GROW SHUT DOWN, Need ADVICE QUICK PLEASE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_2_Chronic

Gone Baby Gone
Reaction score
Well I am sad to say that my grow was comprimised. A city wiorker marking water lines where they are doing work was right in front of my grow today. I guess this means that they will be doing some work in the neighbors property less than 5 ft from my grow box. I saw him from my window investigating my box or at least where the noise was coming from..... So now I need advice...

I have completely dismanteld the grow and put everything in my attic for now. Tomorrow I will go and rent somewhere to grow at....Whats my best option as far as renting, house, mobile home, commercial office space,?

I have the funds to go and get another place pretty quickly. and some extra furniture to furnish it....So what should I do.... I think I have a day or two to get the plants out of the house and destroy the grow box.

Call me paranoid but id rather just be safer than sorry. I was planning on moving it away at some point anyway...

I was thinking my best option would be to rent a house, Are there many here doing it in places they rent...

I think an apartment grow is more risky but i could be wrong....

Major bummer chronic. Man, with the police thing and now this? Geeze, you just can't catch a break right now, can ya?. Well, I may be more paranoid than most but I would just forget about it for a bit and not be in a real hurry to do anything. If you have funds to rent another place, then you have funds to buy a bag or two for a couple of weeks and really think about what you want to do next (well, unless you still have your plants. Then I say "Yikes!" & wish you a little better luck than you have been having) But, that's just me.;)

renting another place meens added expence..just for a personal grow...and why cant you keep them in the House? anyway..I agree with the perdon that said if you have the funds to put out for rent..then close shop and buy for a while...

why was this worker on your property?...or is it not yours? Thanks and take care and be SAFE!!!

the recent events are the reason i want to move it. I still have all the plants, and nothing probably will come of this but i dont want to take that chance.

I am going to keep growing just moving locations. This way there is 1 person that knows about my grow,,,,the way it should be....My grow now has two people that know about it and that is 1 too many for me so to another location I go.

Im more worried at this point of this guy coming back and jacking my grow and plants....more than him notifying anyone...The guy just looked to me that he heard a fan or something and was trying to figure out where it was coming from...he could of been just working and not even noticed the box or noise....

the guy was on my neighbors property. Our properties are seperated by a 4 ft wooden fence. The box stands 5.8 ft he can only see the top two feet of the box and it just looks like part pf my shed, or a pump house....

cant keep the grow in the house simply because there is nowhere i can keep it hidden from my daughter....She cant go where it is now.

do people just not grow if they rent?

I think most do..if they rent whats the diffrence?...realy..and why are you sweating this guy? if he canrt see anything how does he know what your doing..unless he is doing it himself..and ther for i would worrie theft..i grow in a shed out back..but in it..and theres noise but minimal. Do what your gutt tells you. and good luck too you

a couple of years ago a friend of mine rented a storage compartment at one of those road side places, i helped him set it up.
lined everything with mylar and sealed any openings with duct tape. he also had an ozone generater running on a timmer by the door to control the smell.
It had concrete walls and plenty of electrical outlets.
Then again the guy who owned the storage spaces was his uncle and he got a cut from the harvest.
It was a rather sifisticated grow, he had 3 compartments sectioned off inside the space. 1 for veg, one for flower and one for drying. Every time he went to the grow he brought a piece of furnature and had 2 in the space to cycle threw so he could say that he was just trading out some furniture if anybody asked.
It was cool. for helping him set it up and figure out the details of the smartest way to go about everything he reimmbursed me with a qp from the first harvest.
My friends see me as the mcgyver of these kind of things.

4u2sm0ke said:
I think most do..if they rent whats the diffrence?...realy..and why are you sweating this guy? if he canrt see anything how does he know what your doing..unless he is doing it himself..and ther for i would worrie theft..i grow in a shed out back..but in it..and theres noise but minimal. Do what your gutt tells you. and good luck too you

I think with renting you would need to worry about the "random landlord visits." Most states they have to give you written notification a few days before they actually enter. I would look into that, just to be on the safe side.

storage units? How would you pay the electric bill ? pass it on to the storage owner...you dont think the spike in the power useage would give you away..i know this person above said the owners was a relative..thats the only way it would work..is to know someone inside...Most storage areas I have seen only have a light no power outlets..

Okay why not buy a Motor home...park it on the side of house..gut the inside and build a sweet setup on wheels..lol..Im high..and haveing fun..

4u2sm0ke said:
true..I was not thinking of that..I own so no one can come in..lol..

So you are one of the 350 people left in this country lucky enough to own a house? lol. I imagine there is a lot better peace of mind in that. I was thinking of doing one of those "Rent to own" things, where you are technically paying the mortgage, but you dont have to sell the place to get out of it. Anyone have any advice on that?

Buy with cash :aok: otherwise, every month someone is always asking you for the rent ;)

We just bought a house. I was growing in a rental and it wasn't fun at all. Put the room up, tear it down, put the room up, tear it down. I'm surprised none of my plants hermied on me with the crazy light schedules. If your only option is renting a place then what can you do? If there is another option look into it. Having a landlord and a grow room gets old quick.

I saw a RV for sale the other day and thought it would be sweet to set a up a grow in one. I was thinking if there were any problems, just pick up and leave. Then my wife was like, "If you get a moving violation, everyone in the contry will laugh at your *** on the news." It dampered my spirits a little...

slowmo77 said:
i think i would just hang it up for a while, renting a place just seems like a bad idea to me. i like to grow but i love not beening in jail. jmo
I think that's the best idea, Slowmo...just chill for a few weeks and then pick it up again.

Latest posts

Back