Gotta vent!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blancolighter

Reaction score
Ok, so I've had spider mites for like 3 months, they're well under controll, but still present. Problem is, my wife is nuts and won't let me use anything to kill em. She went nuts on me after smelling pyrethryium (sp???) and never let me even mention thinking about using it again, and is about as adament against neem oil cause she thinks it smells disgusting (though I try to sneak some into my feeding schedule everynow and then, I have to hide my bottle of neem better than my bottle of Jack).

So what do I do? I have to kindly sponge all the darn bugs of. I'm about to go do it now. Ughhhhh, sorry, had to let it out a bit... asdfjk

I need some lady bugs

Sounds like no fun at all, Blanco. I have been wondering if scotch tape would be helpful at all. You know, like pulling lint from a sweater. Anyway, probably a very unproductive idea. Good luck to ya!

Eh, the sponge works fine clearing em off, just finished actually. Just a pain to wipe down every leaf every other week or so when you know there's spray out there that do the job once and for all...

That dosent sound like a bad idea.
What about you take some tape and put it around the base of the stem with the adhesive pointing out?
Should act like one of those sticky mouse traps.

try garlic. If you grow a garlic bulb next to your plant spider mites dont like it, so why not try crushing garlic into your water and spray em. I read a sight online that tells all the natural pesticides and garlic is one that spider mites dont like. I mean eh give it a try man and let us know if it works. Imagine if all you need is garlic....

Tell your wife the spider mites lay eggs on clothing and body heat lets the eggs hatch and every now and again start scratching your skin as if you can feel something wriggling.

Subconsciously she will mimic you and think the spiders are getting out of control.

She will then tell you to kill the SOB's ;)

:peace:

You guys rock, thanks!

Haha, Hippy, thats great. I just gotta practice doin it and not laughin my ball off before I try it with the wife...

google something called Flouramite or floromite or some variation. I use it, two applications in three days, kills ALL of them and the eggs too.

spring is in the air. along with mites bro. lady bugs are on the way. i had some 200 in my grow last summer, and still got mites in the grow.

a friend just told me of a natural way to rid your grow of mites; dill.

have'nt went and got any yet, but am sure gonna try it with next grow as a preventive measure...bb...

The Effen Gee said:
google something called Flouramite or floromite or some variation. I use it, two applications in three days, kills ALL of them and the eggs too.

I;m somewhat confused over this product a good few head from various sites use floromite and in most cases it does the trick.

However floromite is a systemic pesticide which basically means that it's absorbed into the plant tissue as opposed to a contact pesticide which is not absorbed.

is this stuff actually safe to use.

Floromite suffocated the mites, clogg's the breathing holes on the abdomen.

As long as my information is correct, it is harmless to humans.
I have used it many times. It is a milky white liquid. Mix with water and spray.

Hick said:
50/50 iso and water won't make your buds or your house reek....

Hick, isn't that going to risk dissolving the trichs? I mean, ISO is used as a solvent in making hash ... ok during veg of course

Hmmm, good question about the ISO. I can see using it in veg, but what about during flowering like asked before?'

Floromite sounds like a possibility, hows the smell of it (that seems to be what sets the wife off)

Maybe mixing dill AND garlic would be a slick move too...

leafminer said:
Hick, isn't that going to risk dissolving the trichs? I mean, ISO is used as a solvent in making hash ... ok during veg of course

I'm not so sure that will be safe to use even in veg, last time i made iso hash the telephone rang and instead of a 30 second iso wash the keif had nearly 2 minutes.

The chlorophyll was ripped right out of the leaves and popcorn buds, iso acetone butane are all very good at breaking down organic compounds, cant imagine that even a diluted mix will do the leaves much good.

I may be well off the mark but it warrants discussion.

Latest posts

Back