Gender questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LGSmith

Reaction score
Newbe here. Very confused about sex! I've attached a photo of a plant grown outdoors. Out of the 10 or so plants I have, half are flowering with lots of bees all around like the one in the photo. Are these the males? The other plants seem to be forming seeds so I guess they are the females. I've begun harvesting the plants without the flowers. What do I do with the plants that are flowering? Do they produce THC? Do both sexes have trichomes? If so, do I cure them the same way or just forget about the plants with flowers?

Thanks. LG

male-flowers.jpg

well i hate to be the one to break it to you man seeing this is you first post but that is 100% for sure a male sorry,put up the rest of your pics an we will see if you have any females that have been pollinated ..an again sorry man peace...

Male.

If you have females they are now ruined.

Why did you not do any research first to know what you were doing?

:peace:

Uploaded photos of females. Didn't know they shouldn't pollinate! You mean the trichromes I see at 30x have no THC?

So do I just compost the whole thing?

Boo hoo.

females-thin-and-wide-leaf.jpg

Read and then reread your post. I think you got to the mari-forum a lil late. Lots of info here. Positive, you'll have plenty of seeds if you try agin. Nice looking plants btw. You'll have same results if u don't spend some time reading/researching. All you need to know can be found here, just takes a lil poking around and asking. Peace

Sensimilla means "without seeds" in spanish. I am sure I spelled it wrong.

There was a time, before Sensimilla, Kilos came in Bricks, Loaded with Stems and Seeds. Long Long ago. I remember we got a "buzz" back then. Now pounds come in Zip Lock bags and it is all seedless buds. It is now beyond buzz and we use words like "Couchlock" discribing our high.

No stems and seeds you dont need.....add music.
Alcopolco Gold is some bad___ weed.

Nice plants. You got seed for next year!
Yank the males and let the girls finish. jmo.
Good luck to you. And read it wont be about luck then.

no one, and i mean NO ONE , can grow a male like you can dude/ette.:rolleyes: ...

know why?

we dont let 'em live nowhere near that long. yeahhh... you'll need 6 months of reading here to get it down. i suggest you get started, then ask before you have a problem arise as this some of these questions...

Tough break...but you might be able to start your own seed bank...
tc is right yank the males and let the girls grow out...you will then hve a boat load of seeds to try again with...

Thanks for all the info. i am a sad case. Weed experience is from the 70s.

Believe it or not, I did hours of reading on growing weed. Found no mention of nixing the males. Where can I read about weed and pollination? Could it be that it is so fundamental that it is seldom discussed?

It all makes sense now about preventing pollination. This is the reason it's hard to get seeds now and used to be so easy to get seeds 30 years ago.

LGSmith said:
Thanks for all the info. i am a sad case. Weed experience is from the 70s.

Believe it or not, I did hours of reading on growing weed. Found no mention of nixing the males. Where can I read about weed and pollination? Could it be that it is so fundamental that it is seldom discussed?

It all makes sense now about preventing pollination. This is the reason it's hard to get seeds now and used to be so easy to get seeds 30 years ago.
I don't think it will make much difference if you pull the males now or not. It won't hurt. I wouldn't yank em. Their roots may be tangled in with the ladies. I'd just cut them off at ground level and get rid of em.

Sure, dry, cure and smoke the weed you get from the ladies. It'll be full of seeds, but it'll still get you high. In fact, it'll waste you if you smoke enough of it!

Back in the day, (and I mean WAY back), seeds were in all pot. I never heard or saw sensi bud until about the 60's. In the 50's, it all had seeds. Massive amounts of seeds.

Just read the posts in this site. There are thousands of them and many, many of them discuss yanking the males.

By the time you have your next grow, everyone on MP will have you growing the best pot you've ever smoked!

Hey, got any seeds? heheheehe mybad....:p

You nailed it I guess.....thirty years....the seventies is when Sens first came into the main stream. Those were good days......big party harvest time round here. Before the indoor grows started heavy. I remember "dry" meant NO weed to be found for months before harvest. Now, dry is used in "dry weight".

You not been smokin for that long? 30 years long time.

Check these link, bout breeding.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45

But seriously....take a big black trash bag, cover the male with it.....chop him down. Do this gently, as you dont want more pollen to be getting to any girl parts that are still virgins (unseeded yet). Take that male and put him in the compost heap or burn pile.

Very few of us did well on our first attempt at growing, me, Im still a learning.
Good luck to you.

Latest posts

Back