Germinating outside-then bringing inside

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shimsham

Reaction score
anybody have experience with germinating outside for several weeks for a stronger stem, and then bringing inside for vegetative? I am trying it, but concerned that the evening darkness may have created some problems as they are now under 24 hour light inside. They came inside at 3 inches (7.6 cm) in height. thanks

Why would germinating them outside make the stems stronger? You can grow them inside and put a fan on them and they will have good strong stems....I think the seedlings should be fine. I wouldn't worry about them. I would start them inside if you're going to grow them inside though. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

good question and thanks for the tip. the reason behind it is that i have a bit of a fungus mite problem with some of my houseplants. I wanted to keep these little seedlings outside until i addressed the insect problem inside....

Starting outside and bringing inside is a bad idea, great way to bring bugs in imo

Latest posts

Back