Growing autos outdoors this season?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never used dope seeds...they pretty reliable? I was looking at some strain awhile back, and clicked on a link that took me to their site. Oh it was some C99 put out by the Spice Bro's.

Count me in I have been thinking about this for a bit now, I just ordered seeds today and asked about auto's and the guy was clueless on heights so I am going to have to make a trip to the big city or buy online.

legalize_freedom said:
I've never used dope seeds...they pretty reliable? I was looking at some strain awhile back, and clicked on a link that took me to their site. Oh it was some C99 put out by the Spice Bro's.

Yes Dope sees is a good reliable site...I hve ordered from them a cpl times with no problems...

NorthernHoney said:
Count me in I have been thinking about this for a bit now, I just ordered seeds today and asked about auto's and the guy was clueless on heights so I am going to have to make a trip to the big city or buy online.

Glad to hve you aboard...

http://www.calendar-updates.com/sun...lonMin=54&lonSec=1&hrsToGMT=8&cities=&dayAns=

That is a long link. I find this link gets me a good sunrise time. You can put in any date too. I like that when deciding how long of time/light my seeds are gonna be popping under and try to get that amount of inside/outside light the same on any given "take them outside day". That way I am able to avoid the dreaded REVEDGE. I am gonna be shooting for the mid May mark (I think this is aproximate 14 hour day here) to put them out, baring any late frost forcasts. I dont know if this is the same link Art gave out for sunrise sunset times.

As for my input on temps, I try to get my girls a steady 46f night time temp before I put them out. As for the upper temps, we had some days into the high 110's last summer and will get some every summer. I think the girls I have grown loved those high temps. Water is the issue more to me, making sure in the higher temps to keep the plant hydrated. In pots that is essential I have found. Pots in Hot weather need watering more than the "let it dry out" standard.

Bring on Spring!

tcbud said:
That is a long link. I find this link gets me a good sunrise time. You can put in any date too. I like that when deciding how long of time/light my seeds are gonna be popping under and try to get that amount of inside/outside light the same on any given "take them outside day". That way I am able to avoid the dreaded REVEDGE. I am gonna be shooting for the mid May mark (I think this is aproximate 14 hour day here) to put them out, baring any late frost forcasts. I dont know if this is the same link Art gave out for sunrise sunset times.

Hi ya, tc! The link I posted gives you the whole year, but more importantly, does the length of day calculations for you, too :hubba:

hXXp://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=1081&month=7&year=2009&obj=sun&af l=-11&day=1

count me in....once its not winter. spring time will be auto time in my outdoor garden..

Okay, fellow students, here is our first quest. We need to find out how big these autos are going to get outside. We also need to know how big a pot they need, or if they do better, or worse in the ground. I saw a couple gjs at bbay. Maybe we can look around and meet back here to share new info. Sound good? Others have tried our experiment. We just need to tap into that wealth of knowledge. We all know how expensive auto beans are.

Okay, I have a new question. Let's say I germ 4 beans of one of my auto strains. Say I get 2 males. Is there any reason to let both flower and save and mix the pollen to make beans with? I am assuming they both look the same, as far as phenos go. If obviously different, I can see keeping the plants separate, saving the pollen and pollinating and marking branches of the girls I want seeds from. So, I guess the next question is: Are there known different phenos in the RRF, Lowlife Automatic AK47 x Auto Blueberry, Lowlife Automatic White Russian?

420benny said:
Okay, I have a new question. Let's say I germ 4 beans of one of my auto strains. Say I get 2 males. Is there any reason to let both flower and save and mix the pollen to make beans with? I am assuming they both look the same, as far as phenos go. If obviously different, I can see keeping the plants separate, saving the pollen and pollinating and marking branches of the girls I want seeds from. ...

I was just thinking about this today, benny :). I'm assuming the yields will be less outside in the 1st place. So why not do a seed run at the same time?

Howdy Art! I am betting on nice yields with good sunlight and enough of it. I think I hit jackpot on a thread about our project. I just found it and haven't read the whole thing. Highlights include cows eating 100s of mj plants, crosses between strains, 4 foot auto plants?? Huge, freakin' grow, hundreds of plants, but lots of info we can use. Keep looking gang. There are more out there.
hxxp://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?t=124036
You will have to join to see the pics. Look at how many members are online. OMG!

420benny said:
Howdy Art! I am betting on nice yields with good sunlight and enough of it. I think I hit jackpot on a thread about our project. I just found it and haven't read the whole thing. Highlights include cows eating 100s of mj plants, crosses between strains, 4 foot auto plants?? Huge, freakin' grow, hundreds of plants, but lots of info we can use. Keep looking gang. There are more out there.
hxxp://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?t=124036
You will have to join to see the pics. Look at how many members are online. OMG!

Yeah I hve been a member there for a while now...it's a good site...a lil too advanced for me though...a lot of breeders on there...

I read the whole gj. It was worth reading. It took a lot of work, but it was successful for the original plan, which was to be out of the woods and rain by mid September. The poster made a video when he planted in June
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2rWHAzwH0A
Oh, it looked like they grew between a foot and 4 feet tall. A few odd ones were 5 footers. Yield was around 2 zips per, I think, on average

count me in . Last year I planted Diesel Ryder in middle of March in southeast US the nights were still cool and the plants did not grow as well as the ones planted in the middle of summer I gathered seeds off of plants that were out till first frost . IMO the premium time to plant autos is wait till the nights get in the 60's then set out seedlings.:)

im going to use my short stuff mystery kush seeds that i got with my order from dope seeds. i plan on starting the baby indoors under my mh until it sexes, then moving outside. probably early to mid june i want it to be outside growing. im thinking about a 3 gallon or 5 gallon container with FFOF. this is gonna be great. outdoor auto plants all over north america. (sorry if i forgot any european growers...)

I got the last of my beans yesterday. here's my whole list:
LowRyder#2xAK47 (3 fems)
Russian Rocket Fuel (10 reg)
Auto White Russian (10 reg)
Auto AK47xauto blueberry (10 reg)
I plan on starting some of the RRF indoors soon to make a seed run. I may have my buddy start the WRs inside to also get more beans. The 3 fems are going into large smart pots outside in June. Ideally, by then I will have some decent auto pollen to make more beans on those girls. This should be fun. It seems that those who have already tried this have had better luck by waiting a bit to put them out. I want to test this, by doing both early and later in the same spot here.

Somebody hide my credit card! Found a new auto to try

hxxps://www.seedboutique.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=97&products_id=2177
₤41.03
MDZ Sour 60
Click to enlarge
Breeder : Mdanzig
Environment : Indoor / Outdoor
Seeds Per Pack : 10

What do you get when you cross Joint Doctors "Lowryder", Dutch Passions "Master Kush", Dj Shorts "Original Blueberry", and BOG's "Sour Bubble"?
A super-fast finishing auto-flowering hybrid that sends a punch to the brain, and a zing to the palate.

This baby is built fro speed, and will finish in 60 days from seed. totally bypassing the vegetative state, and going immediately into flowering within the first 21 days, hence "Sour 60".
So after 7 years of intensive breeding, exclusively with auto-flowering strains, I believe I have a plant that can stand up to the big boys,
and more than satisfy a connoisseurs taste buds as well. I was always very fond of BOG's "Sour Bubble",
and I basically couldnt help myself from trying to make an auto hybrid using a wonderful "Sour Bubble" Purple male, combined with other top shelf strains.

Indoors, with a light regiment of 18/6, or 12/12, she will do fantastic, but excels under 24 hours of constant light.
She is perfect for vegetative rooms, or areas with short summers, as you can grow several harvests in one short season outdoors.

Auto-flowering plants might not be for everyone, but with constant improvements being made, they will surely hold their own in the cannabis community.
Reviews

0 items
Write Review Write a review on this product!
Help Desk !

Latest posts

Back