going from grow light to flowering lights...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goddog

Reaction score
going from grow lights (18/6) to flower (12/12)...

do i jump into it after my 6 hours of no-light?

or can i break into it at just past dawn which would be about 5 hours early...

im on 11p-5p light.... now...

would i stress them by beginning the hps at dawn?

goddog...:lama:

my transition is usually from 18/6 to complete and total utter darkness for a day, and then going to 12/12.... I want to know if there is a difference between 12/12 and 11/13 scheduling. I would think that 13hrs of dark would be better?

Where I am at, if growing outside the flowering time (around nwo) the sun is only out from 10 - 11 hrs (if that) and they seem to produce good flowers quicker!

I didn't do anything different when I switched from 20/4 to 12/12. There was still only 4 hours of dark before I went to full 12/12 cycles and I haven't ran into any issues yet. Currently, I'm 20 days into flowering and the nugs are doing fine, no hermies.

I would switch the light regimen @ 11pm as suggested by growdog or after the 6 hour dark period. Both will have the same effect. The question is when you want your lights on. If you want to drastically change the hours you have the lights on and dont want to damage it then go with a 24 hour dark period and switch onto 12 and 12 at your choice hour.

this is my opinion, so I wouldn't pay much attention to it, but... you rn't going to hurt them no matter what time you switch to 12/12. the plant is not going to have any issues changing lighting schedules... this thing is a plant, people... it adapts to the light schedule REGARDLESS of when you start the change-over. you can adjust the schedule when the lights r on, or off... makes no diff... it's the amount of light within a 24 hr period that makes a diff.

but that's just my 3/4 of a cent worth....:p

AAwwww come on Crazy Vancouver guy.....u can't share your lil hottie just for a while...:rofl::rofl:...

But seriously, I kinda agree with Growdude and That Crazy Vancouver Guy. I think if you want to minimize the stress on the plant then start your 12/12 at 11p.m., but IMHO, I don't think that it will make that much of a difference to the plant, it will probably adjust to the new schedule.

this thing is a plant, people

Hey, they have feelings too! However, they don't know how to tell time yet. =)

i started the next day at 630am.....

easier to keep it dark at night....

Latest posts

Back