Getting has oil out of the vile!!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redemption

Psychonaut
Reaction score
I've recently come across some good hash oil but I am having a hard time finding a good method of extracting/seperating it all from the vile. currently this is the method I'm using:

I light a candle and heat up the vile enough to make the oil liquidy. I then hold it over another vile and let it drip out. I generally get 3-5 drops at a time and then I have to heat up the vile again and repeat the process until the new vile is full.

Here are the problems that I've encountered and am looking to find a solution for:

I seem to be burning a lot of oil inside the vile so that I end up with a fairly thick layer of hard burnt oil inside the outer wall of the vile. I can scrape most of it out and spread it on a paper, but the oil is chunky and smells burnt, so obviously it's not as good quality anymore. Furthermore I'm worried that I'm comprising the oil's potency when using this method, mainly because I'm worried that the THC is being evaporated, and the burnt chunky resin that's left over is mosty tar. Am I right to think this, or does that not happen?

My other main problem is getting every last drop of oil out of the vile until it's crystal clear (or close). Once the oil is mostly out but there is still a thin coat covering the vile, it's hard to heat it into a liquid drop without burning/evaporating it. People have told me of a method where you use cold water to get the viles squeaky clean and to get every last drop of oil out of there, however I don't seem to quite comprehend the method. Can someone please explain it to me?

I would appreciate any help/advice on the subject, including your methods of extracting/seperating oil from viles.

Thanks in advance!
Mike.:eek:

I never store my oil in a vial myself.... but i can think of 2 easy ways to get it all out....

1. ISO wash then onto a flat plate to evap the ISO

2. fill vial with butane and pour onto flat plate to boil off

be aware of the dangers of both this methods ;)

heat will degrade the THC at a wicked fast pace so no more candles i say...

could also flick a bic a couple times to a paper clip and dip the oil out 1-2 drops at a time.

might also try to rub the vial to heat it up a tad to help dip the oil out....

If you go with ISO or butane just use a razor to scrap it up off the plate :D

peace

I've also seen folks use a little metal poker to get it out and smear it on joints, bowls and such. You can scrape whatever gets stuck to the poker off or just burn it and grab a sniff!

Latest posts

Back