G&M Herijuana x Blueberry/Chem Dawg SR x Nanda Devi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 weeks since flipping to 12/12. 4 weeks since Dawg-Devi showed, 3 for Heri-Berry. That will put the plants at 9 weeks and 8 weeks ‘in flower’ when I return from a vacation. Still trying to dial in the Blumats. Getting closer I think. Right now I am thinking a drip per second when the pots feel light should keep the plants healthy. Making small half ‘triangle’ adjustments at this point.
IMG_2587.jpeg

The watering bucket is a mix of Jacks 10-30-20, GO Cal Mag and AN Bud Candy(all at recommended dilution) plus a couple TBLSP of Epsom salt/ 5 gallons of water.

Hoping to get an idea of how long the bucket is going to last in the next 10 days. The plants were getting about a quart a day on average so a 5 gallon bucket should only last a bit over 3 days but that doesn’t account for runoff/soil being hydrophobic. I am hoping to get 5 days with the system dialed in. That would mean my son would only need to refill the bucket once.

The Dawg-Devi has a licorice aroma now(changed from cat piss to hash to licorice). The Heri-Berry has a delicious fruity aroma which it has had for quite a while. I am wondering if the new white light LED has triggered a terpene change. Anyone know if that is ‘a thing’?

The Dawg-Devi has a licorice aroma now(changed from cat piss to hash to licorice). The Heri-Berry has a delicious fruity aroma which it has had for quite a while. I am wondering if the new white light LED has triggered a terpene change. Anyone know if that is ‘a thing’?
That Hairberry is smelling just like it is supposed to. It’s gonna get stronger.
Wait until the fuel part starts kicking in.

A couple of thoughts on this grow:

The Blumat system I think will be good for when I am away for an extended period of time. The plants still look healthy even when I normally would consider them to be very thirsty if I was doing my usual hand watering. Since this is my first go at these strains(in addition to a change in nutes, quadlining, a new smaller tent, the early flip, different lighting and uppotting with very little veg time after uppotting), I won’t be able to gauge how the Blumats perform as far as yield, beauty, aromas, or potency goes. I also don’t like that the plants are stuck staying where they are due to the plumbing(though it is the same as if I was doing a scrog). I like to be able to rotate plants around my tent to give the plants different incident light. A good thing about the drip system I think is going to be the lower humidity which will minimize the risk of PM(since I don’t flood the pots and the soil, which is a humidity sink, stays drier). I may retire the Blumats or repurpose them for the garden in the future but I am happy with them and the grow at this point.

The sativa dominant plants(Dawg-Devi)are much less crystally but that was also the case for me when I grew some Thai plants and they were some of my favorite smoke. They have started showing more trichomes in the past couple of days and should have 4+ more weeks to develop. The more indica Heri-Berry was winning the trichome beauty contest but the slightly more hybrid pheno is catching up.

I am loving the Jacks nutes. Easy as pi. Plants are greener than I was getting using GO organic 5 or 6 bottle nutes, Kelp4Less nutes, GH 3 part or AN pH perfect. The downside is it isn’t organic but with how little my wife and I smoke, I am betting we ingest more chemicals from the water we drink and the air we breathe.

One pot still feels a little light to me. Opened the valve about an eighth turn. The 2 Dawg-Devi pots are a bit heavy with no drips seen. Left them alone. Probably a tweak or three before I am comfortable. The bucket looks like it went down about a gallon since this morning. Getting closer to having a feel for refill timing. It will be only water(no nutes) when I have my dome come to refill. If I can get to a gallon a day, I will be happy. Going to back off on the nutes(maybe 3/4 strength) as I refill the buckets. The Heri-Berri plants are shiny/dark green. A little nute burn on the tips but I am pleasantly surprised how they are taking full strength feedings with such minimal tip burn. The Dawg-Devi pots are both drying out from over watering due to the Blumat carrot settings or they may show the same characteristics. They still look healthy though. No lockout. No early fade. No pH checking. Sweeeeet!
IMG_2630.jpeg
IMG_2632.jpeg
IMG_2635.jpeg

A couple of thoughts on this grow:

I am loving the Jacks nutes. Easy as pi. Plants are greener than I was getting using GO organic 5 or 6 bottle nutes, Kelp4Less nutes, GH 3 part or AN pH perfect. The downside is it isn’t organic but with how little my wife and I smoke, I am betting we ingest more chemicals from the water we drink and the air we breathe.

Hi OldFogey, your plants look great! I’m intrigued by your experience with Jacks as I can’t make sense of their website. Is it this two part system that I attached? I tried switching from Flora series to MegaCrop this year and my big issue is that the dry powder doesn’t mix well with water. I’m considering trying Jack’s now after seeing a few results on MP and your feedback.

IMG_0095.png

Hi OldFogey, your plants look great! I’m intrigued by your experience with Jacks as I can’t make sense of their website. Is it this two part system that I attached? I tried switching from Flora series to MegaCrop this year and my big issue is that the dry powder doesn’t mix well with water. I’m considering trying Jack’s now after seeing a few results on MP and your feedback.

View attachment 353413

https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/jacks-nutrients.83016/

This is the basis of what we are doing.
We are all adding our own little tweaks here and there.
Everyone has been pretty happy with it so far.

View attachment 353413
I used Jacks Classic 20-20-20 during veg. Switched to Classic Bloom Enhancer 10-30-20 in flower. Flower suggested the Bloom Enhancer. Seems like they love the stuff. It dissolves very quickly. I have added liquid cal mag and AN Bud Candy because I can’t help myself…😁

Latest posts

Back