Grow Journal of a Cannabinoid Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, I'm ABSOLUTELY doing a Scrog next time! I get it now, after LSTing and topping etc... I truly do get it, and it seems like a great training method all around!

WHOA!

I'm quite sure I know what's going on.. but.. I checked my 2 tents this morning. The veg tent with LST'd plants are in great shape! The tent with 4 flowering, were very much fully wilting down and sad.

Last night, I put my knuckle in and it was cool and seemed damp. So I decided to skip any watering. Seems like it was a bad idea!! They were extremely light this morning and wilting down a LOT! I'm hoping that since I gave them water 15 minutes before light turns off, it won't be bad. Is it ok that I gave them water and now they are going into darkness? Will they pop back up during darkness??? Any suggestions? They are wilted down, granted they are not "dryed" and wilted, just more like "wet noodle"

trillions of atoms said:
It's fine....

Firstly PHEW! lol.. thanks for that TOA!

Secondly, I assume it's a proper diagnosis yea? Skipped a night of water only feeding, and this is what I get. Dry, light pots and wilty plants.

If you skipped a feeding no big deal, just make sure if they need it to feed them on the next watering.

Yeah I will be feeding them tonight I believe. I was going to do nutes originally tonight anyways, but the way they looked this morning I needed to inject water immediately! lol

I took a quick peak while they are sleeping just now, and it looks like even though they "droop" a tad when they sleep, they were standing up and recovered from the water.

Are you saying that you have to water them every night? Unless you are like HL and grow in tiny pots, I wouldn't think that you should have to be watering every day?

Yes, I have to water every day they are telling me.

I tried to skip a watering of just straight water last night, since (up to the knuckle) felt cool and "moist" enough, though they were a tad light. When I checked on them this more, 15 minutes before their bedtime, they were SCREAMING at me.. and dry as a bone nearly for soil. Up until last night, I feed them either nutes or just water every day. I'm in 1 gal and 3 gal (I believe) pots.. like Hampster Lewis I believe. 1gal for the 5x Blue OG, and 3gal for the 4 larger ones (PC and BLT)

Thanks for popping in TOA and THG.. much appreciated!

EllisD said:
WHOA!

I'm quite sure I know what's going on.. but.. I checked my 2 tents this morning. The veg tent with LST'd plants are in great shape! The tent with 4 flowering, were very much fully wilting down and sad.

Last night, I put my knuckle in and it was cool and seemed damp. So I decided to skip any watering. Seems like it was a bad idea!! They were extremely light this morning and wilting down a LOT! I'm hoping that since I gave them water 15 minutes before light turns off, it won't be bad. Is it ok that I gave them water and now they are going into darkness? Will they pop back up during darkness??? Any suggestions? They are wilted down, granted they are not "dryed" and wilted, just more like "wet noodle"

That can happen from too much water or not enough. Let them dry before you water again. They can wilt from too much water and not as easy to recover from as a dry dry. Don't mess with them during lights out. 15 minutes won't hurt but don't do it all the time. They need their rest.

Just curious as I run 1&3gal as well how many oz of water you feed them per day?

Ok cool that's about the same as mine I usually fill a gallon and use clean plastic ice coffee cups to make sure they all get xactly the same no guessing.
1 large for a 3gal (32)oz
(18oz small for the 1 gallons) these usually need water daily as I used some mg moisture I can go 2 days between usually on the 3 gal

also mine were all everyday waters to and like you they all freaked out and u can tell if it's over watering by the leafs being puffy between side vein lines I had put extra bulbs super close with no water for a few days and I could see the puffyness backing down and then they were fine and I switched to every other day on those due to my mix I used 2parts mg moisture 1 p verm 1p peat and a rock base as well as sand mixed into the soil as well. Needless to say will be changing all this next grow hahaha till then the game is on to chopping

use clean plastic ice coffee cups to make sure they all get xactly the same no guessing.

I should be doing something similar actually lol.. I'm just guessing.

The clones I took last night look "decent" this morning. 2 of them are still standing but sad looking, and 2 others are fallen right over (like before) .. I'm going to leave them alone today.. last time when they fell over like that I put them right into a shot glass of water to try to save them and it worked! This time, I'm going to see if they will stand back up in the rapid rooters.

Not all plants will use the exact same amount of water. I wouldn't worry about watering each plant the exact same amount. DGF, are you watering until you get some runoff? I am thinking that maybe you are not watering them "deep enough". If you do not give them enough water to thoroughly wet the soil to the bottom of the pot, you can end up with shallow roots. Even when I was growing in a 1/2 gal pot for the micro grow, I did not have to water every day and I live in a very arid place--RH drops into the teens frequently.

Yes I water until it just starts to leak out. They sure have a crazy amount of roots, at least in my noob opinion.

Clones are wilting a bit. I just put the dome on to see if it helps... I don't know last time I was sure it was under watered, I'm hoping not over this time. I've done everything I've seen in any video and with any reading. Not sure why mine like to turn into wet noodles....

Looks like the clones are starting to perk up just a tad in the dome. That's good :) The other (older) clones all look quite good actually, so looks like I'll have 4x Blue OG and 4x Pineapple Chunk going for the next batch, if all stays healthy. :)

Nutes are up to around 1200PPM for large and nearing 1,000 for the.. well.. other large now. I can't really call them small! lol! I also started my first feeding of Bloombastic this evening for the 4 flowering. 3ml of Bloombastic to the 1gal of water I used between the 4. Structure and color / detail of everything is looking good to my new(er) eyes. I think I'm going to be right on for an 8 week harvest of the 1 Blue Lemon Thai, and I have a feeling the PC will take 2-3 weeks more after that. The Blue OG is going to be extremely fast at 7-8 weeks, though I'm going to aim for 8.

Pics will come tomorrow :aok:

I went up to check the tent this morning, and since it was past 7am, one of the tents was sleeping... so I didn't get any pics this morning, I'll have to get them tonight after 7. I don't like disturbing them while they are sleeping!

I agree with THG... each plant will require different amounts of water each feeding... I usually water based on how much the pot weighs when I pick them up... some stains will drink more then others... some plants are in a hot spot and will always drink more...

How do you clone? sorry i cant go back thru 500 posts just to find out...

Latest posts

Back