G'day From W.a.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duffman

Reaction score
Well first off i would like to say hello to everybody on the forums. My first time posting and i hope you can help.
This is my first grow aswel!
I planted in the middle of winter because i got to excited and couldnt wait.
A few of my babies died but these 3 remain!
We have got about a few weeks till spring and have been getting sunshine everyday.

Largest plant:
The largest one is about 10 weeks old,it had started to form little heads around the top,then my aunty comes around yesterday and tells me to pull all of the little heads off,she said this will make the plant grow branches from there making it not so much like a stalk.She said that i should continue pulling them off till i get the plant to a size i want then leave them on there and it will get heads.
I took her advice and did it...

Do you think i should take it out of the pot?i would like to put it in the ground when it gets bigger but im scared i will kill it transplanting it out of there because itsa bit of a tricky little pot and i can see it going disaster.

Smallest Plant:

This plant is like the runt. It was planted the same time as the middle sized one yet it remains the smallest and the leaves are kind of curling over at the sides,the stem is pretty skinny aswel. I dont know what is wrong with it,the only thing i did a bit different was i put heaps of blood and bone on that one...

I also got a killer compost going.I got manure,soil,sardines,worms,eggs,compost booster andall sorts of **** in there.
I am going to chuck my plants in it later down the track.
(my boss tells me he used to mix sardines in with his plants and it make them go off?)

Sorry if this isnt worded correctly,i find it really hard to type and keep track of what i am saying.
:fid:

Cheers

sorry heres the photos.

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

as soon as the weather permits..plant them in the EARTH

4u2sm0ke said:
as soon as the weather permits..plant them in the EARTH

Agreed,I take it your talking about Western Australia duffman

Hey Duffman.

Welcome to MP.

I wouldn't transplant them until their root system is established in their pots then throw them in the ground, I would recommend Peat/Compost mix as well because I am from Western Australia(Perth to be exact) and Potting soil here is a joke I used chicken cow and sheep manure with compost and peat for my soil plot if you're going to dig holes make them really wide you wont need to go deeper than 18 inches you can go down 2 feet if you wish but cannabis has a wide root system.

We've had a lot of sunshine in the past 10 days after a week of rain so they should shoot up a bit, I put mine in the ground recently I had them vegging indoors for 2 weeks. If your plants don't flower they should become monsters just dont stress too much over it I killed so many plants last year(my first grow) from worrying too much just don't over water or over feed them when they are small and they wont need much water until summer comes.

PS Don't forget to add dolomite lime either.

Also here's a couple of handy site's for you.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDW12300.shtml

http://pictures.marijuana.com/gallery/data-stuff/b6d767d2f8ed5d21a44b0e5886680cb9/1257_p17846.swf

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=196

Well today i did alot of work in the garden. I got a bit too excited and decided to try the biggest one in the ground there to see how it goes,i really do not think its going to get enough light,so after about an hour of arguing with my mum and her catching me trying to stick a bit of copper in her olive tree,i am allowed to prune it right back in about a month. I think that it will open it up enough to get these little puppies going.

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

I came out today and all my plants had this funny brown spots over the leaves.
It was about 22 degrees today so not really that hot.
I put some Npk slow release fertalizer on them about 3 days ago,only a small sprinkle though so i am not shore if that would do it.
I also sprayed them with a bit of bug spray because they were getting eaten by these little green caterpillers.

IMG_0431.jpg

Oh yeah and i walked outside today and my dog had a leaf in its mouth,it had taken a big bite out of the one i put in the ground.
i put a bag around it but im gonna have to sort something out tonight so it gets some sun.
Any tips for keeping the dogs away with out any chicken wire,i need to get some cash together and go to another trip to bunnings and buy some fencing.

duffman said:
I came out today and all my plants had this funny brown spots over the leaves.
It was about 22 degrees today so not really that hot.
I put some Npk slow release fertalizer on them about 3 days ago,only a small sprinkle though so i am not shore if that would do it.
I also sprayed them with a bit of bug spray because they were getting eaten by these little green caterpillers.

I wouldn't be feeding your plants anytime soon, What type of NPK was it? Only use organic fert's btw don't use chemical. I wouldn't feed them when they are that small and young and if you do only feed them Seaweed/kelp and a small amount of fish emulsion until their root system gets bigger and the plants are older. The bug spray depending on what it was can do a fair bit of damage, Only use bug spray for edible plants only try using Neem Oil or just picking the bugs off.

duffman said:
thanks man

No problem, If you're going to feed your plants with dry ferts I would recommend Dynamic Lifter that stuff is great for growing weed and it's easy to find most hardware and nursery stores stock it too. Organic Xtra is slighty better but it's not too much different. Dynamic lifter is best mixed before planting though, Honestly if you prepare your soil now it's so much easier. If you invest some money it pays off. If you can find some straw/leafy mulch I would grab that too for the summer, Lupin Mulch, Sugar cane Mulch Hay anything leafy is great mulch and helps prevent the sun damaging and heating up the roots.

Kog's Commercial grow guide isn't too bad he's an Aussie himself.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=V-4pq853YwM

Latest posts

Back