Godfather OG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might be looking at the pic of mine I just posted. Those have enough amber to harvest, but the seeds I want haven't matured fully yet.

if you are growing for seed then why worry about the flowers?….

anything would be extra then , right?

or are you going for both seeds and flowers?

you may have to compromise one or the other this late in the game

and then again , two weeks may produce some ripe seeds and stony weed

all the best

if you are growing for seed then why worry about the flowers?….

anything would be extra then , right?

or are you going for both seeds and flowers?

you may have to compromise one or the other this late in the game

and then again , two weeks may produce some ripe seeds and stony weed

all the best
You're right, I have no reason to care about the buds except for the seeds they produce. I tried over Christmas, but wasn't able to give away even half of what I've already harvested. I still have a pound at least, and I barely go through half an ounce a year. I'm just letting it go until I see seeds falling out : )

I was wondering if maybe crash’s issue was due to the plant being root bound. I think his plant has been in the same container for a while and yours is huge compared to previous grows.

From growweedeasy.com:
View attachment 317143
That makes a lot of sense. It's a fabric pot, but it's only 5 gallons, and there are roots literally on top of the soil. I keep adding soil to cover them, but that tends to get pushed over the edge when I water. It just needs a couple more weeks, and the seeds should be done (I hope).

those flowers sure look a lot closer to coming down that 3-4 weeks...have you scoped the trichs, betcha they're turning amber...dunno what "drop" means either...must be a super secret grower term for the uninformed...:rolleyes:
You got me curious, so I broke out the loupe..

The trichs on the flowers are 50/50ish cloudy/milky, and on the sugar leaves I got all milky with a large amount of amber.

Might be closer than I thought. Thanks boo.

I wish I could say what the smell is that is permeating my house. Maybe it's the grape and rancid fuel smell I see folks talking about with this strain?

Idk, but it's exciting to try to discern smells other than the generic "weed" smell I'm used to.

I love growing something that smells different than what I’m use to for sure. Glad to hear that The Godfather OG is one of those. I plan to have it in my next tent grow.
I'm smelling a lot for the first time. My nose is experiencing a lotof smells that are "new" to me. I just wish I could still not smell dairy tractors 😂😂

I think you'll like growing them. It's a bushy fkr, so be ready for that. I'm very happy with the leaf to flower ratio.

I'll post a pic at harvest time with all of the fans stripped before I chop to show how aggressively this fkr grows.

I believe that if I didn't fk with the feeding my buds would be prettier and more dense 😢 I'm plagued with foxtails. It tried to herm also. I caught it at the beginning, and it was only one bud. You see that, and your diligence levels up 😆.

just think how much better each and every grow will be from what you have learned with this last grow...I'm finally beyond happy and content with my new and final grow area...checked it earlier and I was at 60 degrees and 40% humidity...those numbers are foreign to me down here...

just think how much better each and every grow will be from what you have learned with this last grow...I'm finally beyond happy and content with my new and final grow area...checked it earlier and I was at 60 degrees and 40% humidity...those numbers are foreign to me down here...
I bet those numbers are foreign down there in paradise! They adjust well tho.

Since I added the HPS, I've been able to shut the space heater down and keep my temp at 75 lights on and 68 lights off (house temp). I still let humidity do its thing because, no matter what I try, it is impossible for me to battle it here in central KY during the winter months. Since the change tho, my grow room has consistently kept the humidity higher than the rest of the house. Those oil register heaters stifle humidity. I used to run a humidifier, but allit did was make the room wet. I had to replace the poster board widow covers twice due to warpage.

I need larger volume planters. I'm trying to figure out how to implement 10 gallon SIP planters without sacrificing headroom without sacrificing root depth while keeping a 3-5 gallon res. This one requires nutrients at ~ the third week of veg. I am happy with the AN pH perfect trio, but I am having to mix nutrients every day. My goal is complete living soil, organic environment.

You got me curious, so I broke out the loupe..

The trichs on the flowers are 50/50ish cloudy/milky, and on the sugar leaves I got all milky with a large amount of amber.

Might be closer than I thought. Thanks boo.

see , right there , you could have helped 3rd Man in his quest to achieve cloudy trichomes!…

I'm smelling a lot for the first time. My nose is experiencing a lotof smells that are "new" to me. I just wish I could still not smell dairy tractors 😂😂

I think you'll like growing them. It's a bushy fkr, so be ready for that. I'm very happy with the leaf to flower ratio.

I'll post a pic at harvest time with all of the fans stripped before I chop to show how aggressively this fkr grows.

I believe that if I didn't fk with the feeding my buds would be prettier and more dense 😢 I'm plagued with foxtails. It tried to herm also. I caught it at the beginning, and it was only one bud. You see that, and your diligence levels up 😆.
What are your temp and humidity readings and why did you say your nutes had anything to do with it? I’d like to learn from your mistakes. 🙃

I did very light defoliation.

Under just the LEDs, I kept temps around 80-85 lights on, and night temps were maybe 5° less(space heater). When I added the HPS and killed the space heater, I had 75/68. Humidity was variable... Anywhere between 18%-50ish%... depending on nature.

I saw some pink/purple starting from the fans and working it's way down leaf stems. I understand that this can be a genetic thing, but in my experience, it leads to deficiencies. So I freaked out lol. I tried to get ahead of it by going full strength nutrients. Then it drank less, so I freaked out again and went back to half. Did full again for science, then half again from there on. My foxtails started when I started doing all of that, along with a K deficiency.

I'm just assuming the stress from rapid changes to the nutrients caused it all. I hope that explains it. Maybe not what caused it, but it's my best guess.

Humm… maybe so but I’ve found that most everything I’ve grown and made nute mistakes with have recovered well. I have had foxtailing on my last tent grow but it was due to light intrusion coming from a top vent I had left open since the previous grow after cleaning. I have to say the herb was really good smoke tho some of my better quality even if it was crazy foliage bushy and was also my first experience with foxtails. Although I prefer a heavy stick dense buds than fluffy ones of any size, these after trimming (which took forever oh btw) we’re actually beautiful and looked very pretty in the jar. I only took the time to trim one of these out of three for smoke and made dry ice kief out of the outer two Which is also a nice addition to my tiny pharmacy. So what I guess I’m getting at is it may be a surprise in disguise.
I just looked up YouTube grow godfather OG. The guy says the buds are as hard as a cheerleaders a$$ 😂😂

I don't care for them either. They're not bad foxtails... By that I mean long and scraggly. The buds are still hard and heavy. I'll put a pic up tomorrow.

I don't believe it's a light leak. I take every precaution to make sure the dark time is pitch black. I could be overlooking something tho. It would add up for the tails and herm branch.

I'm not saying my nutrient circus definitely caused it either. I'm pretty much going on a coincidental series of events based on the foxtails and the herm branch that popped up on that one bud. It's all really supposition at my newbie level.

I'm late enough in the game to where I'll still have a great harvest.

The tips on mine are def burn, but the rusty edges and membrane between the leaf veins isn't. I'm thinking Ca or K?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221218_100704_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221218_100704_Chrome.jpg
    865.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221210_054808_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221210_054808_Chrome.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221210_054743_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221210_054743_Chrome.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221210_054715_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221210_054715_Chrome.jpg