G&M Herijuana x Blueberry/Chem Dawg SR x Nanda Devi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You dont get lock out withJacks
If something raises or lowers the pH of the solution so that it is too far out of the proper range, eventually lockout has to occur. My brother was using GO nutes with great results then got a sudden case of nute lockout. When he checked his tap pH it was mid-8’s. His tap was normally ok(he’d never checked pH because organic nutes don’t need it unless your water is out-of-whack). Never hurts to read what the plants are telling you.

Thinking I have a male. Manute Bol in the middle there…
IMG_2267.jpeg

Up-potted this morning. Good roots but a poor job putting the peat cups in the solo cups in my first up-potting. No real harm that I can see.
IMG_2278.jpeg

I need to clean up the lower leaves. I will wait a couple of days to minimize shock. Planning on trying to quadline these just because I want to try quadlining.

IMG_2280.jpeg

Up-potted this morning. Good roots but a poor job putting the peat cups in the solo cups in my first up-potting. No real harm that I can see.
View attachment 350582
I need to clean up the lower leaves. I will wait a couple of days to minimize shock. Planning on trying to quadline these just because I want to try quadlining.

View attachment 350583
Mixed up a bag of perlite with a bag and a half of Maines Coast potting soil and spiked the mix with worm castings and mychorihhizae.

Off to a great start OldFogey. I look forward to your quadline training! I’ve done it twice…..it worked awesome the first time and I totally screwed it up the second time. I plan to try it again because it sure beat using stakes or nets and it provided a lot of bud.

I have a link to an excellent quad line training post at 420Magazine, but I don’t think links to other websites are allowed on here. Just search Google for:

The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining​

How is the fungus gnat yellow sticky helmet approach working?

Off to a great start OldFogey. I look forward to your quadline training! I’ve done it twice…..it worked awesome the first time and I totally screwed it up the second time. I plan to try it again because it sure beat using stakes or nets and it provided a lot of bud.

I have a link to an excellent quad line training post at 420Magazine, but I don’t think links to other websites are allowed on here. Just search Google for:

The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining​

How is the fungus gnat yellow sticky helmet approach working?
I actually looked at your Quad thread as inspiration but then it looked like you were going a different way and stumbled upon the 420magazine thread.

The helmet didn’t seem to gather any gnats(I didn’t have any Vaseline like @WeedHopper uses so I used bacitracin which may be why it didn’t get any takers)but somehow they are nearly gone. The gnats were mainly on the plant(now plants) in the felt pot. I was keeping the soil moist for the seedlings so that is why(I assume) my batch of gnats were thriving.

I actually looked at your Quad thread as inspiration but then it looked like you were going a different way and stumbled upon the 420magazine thread.

The helmet didn’t seem to gather any gnats(I didn’t have any Vaseline like @WeedHopper uses so I used bacitracin which may be why it didn’t get any takers)but somehow they are nearly gone. The gnats were mainly on the plant(now plants) in the felt pot. I was keeping the soil moist for the seedlings so that is why(I assume) my batch of gnats were thriving.
I am also using the felt pot as a kind of passive humidifier so it will stay on the moist side(besides, the plants in the felt pot like moist soil). It is really dry in my basement. Good for everything but the seedlings.

3 weeks:
IMG_2281.jpeg

Cleaned up the lowest nodes to get them off of the soil:

IMG_2283.jpeg

The CDSRxND is taller than the HxBB. Probably the landrace Nanda Devi genes.

CDSRxND on the right, G&M Herijuana x Blueberry on the right.

4 weeks:
IMG_2316.jpeg
IMG_2315.jpeg

The CDSR x ND is going to be taller than the Heri x BB. Following a quadlining thread, I have removed the bottom 2 nodes and topped a couple days later. I think that stress arrested the growth a bit but they seem to be recovering. The climate is not optimal so that could be causing slower growth too. 68-72 degrees and under 30% RH(mostly 20 or below). I am not planning on heating the basement room so I am getting what I pay for. They seem happy though so I am happy.

4 weeks:View attachment 351064View attachment 351065
The CDSR x ND is going to be taller than the Heri x BB. Following a quadlining thread, I have removed the bottom 2 nodes and topped a couple days later. I think that stress arrested the growth a bit but they seem to be recovering. The climate is not optimal so that could be causing slower growth too. 68-72 degrees and under 30% RH(mostly 20 or below). I am not planning on heating the basement room so I am getting what I pay for. They seem happy though so I am happy.
Nice lookin girls !

4 weeks:View attachment 351064View attachment 351065
Your humidity is running neck and neck with mine.
I have been running a radiator heater in my room a little, off and on.

Your humidity is running neck and neck with mine.
I have been running a radiator heater in my room a little, off and on.
I know big grows in low humidity so I am not concerned but my VPD is certainly not anywhere near ‘good’. We don’t smoke much and are very well stocked with bud so I don’t need anything quick or even a good yield. I just needed to grow and figured trying a new method (quadlining) was a good thing to try.

I think I read one of your posts saying you forced cuttings to show sex just sticking them in water. Am I remembering that correctly? I had good results taking cuttings and rooting them then flipping but I’d rather have a quicker trick. I didn’t know it at the time but when I was 15 or 16, I had a plant from bag seed that I screwed up and the top 6 inch or so of the plant got pinched off when my dad told me to take the fkn thing off off the roof(😂) before the neighbors saw it(pot was really, really illegal back then). I stuck that in a glass of water and had it under a room lamp that started to throw pistils so I think it will work. I didn’t know at the time they indicated it was a female

IMG_4505.png

Yep, just stick a cutting in a plastic cup with a little water in the bottom, set it in your flower tent, and wait a couple weeks.
Works like a charm.
I don’t remember who I stole that from, but it was definitely someone on here.

View attachment 351104
Yep, just stick a cutting in a plastic cup with a little water in the bottom, set it in your flower tent, and wait a couple weeks.
Works like a charm.
I don’t remember who I stole that from, but it was definitely someone on here.
Will that end up a clone?

Will that end up a clone?
No, I just toss them. Takes forever to root once they start to flower.

Although, I have been toying with the idea of sticking a freshly rooted clone in 12/12 until it gets some pretty good cotton balls on it, and then reveg it to see if I can get some monster cropping going on.

I added in a 2 bulb 4 ft T5 because of plant spread and hopefully a bit more warmth(warmer air also holds more moisture so that may up my RH as well). I started training the 4 nodes of each plant a few days ago. The CDSR x ND is going to be challenging. Stretching already under 24/7 lighting. The Heri x BB is staying nice and short. I knew this would be a problem but hoped it would be more of a flowering time thing…
IMG_2330.jpeg

Hey OldFogey, I stole your idea of using the fiber pot as a “wick” to increase moisture in a small indoor pepper garden that I am starting. I’m using three fabric quarter gallon nursery bags sitting in a tray of water and filled with coco. I have a fan blowing on them, and the humidity in my 2x3 tent is at 65% compared to the house at 40%. My plants are in plastic pots like yours. Is your fabric pot sitting in water so it can wick more? Is there a fan on it?

I checked my last decent quad line (not great) and it took me 7 weeks of veg to get them to the right size for flowering….so it was a slow process for me.

Latest posts

Back