growing fine but running out of head space

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
3,266
Reaction score
3,766
well the fems that i have gotton from my friend that were infested with some bug have regrouped and are doing well in my box they are now flowering and having a time of it but the problem now is that one of them seems to be indica and is outgrowing the box its in when it went in it was about 1' or so away from my high cfl and now its almost 3" away i need some advise on what to do about her should i tie a string to her and "guide" her toward the corner of the box or what

DSC00786.JPG


DSC00791.JPG


DSC00790.JPG


DSC00792.JPG
 

50bud

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
210
Reaction score
66
I would suggest some LST, maybe like a trashbag and tie it to something stable then to the top of the plant. Oh by the way do you mean sativa? That is the type of plant that grows tall.
 

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
3,266
Reaction score
3,766
50bud said:
I would suggest some LST, maybe like a trashbag and tie it to something stable then to the top of the plant. Oh by the way do you mean sativa? That is the type of plant that grows tall.
ok im lost now for sure what is LST and what would i be doing with the trashbag i may have the types backwards not sure but i thought that sativas were short fast growing and bushy and indicas were tall lean and longer growth cycles
 

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
3,266
Reaction score
3,766
85cannabliss said:
how many watts is that cfl???
the cfl is a 42W warm white G.E. 2700 lumen = to a 150W incan bulb
 

bigbudsbruddah

Senior Smoker
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
829
Reaction score
552
Dubbaman said:
ok im lost now for sure what is LST and what would i be doing with the trashbag i may have the types backwards not sure but i thought that sativas were short fast growing and bushy and indicas were tall lean and longer growth cycles
You got it backwards sativas grow tall. Anyway what i did in that situation was tie down your plant as it gets close to your light( aka LST)
 

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
3,266
Reaction score
3,766
bigbudsbruddah said:
You got it backwards sativas grow tall. Anyway what i did in that situation was tie down your plant as it gets close to your light( aka LST)
ok but if i try to tie it down instead of just lightly pulling it off toward the side like directing it to the top corner couldnt it a problem with the under sides of the fans getting the light instead of the tops or will that matter

and thanks of the sativa indica thing i guess i was told wrong in a past post and was under the opposite assumption but like its said when you make and assumption you make an *** out of you and me lol
 

bigbudsbruddah

Senior Smoker
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
829
Reaction score
552
The leafs will turn so they face the light. The plant will accomidate to any LST'ing as long as you don't go breaking stems are any thing. :)
 

50bud

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
210
Reaction score
66
yeah, i was just giving you a pretty easy way to do it instead of ropes. strings. etc. just take the trashbag should be about 3 ft. long and tie it to the bottom of the pot or something sitting around that is stable then tie it towards the top of the plant so it slightly bends, dont bend to much though for it may cause it to break. You can also pinch the stem by kind of rolling your fingers around the part of the main stem which will be a convenient bend point, do this until the stem starts to soften a little bit and it will kind of bend over, i dont know if i would try this though being a beginner and all or just the possible risk of breaking the main stem, the trash bag tie should get the job done.:hubba:
 

choking_victim

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
349
Reaction score
196
if you have time, you can also move your light around each side 3-4 times a day, but this may be more trouble than the solutions they gave.
 

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
3,266
Reaction score
3,766
choking_victim said:
if you have time, you can also move your light around each side 3-4 times a day, but this may be more trouble than the solutions they gave.
im a bit confused on that you saying to move the cfl to different spots a few times a day that would seem to be a bit of a hassel but doable too im a full time dad and grower now so i have only these lovely commitments to tend to but i still think i may jsut get some twine and tie it off a bit
 

choking_victim

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
349
Reaction score
196
yeah, like I had said, it may be easier with what they're saying.
I have A.D.D. if I'm not stoned, so when I'm sitting there sober in a grow room, I start to fidget, and try different things with different plants to keep my mind occupied.
haha, it's sad.

Like you said, you can pull the light off to the side, but rotate the light every few hours so all sides of the plant get the same amount of light for so long.
So that your plant doesn't just go twords the light in a stationary placing.

 

choking_victim

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
349
Reaction score
196
yeah, like I had said, it may be easier with what they're saying.
I have A.D.D. if I'm not stoned, so when I'm sitting there sober in a grow room, I start to fidget, and try different things with different plants to keep my mind occupied.
haha, it's sad.

Like you said, you can pull the light off to the side, but you can rotate the light every few hours so all sides of the plant get the same amount of light for so long.
So that your plant doesn't just go twords the light in a stationary placing.

 

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
3,266
Reaction score
3,766
might as well try both and see what happens with the girls i can add a few more hanging hooks and move the cfl around every few hours and see whats up with that before i go and tie her up
 

choking_victim

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
349
Reaction score
196
good luck with your grow,

how much longer until you harvest?

with most FLs you can touch them wile they're on without burning yourself. it's almost the same with your plants.
when I start seedlings I have them almost touch the light so they'll get maximum lumens, and it doesn't hurt them, but if you see your leaves start to curl up, then it's either too hot or too close...or both.
just keep an eye on them and you should be fine, I wouldn't fret too much.
I just hope you can harvest before you run out of ceiling space, and if not your bud will actually curl off the ceiling and keep growing (wouldn't recommend). I've seen a 100% sativa growing indoors and about a foot of cola was hugging to the ceiling, and turned out fine.

hopefully she turns out good for ya.
good x's and great highs my brother, hope she tastes as good as she looks.
 

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
3,266
Reaction score
3,766
choking_victim said:
good luck with your grow,

how much longer until you harvest?

with most FLs you can touch them wile they're on without burning yourself. it's almost the same with your plants.
when I start seedlings I have them almost touch the light so they'll get maximum lumens, and it doesn't hurt them, but if you see your leaves start to curl up, then it's either too hot or too close...or both.
just keep an eye on them and you should be fine, I wouldn't fret too much.
I just hope you can harvest before you run out of ceiling space, and if not your bud will actually curl off the ceiling and keep growing (wouldn't recommend). I've seen a 100% sativa growing indoors and about a foot of cola was hugging to the ceiling, and turned out fine.

hopefully she turns out good for ya.
good x's and great highs my brother, hope she tastes as good as she looks.
not too sure how long im gonna be a tric watcher to knwo for sure it seems though that my indica has been flowering for about 3 weeks and my sativa is just getting there to the start about 1 week maby 2
 

choking_victim

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
349
Reaction score
196
ouch. you probably have another month, unless it's an early strain. also depending on what kind of high you want. most strains take about 2 months to get finished with flowering.

at first, probably soon for you; you'll see the trichromes popping out entering their most mature stage.
A few weeks later, they will start to get cloudy, if you harvest when the trich is really cloudy (when I like), you'll end up with an 'uppidy' buzz. a high that lets you go out and accomplish something. now waiting until the trichs are starting to turn an amber color is when most people harvest, giving them a up-type, stoney high. or when they're all amber will make you really stoned, to where your too stoned to get up and get something to eat.
and if you wait too long after that, it will start to lose its potency. so once again, good luck to you and your grow.
'HippyinEngland' just posted a thread about the trichs where you can see the pictures.
they're not too identifiable, but they'll help.
 

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
3,266
Reaction score
3,766
yeah i seen it and i have some on my plants that i can see with out my micro (look like little white dots on the leaves and when i put them under my micro they are still clear and like Cypress Hill said," i want to get high." so im gonna go till them trichs are good and golden i wnna be stuck to the floor after i sat on the couch so i figure after all and all it will be a mid to late november harvest and a happy x-mas for me
 

choking_victim

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
349
Reaction score
196
it will also be a great christmas here for me also.
keep me posted on the subject.
I wanna see those girls when they get bigger.
 

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
3,266
Reaction score
3,766
choking_victim said:
it will also be a great christmas here for me also.
keep me posted on the subject.
I wanna see those girls when they get bigger.
will do hope they dont get to much bigger just bushier lol
 

Latest posts

Top