Godfather OG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a little humble pie I see...I've eaten my share of that stuff, ice cold too...
I scoop it up in the palm of my hand subbie, mebbe 2 tbs. per 5 gallon pail...usually every other feeding...never had such green leaves...
remember when I thought I tobacco mosiac virus, turned out to be a lack of cal mag and epsom salts...I figured my well water was so rich with minerals I didn't need it, boy was I mistaken...flower room is on auto pilot for the next 10 weeks or so, veg is light work now that all the wiener dogs have been corraled...

a little humble pie I see...I've eaten my share of that stuff, ice cold too...
I scoop it up in the palm of my hand subbie, mebbe 2 tbs. per 5 gallon pail...usually every other feeding...never had such green leaves...
remember when I thought I tobacco mosiac virus, turned out to be a lack of cal mag and epsom salts...I figured my well water was so rich with minerals I didn't need it, boy was I mistaken...flower room is on auto pilot for the next 10 weeks or so, veg is light work now that all the wiener dogs have been corraled...
I’ll put it on my list and try it in a tent. you use it in veg and flower?

I use it on both, correct. It really does make a noticeable difference. I get a 10 pound sack of it free from my health insurance company. I get $60 worth of free stuff every quarter so I always have them send me a bag of Epsom salt for my grow. When I was wrapping up Ivan’s tail every other day with bandages, I was using the free stuff I get for healthcare on his tail. There’s a lot of downsides to getting old, but there are some perks.

So this plant has hermied twice on me within 2 weeks. I caught it both times before it was too late. What's weird to me is that it only happened on the one bud and in the exact same spot on that bud both times.

20230116_074649.jpg

Nowhere else on the whole thing either time.

So this plant has hermied twice on me within 2 weeks. I caught it both times before it was too late. What's weird to me is that it only happened on the one bud and in the exact same spot on that bud both times.

View attachment 317672

Nowhere else on the whole thing either time.
That's crazy. I wonder why it's happening in the same spot

Which ones should we start with cherry punch on he left or cherry trop on the right.

Attachments

• 20230116_104931.jpg
    20230116_104931.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I got it figured out... In a way. If a person made good soil, used probiotics (EM-1 on bottom and gokashi on top) and top-dressed at stages, it would be perfect, but... I don't 😂

My way, if you will...

I start by filling my planter with (insert your choice of brand) soil. Mine is an 18 qt planter. Fill your res up to the fill line which needs to be a minimum of 1" below the bottom of the planter. Mine is 1.5". The soil will soak that up pretty quick. Fill it again then plant your seed/rooted clone. Then cover the soil. I use a black garbage bag.

Keep the res full. This part is up to you as far as how full to keep it. I let mine get a gallon low, then refill.

This is the tricky part, but once you see the signs, it gets less tricky. For me, it's when the purpleish/dark color in the space between the leaf's veins and the wrinkle start. At the latest when the brown spots just beging to show. It seems to be at 3 weeks in my setup on average. That's when the water roots hit the res. I still haven't figured out why the deficiency starts there, but I'm not that smart 😂

In top watering soil, it takes a minute to correct, but this (like hydro) gets corrected almost immediately since this is when I start using the nutrients. Like I said at the beginning, I've been using the Advanced Nutrients 3 part pH perfect line. I keep it at half strength (8ml/g). You feed every time you fill the res. Mine is two gallons, and this plant drinks 1 gallon every day. There is zero need for a chiller and zero need for an air stone and zero need to change the res or flush the soil.

That Green Crack grow went south because I had my fill line errantly marked at the bottom of the planter (doh). Since I have moved it to 1.5", my plants have been happy happy happy 😁 (1.5" because it leaves .5" of room for error)

Here she is yesterday. I can't get a good angle to show it, but this lil girl has filled the 32" x32" screen and then some. Biggest and healthiest plant I have grown in the 6 years I've been practicing
View attachment 315366View attachment 315367
And this beast a$$ main mast 😂
View attachment 315368
Disregard this. I jumped the gun 🤦‍♂️

Latest posts

Back