave it at 24/0, nothing will change.

Good luck man!

I agree with Stoney...why mess with it, but I have gone from 24/0 to 18/6 after 2 weeks due to heat probs before...helped me cut out the hottest part of the day. No hermies popped up when i did it. Mom nature "gradually" makes light changes with the seasons.

alot of folks grow with 18/6 anyway...wont hurt a bit...just flower from 18/6 when it's time, dont revert to 24/0, that may cause stress...

I do a reveg, going from 12/12 to 24/0 to 12/12, no problems...however, some plants are sensitive to light stress, causing hermies(easily dealt with by spraying with Dutch Masters Reverse)...

thanks for the input guys, i think ill just stay at 24/0 and then flower em a week or two after thanksgiving

Latest posts

Back