Gearing up for this spring!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drfting07

Don't panic it's Organic!
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. Im starting to order my supplies, looking at new seedbanks and strains and of course making a plot. :icon_smile:

Just curious what the fellow outdoor growers had in mind as well. What strains have you had luck with, and what will you grow this year? What soil mix will you be using? Any special brand of nutrients your trying out? Please share! Ill post my input as soon as i have an idea.

To my fellow outdoor enthusiasts, happy growing! :farm:

drfting07 said:
Hey guys and gals. Im starting to order my supplies, looking at new seedbanks and strains and of course making a plot. :icon_smile:

Just curious what the fellow outdoor growers had in mind as well. What strains have you had luck with, and what will you grow this year? What soil mix will you be using? Any special brand of nutrients your trying out? Please share! Ill post my input as soon as i have an idea.

To my fellow outdoor enthusiasts, happy growing! :farm:

Mr living in The PNW (Seattle) I look for a quik finish Strain..So far I like Pink lemonaid..a clone only strain local here...Ive also grown Purple bud....purple Frosting..Purple peach...hoosier daddy...Crystal...Im more toward Indicas for out door...I make my own soil if I grow in container..otherwise they get planted in the garden where I been mixing in for many a moon...I like to make teas useing Dr Earth products...from your thread I do believe...Have fun and Mojo for your 2012 outdoor endevor...Have fun

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

I always love following your outdoor threads 4U. The Hosier Daddy from last year looked awesome if i remember correctly. Whos strain is it?

Thats awesome you found my Dr. Earth Posts helpful. Im more than ecstatic that a seasoned grower like yourself is interested in what i have to share. Dr. Earth is the best organic product i can get here and it will remain my primary nutrient source until there is anything better.

I like to grow mostly Indica, but i did finish out a sativa last year. The options are there, first frost is from late October to mid November.
Strains ive had an eye on for some time:
Mandala Satori
Cali Connections Larry OG Kush
TGA Subcool Seeds Deep Purple
Nirvana Papaya
Next Generation Romulan Diesel
I havent heard alot about Next Generation Seeds, if anyone has good or bad news please share.

Medium is NouvelleChef's Mix. I expect to be feeding regularly once flower hits. These girls Veg for 6 or 7 months so they will get VERY hungry.

EXCITING! Drfting07

Getting excited for my 2nd grow this year! Pretty stoked how my first turned out, (ended up with about 13 oz's, and a little over 12grams of bubble hash from 4 plants), and now with added knowledge this go round I'm thinking to try some new things too.
Def have some questions, but I think I'm going to start a different thread for that.
My blend of FFOF with added perlite and worm castings worked great last year so I think I'm going to stick with that. I used the AN Sensi A+B line and that seemed pretty straight forward and worked well for me too. None of their additives last year. I forget what I started adding towards the end last season, to help with strengthening the branches, but I'm going use that from the get go this time. Seemed to help, but just too little too late.
Question on Mykos(sp). Using a chem nute is it pointless to add that into the soil? Hydro store guy kicked me a free packet last year that I didnt use. I hear they are great with organics, but would the nute system I'm using just kill them? Still a newb so any info would be great.

:ciao: drift

yeah that hossier Daddy turned out nice...still have some jared up..Our very own Irish was the creator of that strain...I been running her for a few years now and that was the first time she was ever ran outside and IMO she did just fine...mojo for the summer grow...

take care and be safe
:48:

I'm getting my garden ready. I just tilled in a truck load of goat manure. Mmmm I can't figure out what the problem was last year. I had 12 plants and only got about 20 oz's. The year before that I had 6 plants and got over 55 oz's. So i'm going to build my soil up this year.

4U,
Where are Irish's seeds available if there is?

If you have anything going now .........

I'm running a pure or nearly so indica and have had great results with a spring crop of clones put out after last frost. I hide them among my container garlic that is going to town after over wintering.

No one is looking in april. LOL

Wet

What Ive got thus far

Strains
10x Mandala Satori $55.43
10x Cali Connection Larry OG Kush $107.79
5x TGA Subcool Deep Purple $46.19
10x Nirvana Papaya $25.00
5x Next Generation Romulan Diesel $53.89
Gypsy Nirvana Seeds

Organic Soil Mix (cook for 30 days)
Base Mix (~25CF)
2x 3.8CF Bale of Premier Peat Moss
1x 4CF Bag of Compost
1x 4CF Bag of Perlite
1x 4CF Bag of Vermiculite

Amendments
~18CF Base Mix
2cf rice hulls
12c, soybean meal
12c, alfalfa meal $8 for 3 lbs
10lb's bone meal $8.50 for 2.5 lbs ($34)
18 cups Dolomite lime $4. For 40 lbs ($4)
4lb's Epsom $13 for 4lbs ($13)
6lb's rock phosphate $8 for 3 lbs ($16)
5lb's Azomite
1c humic acid
6lb's kelp meal $8 for 3 lbs ($16)
6lb's green sand $10 for 10 lbs ($10)
8lb's Bio-tone/Plant-tone(depot)

Organic Nutrients and Fertilizers
Dr. Earth Organic 5 Tomato Vegetable and Herb 5-7-3 (Veg) $10 for 4 lbs
Dr. Earth Organic 8 Bud & Bloom Booster 4-10-7 (Flower) $9.50 for 4 lbs
Indonesian Bat Guano .5-13-.2 (Flower)
Dr. Earth Liquid Seaweed Concentrate 0-0-4.5 (Micro Maintenance)

Compost Tea
5 Gallons PHd Water
3 Tablespoons unsulfured molasses
2 Tablespoons Dr. Earth Seaweed Concentrate per gallon of water
½-1 gallon organic soil/compost

any input on some good auto flowering strains for out doors.i set up my plot last year so this year im ready to rock and roll.i dont have a lot of growing time in the season were im at so im planning on growing as maney as possible.not shure if im just gonna stick with just auto flowering.and maybe try a couple other strains guess we will see cant wiat for spring

here is a pic of what it looks like right now

001.JPG

Bump it up! Would like to here what the fellow growers are thinking. Spring is fast approaching!

Also i went a different route with my base soil. Went ahead and bought pro-mix bx and added mushroom compost and dolomite lime. My gardening store didnt have a very good grade of peat moss to build my own soil.

Wow, looks like a great line up of genetics and some good dirt. I would like to see Satori grown outside. This will be fun. Brown mojo to your dirt. lol

The Larry OG is out of stock. Also nirvana has had some bad rep lately. Ive decided to stick with 3.

Mandala's Satori
Next Gen. Romulan Diesel
Greenhouse Seeds Kings Kush (grape ape x OG)

:ciao: Rose! Thanks for stopping by! That medicine woman of yours looks fantastic by the way. Well worth bud pic of the month.

The outdoor satori grow talk is getting alot of attention. Ston-loc and I are doing a outdoor Satori grow-off. I as well as you am getting very excited. I expect good things! It should be interesting comparing the two as he is west coast and I'm east coast. Different mediums too. I believe he's doing organic as well tho.

thank you drfting. That shot up there is brought to you by the good folks at MP. Taught me lots.

I will follow you and ston-loc..sounds very fun. I wonder how tall they will get OD.

Untrained and with ample soil i bet it would get huge. Im trying what 4u2sm0ke did several years back and do an outdoor scrog or screen of green. More so to keep it bushier and grow more lateral, than to increase yield.

Getting excited. Now if only these stinking beans ever show up!!! Still too early to start them, but I'm getting ansy.

:ciao: Ston-Loc

Me too! Wish i could take pics of that veg box for you but my cam still doesnt work. AHH!

Think ill sow my beans around mid march. 4 weeks in solo cups then directly into there flowering pots. There will be some seedlings donated as well. Destined for the great outdoors on 4/20!!!!

I'm doing mostly SD outdoor in a light dep this season...Maybe let a few go long season. I've already started vegging the beautiful ladies and I'm guesstimating they'll go outside around May 1st with supplement light for a little while. I haven't decided if I'm going to go organic or not. Right now they're getting FF nutes which isn't organic. Maybe I'll go with compost tea, age old grow, and bat guano like I did last year. FF nutes are too expensive to use OD. I don't know how rough the transition from FF to organic would be. That's something I'm going to have to look into. Round about I guess I'm doing it now. Anyone have info on that? It's going to be a great season. The weather has been really weird... Who knows what kind of tricks mother nature has in store for us... One things for sure, it'll be exciting.

I always wanted to try some Mandala seeds... I've never seen any of their herb at the dispensaries.

Happy posting,
GM

Latest posts

Back