Grow more than the breeder says the strain can produce?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeNtAlPaTiEnT

Reaction score
Anyone ever do it? I'm just curious, really. I'm sure this will be valuable information to other growers so it's worth a thread I guess.

Well you have to take into consideration that the breeder has a MUCH better set-up than anyone. So usually thats the most yeild you can get. So when you buy seeds and they say yeild 2 oz. per plant that is under the best environment you can have. So I would say if you can get more you are on the right track. GL!!!

Thanks for the reply. The strain I'm growing state 400-450 grams per square meter. Not bad I'd guess. Any idea on what the norm is between all strains? I've read about some sativas going up into the 1000 grams mark! Yikes! That's a heck of a lot of dope!

400-450 grams is a possibility per meter squared, but thats under perfect conditions, with co2 regulated. Thats a very high gram per watt ratio. You should get 1/2 gram per watt and you are on the right track

Thanks again. I've got a 3foot wide by a 3foot width box that I'm thinking of putting a 600 watt hps in. Hopefully I will yield something respectable huh!

Just make sure you enviroment is good, RH, temp, co2, intake, exhaust, air circulation and you should be good.

Definately. Going to have to drill a few holes in the walls for intake and outtake. Should be good times. I'm looking towards a sog style in this box. I'd like to have big long colas side by side, row by row in this box.

Still curious as to if anybody has EVER grown more than what the breeder says the strain can yield.

Mental you should do really well if you put a 600w HPS in a 3X3 space thats about 10000 lumens per sq/ft double the recommened lumens so that should be some big tight buds coming your way! I have my 600w HPS in a 4X4 space and I get some pretty tight buds so you should do well if your well ventilated! I can't wait to see your results!

Phatpharmer

Thanks phat! I'm going to head on over to your journal to see how your set-up is doing for you after a quick bowl or two :cool: . I can only imagine what White Berry buds would like like under a high intensity bulb. Although I fear one of my plants is stunted and might not produce buds like my recent harvest. Or I might be paranoid and everything will turn out great. Anywho, bowl time then your journal.

Latest posts

Back