Grow room help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttotheh

Reaction score
i have been looking for a good place to grow and looked in my closet i noticed a bord about 2 by 2 nailed into the ceiling so i unscrewed it to take a look up there its about 3 to 4 feet tall 5 to 6 feet wide and room for about 15 plants theres a problem tho the floor of my newley found attic is covered in instalation( the fluffy white stuff im pretty sure thats called instalation) is there anyway to work around this and still make it a succesful grow room ???? thanks!!!!!

:)

:peace:

2 2 flooring.JPG

Sometimes they have that wood flooring at BigLots. Just snaps together basically. Cheapest place Ive seen it. But they carry it everywhere.
Im getting some my next trip to BigLots so I can store the Christmas stuff in the attic and outta my grow area.

be careful, white fluffy isolation could be asbestos, wear a mask when your up there and wash your hands after handling any of that stuff

Most attics do not have solid "floors"--insulation is just put over top of the drywall. You will need some kind of solid flooring up there. You will not be able to just put laminate flooring over your roof trusses--it needs a base--something like plywood. Attics tend to get extremely hot in summer and cold in winter. It usually takes some work to get an attic space ready for a grow.

Hot dang, Goddess, how long were you in construction? I'm impressed.

The heat deal certainly depends on what lattitude your attic is in. I wouldn't even attempt it in my climes, and I find it totally wierd that peolple north of me worry about mold in their attics. I dare mold to try and grow in my attic without wearing an asbestos overcoat.

PencilHead said:
Hot dang, Goddess, how long were you in construction? I'm impressed.

The heat deal certainly depends on what lattitude your attic is in. I wouldn't even attempt it in my climes, and I find it totally wierd that peolple north of me worry about mold in their attics. I dare mold to try and grow in my attic without wearing an asbestos overcoat.

:giggle::giggle: I'm still in construction. I hold a master's license for one of the trades. :eek:

I am around the 45th parallel and it is still far too hot in my area to even attempt to grow in the attic in the summer. It is not uncommon at all for us to get temps >105F, but we have an RH around 15-20. On the reverse, it also gets <0F in the winter :D.

Bless you, sister. Sorry you have to live so far north. Closed the G C biz--was paying more taxes and insurance than I was making for the last 2 years.

Come on, Obama.

Latest posts

Back