germination question....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundancer245

Reaction score
have read alot about how to germinate, one question, if space is not an issue, would it be advisable to germinate right in the soil that its going to grow in, right in its full size pot? basicly just plant the seeds? or should it be germinated with another method before its put into soil

How do you think seeds grow into plants in the wild?

Welcome to the forum Son :)

It is the first time we have met.

We will be seeing more of each other.

:peace:

lol thats what i thought, have a 9x14 room thats easy to keep warm and dark, thought i would just plant them in the pots and let them go...just trying to get all the info i can to get started, thanks for the tip!

I do not grow in soil, but I believe that there are some benefits to planting in smaller containers and transplanting a couple of times as the plant grows. While plants outside are sown directly into the ground, we are trying to optimize conditions inside, which does not necessarily mean trying to duplicate outside conditions.

Maybe some soil growers will chime in....

have since heard that planting directly into large pots will cause the roots to go straight down and not branch out for strength, so that would be a reason for starting small and transplanting, just have also read that transplanting is hard on the plants so looking for a good balance i suppose, as i said have a 9x14 room and can only plant 12 so have lots of room.

Latest posts

Back