Grow planning problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ross

Reaction score
So ive been planning a grow and i want to have every little detail figured out so i know what equipment to buy, etc. (i dont want to get a mh then realize i want t5's). as i have it planned right now i am going to veg 8 clones for 1 month every month (i figured about 2 weeks for rooting then 2 weeks of veg growth). one clone from each of the 8 plants each month. the flower room capacity will be 16 plants and the 8 older plants will be placed in the 8 most-light-intense areas of the room. but my concern is that 1 month will not be enough time from cutting to cutting. does anyone know how well this would work out? if i have adequate lighting should i be able to turn around clones that fast?

interesting question.

My guess?? If the lighting is adequate from outside in the place you keep them, i would say sure, why not, clone to clone.

Assuming you mean, 1 month before you could clone the clone.

maybe i didnt explain it well, i will clone all 8 vegging plants right before putting them into the flower room which will also have 8 more plants one month ahead in flower. my hope is that a month later those 8 clones will be ready to take the spots left by the 8 plants ready to be harvested. i'm willing to buy whatever lighting that would be necessary to get the plants to a "cloneable" size in a month, but i'm not sure what that would be, or if there is any. in other words, there will always be twice as many plants in the flowering room as the veg and the flowering plants will be staggered by one month, or so thats the plan.

You can take a clone and have it rooted and ready for flowering in one month easily enough, not a problem at all. The one thing I would do differently though is I would double the amount of clones I take. In other words if I wanted to have 8 plants ready one month from today I would take 16 clones today. This way I could screw up a few or if a couple didn't live I would be fine. PLUS, I could select the 8 BEST for flowering and just throw out the others that I grew that didn't make the cut, wheter that means I am throwing out 8 or I am throwing out 2, the important thing is you have 8 healthy ready to go one month from today.....always overshoot on clones. From what I have read cloning using aeorponics would create roots the fastest, but I am not sure on that.

:yeahthat: i agree,

if i were you and had that much space why not take 1 or 2 clones for a mother and take clones from that its much easier in my opinion, its what i do accept i have much less space so i turn over every 60-70 days and cant stagger them

What you are talking about doing is perfectly obtainable as long as you have the right strain. Your clones should take a week to two weeks and about two weeks of veg and then 2 months of bloom.
Sounds like you have got a good plan formulated.
You shouldn't have a problem with that, though definately ditto to NYC, double what you want to ensure you have what you need.
The clone mother is a rather easy way to clone but honestly, I do not think that would alleviate the work you are doing.
Two clones off of each plant right before you put them into your flower room is the easiest way on that one IMO.
A mother would need to be maintained and taken care of. Not difficult by any many but extra work for sure.
Good luck and good smoke

Lighting? I chose MH/HPS over T5's. It all depends. Check the initial lumens and spectrum of light. -T5's are not as hot as MH and generally have more of a rectangular spectrum(tubes). -I think MH promotes faster/bushier veg growth than T5's (yeah, bushier is a word :aok: had to look that one up! ). -There are options in bulb quality within MH bulbs...some have more blue than others. Most MH bulbs have more blue("white light") in the color spectrum than T5's but can cost more. -If you clone from a mother plant, the height of the plant/distance of the light means less lumens for the other veg plants(assuming you're only using one light). I don't know how exact your timing will be to have 8 clones each month but if some of your clones don't make it, you'll just have to clone a few extra the next time around to keep it at 8. -"ya nice"

Unfortunately, the trichs decide when you can move on to the next generation. My widows are going 2 weeks beyond what I thought they would, so I've got youngsters everywhere.

Like DirtySouth says: be strain conscious when you bean up.

yea, i definitely plan on going by trichs, if the plants take 10 weeks to flower then the clones get an extra 2 weeks to grow so that would be good.

i dont plan on having a queen mother plant since canopy height will be an issue if i do that, but rather i will be cloning clones (the 1 month old plants).

also, the extra clones is a good idea, i plan on doing that, as i get better hopefully i can take less and less extras.

the only known strain i will be growing is J1, which i believe is a jack herer cross??

Man, it's hard to throw clones away when you're as new as me to the sport.:eek:

PencilHead said:
Man, it's hard to throw clones away when you're as new as me to the sport.:eek:

Tell me about PH.:rofl: I threw a bunch away, then 90 minutes later dug them out of the trash and threw them in some dirt:laugh: Those bubble cloners work great:)

Latest posts

Back