Grow Journal of a Cannabinoid Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's fine JustAnotherAnt, I'll gladly mention anything over again. Surely after nearing 500 posts in here, it's a bit to dig through.

I cut a lower branch, back near the stem. I then clean the branch up of smaller nodes that need to be taken off before the final 45° cut and I "tip" the ends of the larger fan leaves (I forgot to tip on these last 4 clones.. dur me. I didn't need the room in the dome, but could've used the more stability hah) I do my 45° cut in water to help protect against embolism. When I have my clone the way I want it, I take it out of the water and directly into a side dish of Clonex Gel, in which I swish around quite a lot to make sure it's properly coated. I then put it into a PH'd and wet/heavy damp Rapid Rooter plug. I make sure there's water in the bottom of the tray, and I then gently spray the clones and the inside of the humidity dome, to keep the humidity in. It's 68%RH right now in the tent they are in, so it's a good clone time it seems. I checked on them 2 - 3 times a day, and when I do I open the lid quite quick to replace the air inside. I then place the dome off to the side to get residual light from the T5's.
:aok:

3 stations are fully setup. Two 600watt HPS Air Cooled hood setups in two 4x4 Grow Tents, one with 6" 450CFM fan and 6" Phat Filter one with 4" 350CFM fan and 4" Phat Filter. Another 4x2 table with custom Mylar walls and 4 Bulb T5 HO fixture.

WOOO! I never knew my room would get to the extent it has! I'm 110% happy with all my setups and stations. I'll take pics tonight and update. I'm putting the 5x Blue OG into flowering tonight. They are already under the HPS light directly from T5, and timers are all in sync to turn off at 7 am for both tents. Both vent fans will run 24/7, and OSC fans (1 with CO2 bucket) will turn on with the lights.

I'm one happy green thumb right now! :D

Here are all the 16 pictures, in two posts. Thoughts?

*Note*

All plants in the T5 Mylar station are clones. 4x Blue OG (in dome) 4x Pineapple Chunk.

BlueOGFlower.jpg

BlueOGFlower-2.jpg

BlueOGFlower-3.jpg

BlueOGFlower-4.jpg

BlueOGFlower-5.jpg

BlueOGFlower-6.jpg

BlueOGFlower-7.jpg

BlueOGFlower-8.jpg

BlueOGFlower-9.jpg

BlueOGFlower-10.jpg

BlueOGFlower-11.jpg

BlueOGFlower-12.jpg

Looks great, looks like the clones are snapping back.

How long until the clones are ready for final home transplant after cutting and placing in soil and recovering? I think it has been about 2 weeks or more since I took these, and granted they had to come back from near death, I think they may be ready soon. Thoughts?

(The 4 Pineapple Chunk not the 4 Blue OG. When roots come out of the plugs I'll know it's ready for planting there. I did these in soil)

Feedings are at around 1,000 ppm for younger flowering tent and 1,250 ppm for older flowering tent, and I've started adding Bloombastic© into my mix.

Clones are all looking good. Everything is looking good. Took a peak at some of the budding on my 30x/60x loupe and it looks gnarly! :) Very interesting.

Funny note, whenever I mess up mixing (Only done twice) or have left over nutes, I will pour them into the flower gardens around the house on the way back from the room. I think they are REALLY thanking me for them. Also, now that I know more about plants, I'm seeing things my plants outside want lol!! There's some Iris and Hosta plants that are near a water feature we did years ago, and they've never done very well. Well, probably because the reason I even did the water feature there, was because it's the only place on the property that is 100% sand :confused2: So we dug the holes and put some potting soil in years ago thinking that would do. I'm amazed they even come back every year!! We didn't put much potting soil and I never feed them nutes of any kind.. eek!!

So they are getting leftovers :D

There's my random thought for today lol... anyone have any thoughts on last few posts?

the setup looks amazing. nice tight internodes. remember to rotate not only the pots themselves, but make sure each plant gets equal time in the center of the tent.:48:

Thank you so much Shortbus! :aok: :D

Curious, I'm about to transplant 4 of the clones into 3 gal grow bags (all I have... I wish they were solid pots) which will be their finally homes. How much nutes should I feel them? 300ppm or so? Or more like 500ppm? The plants were up to around 800ppm's of nutes when I took clones.

Hopefully someone is around soon for my recent question in last post. I'm doing transplant in the next hour.

EllisD said:
Thank you so much Shortbus! :aok: :D

Curious, I'm about to transplant 4 of the clones into 3 gal grow bags (all I have... I wish they were solid pots) which will be their finally homes. How much nutes should I feel them? 300ppm or so? Or more like 500ppm? The plants were up to around 800ppm's of nutes when I took clones.

If there well rooted then 500 ppm to start should be ok, you can always go up so always start light.

glad your grow is going so well.

glad your grow is going so well.

CRITICAL error tonight!!! :( :( :(

I went up to transplant the clones, found out I hate the grow bags I have so bad, that I'm going to wait for proper pots, and when I checked on the tents, the left tent was NOT working. I tried multiple bulbs but I couldn't get this cheap *** setup that I bought (from G r o w a c e) to strike any of my 2 bulbs!! Days into flowering, this crap happens?!?!! This is what I get for buying cheap knock off setup and saving $100. I'm going to my hydro store tomorrow and spending the extra $100 more for the setup I SHOULD have got and working on the return tonight.

I put the T5 fixture from the 3rd station in to the second tent tonight so they can at least get 12 hours of SOME kind of light.

I will not buy cheap "unknown" brands again... ***!

... yeah I'm pretty heated about this light issue. I will never buy cheap junk again. Immediately regretting it, grrrr.

EllisD said:
CRITICAL error tonight!!! :( :( :(

I tried multiple bulbs but I couldn't get this cheap *** setup that I bought (from G r o w a c e) to strike any of my 2 bulbs!!

Did you try to plug it directly to the wall (bypass timer)?
This will tell if its the timer or ballast since you tryed other bulbs.

Growdude said:
Did you try to plug it directly to the wall (bypass timer)?
This will tell if its the timer or ballast since you tryed other bulbs.

Absolutely. I tried my MH bulb that I did an entire veg with recently, and the HPS bulb that came with it.

At first I was sure the bulb blew.. then it wouldn't strike the MH.... then it struck it once, but wouldn't strike the HPS or MH ever again after hours of trying. I'm not dealing with this piece.... ya know?

Today is my birthday.. I'm heading down, getting a Quantum 600w Ballast, Quality hood and top notch bulb. Eff this cheap thing, already have the eBay return in process. The hood is so ignorant to open.. you have to pull (very hard like) the glass out as it drags along the rubber seal........... getting finger prints alll over the glass each and every time. So cheap...

Thanks for checking in Growdude... I'm just waiting for Hydro store to open. :)

You may want to seriously think about a magnetic ballast.
They make switchable ones.

Buy a good copper core ballast and watch it outlive one after another electronic ballasts.

P.S. I also like the hoods with the swing away glass.

Yeah, I'm just going to get the exact same setup in my right tent. :D

Swing away glass is EXCELLENT! I enjoy my other 600w setup very much!

Off to my hydro store, time to get the right equipment.

Latest posts

Back