Getting some pollen.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzwa

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Ohio here. I have a question on a male plant that I have. It just started showing it's sex and I know it's a male. What I want to do is get some pollen from it and pollenate a few buds from my female Girl Scout Cookie. Can I just cut it down to a single branch to get some pollen without it pollenating my other two females? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You should be able to separate it from the girls and collect the pollen, then maybe use a paint brush to pollinate just a couple buds...now this advice is from someone who has never done this...just quoting what I’ve been told...

If there in 50 gallon pots like I have u can’t move them
IMG_2355.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i used to cut a number of clones as soon as it shows sex and place them indoor under a cfl until they root and 12/12 until they pollinate over a plate. I put them in closed cabs with no ventilation and i used to just open it up once a day. worked every time

I put the males in the garage and put parchment paper under them and shake. Scoop up the pollen to save or just bring the female in the room with the boys. I like pollinating pre flowers and just get a few seeds.

Reactions: zem
Hello everyone. Ohio here. I have a question on a male plant that I have. It just started showing it's sex and I know it's a male. What I want to do is get some pollen from it and pollenate a few buds from my female Girl Scout Cookie. Can I just cut it down to a single branch to get some pollen without it pollenating my other two females? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

you have to be very careful as pollen can spread like a wildfire and stay viable for 6 months. I like to use a friends house many miles away and collect the pollen. then after I got my pollen I isolate the chosen female and dust her. wait a few hrs and mist her and the pot with water as this will kill pollen. wait another few hrs and repeat than place her back in the room. hope this helps

Latest posts

Back